What have you purchased recently?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am SHOCKED anyone alive has missed these awful Nair commercials or didn't hear of " Nair pranks" while in school..

People were always trying to put this in people's shampoo when I was growing up because they were truly horrible people.
I must have forgot, because no one in my house used it, nor did I see many people in school use it. Not even for pranking. In high school, somebody kept using stink bombs; especially on hot days. That was annoying.

Reactions: lil devils x

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yeah, same thing. Utterly useless to be honest when you've got 3 cats and a dog, but I always wanted to paint the sofa anyway.
Wait, you are painting the SOFA? D:

When I want to refinish a sofa I reupholster it, but you are painting it, is it leather and you are redying it or something?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Wait, you are painting the SOFA? D:

When I want to refinish a sofa I reupholster it, but you are painting it, is it leather and you are redying it or something?
No, I mean that dust sheets aren't really very good when you live in an animal whirlwind (they're very thin and light, so the animals move them or make holes in them very easily). The sofa is the only thing I was covering, but it's wrecked anyway because the dog has claws like Freddy Krueger. But I love him so it's okay.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
No, I mean that dust sheets aren't really very good when you live in an animal whirlwind (they're very thin and light, so the animals move them or make holes in them very easily). The sofa is the only thing I was covering, but it's wrecked anyway because the dog has claws like Freddy Krueger. But I love him so it's okay.
Yea, when I painted "The returning of the knight's from battle" in the middle of a table, I put a nice thick bartop sealer over the top of it and sealed it up in a dust tent, thinking I was all set to let it set up for 72 hours undisturbed. When I opened the tent after 3 days, there were paw prints with fur sticking out of them all over the top of it. One of my cats had apparently gone in under the edge of it and got in there anyways, and I had to sand the finish down and redo it anyhow. Luckily though ,I only had to sand the finish and not have to redo the entire painting. Either way, that sealer isn't inexpensive so I was pretty irritated with the amount of extra work and cost I had to put into it at the time, especially since i was selling the table and REALLY needed that money for medical books for school at the time. Cats will get into anything if it is possible to get into it. I couldn't even tell the cat had been in and out of there from the outside because it still appeared undisturbed!

Reactions: Baffle

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I must have forgot, because no one in my house used it, nor did I see many people in school use it. Not even for pranking. In high school, somebody kept using stink bombs; especially on hot days. That was annoying.
I still think those who went bald from the Nair pranks likely would have gladly taken the stink bombs over having to regrow their hair back. I have hair down past my hips, I can't imagine having to do that many years worth of hair growth over again because someone would do something that terrible. Doing something like that to people wasn't funny, it was horrible. Luckily I was never targeted for anything mean like that, I knew people who were and yea it was seriously messed up. They really should have taken them to court over that, it was that bad.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Luckily I was never targeted for anything mean like that, I knew people who were and yea it was seriously messed up. They really should have taken them to court over that, it was that bad.
I know the school district I was in had a 0 tolerance policy. So odds are if anyone tried that, they would have been expelled on the spot.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Finally! Avatar: Last Airbender: North and South - Library Edition is in stock! I ordered yesterday and got it today. Collection of the good ATLA comics is complete.

Schlotzky

Oct 26, 2020
Toronto
Country
Canada
Just bought the Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage novel. Heard a lot of great things about this book, about to give it a read!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut. It's 2D Silent Hill, and right in time for Halloween. For $2,49 it's a steal too.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Some candy, compilation pack of Stephen King's IT remake on Blu-ray, Ghost Rider movie double pack Blu-ray, some candy, and a renewal of my GameStop pro membership.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I bought Dark Souls 3 and Control for the PS4 on clearance. Can't wait to play them in a couple of years when I get a PS5.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My pre-order for Song Machine came in this evening. I will pop this in tonight.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I ended up hurting my hand playing Thems Fighting Herds so I bought Control since K/M works better with it.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
A computer and a car.
Gaming computer? Specs? Pics? Car.... meh... More interested in the computer!!!! (Not seriously: cars can be pretty fun too).

My most recent purchase:

Got the 64 Gig storage version for $120 on Amazon Prime sale day.

It is more locked down then I like. Still only 2 Gig of RAM. But it is quick. I go through screens smoothly. It looks pretty, gives me good sound and full hd video. The only one I'd want more is a Samsung that goes for about 3-4 times the price.

Thinking of getting a gaming grip for it but uncertain it would work with anything on it.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Full Metal Jacket. Best Buy and Amazon were selling it for 9.99 yesterday. It's already here. I'm so used to slow shipping, because I always try to add enough to my cart for free shipping, that I didn't expect it until at least tomorrow. I just couldn't think of what else to add to my cart this time and didn't want to miss out on the discount.

My Kubrick Ultra HD collection now:

Dr. Strangelove
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket

I want Barry Lyndon next, but that one's wishful thinking. Most people don't even know it exists. Will order Spartacus when I see a good discount.

Reactions: gorfias

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Bought some movies from the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale happening right now. Was thinking 172 dollars wasn't too bad. Then I remembered the upcoming Fellini set, which put me over 300. Damn.