Supporters of trump storm congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It was never about honesty, standards or mutual respect. All of those fuzzy buzzwords are solely weaponised in an attempt to quieten those who dare criticise the system these husks mould and thrive parasitically in. It's all about winning at any cost, by coasting on the double standard allowed by the hopeful and the naive of us giving them the benefit of the doubt. They've now lost that benefit more than ever by this incredibly revealing (on multiple levels) show of force and sickening white privilege lately. Even the most naive of us which they refer to in one sneering stroke as "the left" should have the fog well and truly swept away, without a doubt. I implore all to take keen note of everything happening, this has always been the MO, do not allow them any moment to try pushing it all under the rug again just so they can coast these blatant double standards further, no one should forget this.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
A good summary of events, but still not much explanation for why the capital police were so understaffed.
I do remember the president ordering to "stand down and stand by". Perhaps they're the ones who actually heeded it. Bit delayed, granted.

Anyway, these last 24 hours I've learned stealing the Declaration of Independence would actually be super easy. Barely an inconvenience. Best keep a keen eye on Nic Cage.

Also:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I do remember the president ordering to "stand down and stand by". Perhaps they're the ones who actually heeded it. Bit delayed, granted.

Anyway, these last 24 hours I've learned stealing the Declaration of Independence would actually be super easy. Barely an inconvenience. Best keep a keen eye on Nic Cage.
Can we start a kickstarter to make a new one were Nick Cage steal it during those event, like he's actually controling Trump from behind and as being controlling the event for the last 5 years just to steal it during that time. Cage will play in literally anything so it probably wouldn't be very expensive.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Can we start a kickstarter to make a new one were Nick Cage steal it during those event, like he's actually controling Trump from behind and as being controlling the event for the last 5 years just to steal it during that time. Cage will play in literally anything so it probably wouldn't be very expensive.
He really does lol. He looks like he would star in a corporate safety instruction video at this point so a kickstarter should work.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I have seen many, if not most, Legal Eagle videos. This is easily the most pissed off I've ever seen Devin.

I love that parenthesis on 'deplorable' toward the end. I mean, I don't like Hillary Clinton, but she was fucking right on the money; all these people who got Trump in office are deplorable.

So is Kevin Sorbo, by the way, the dipshit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Since I got beat on Legal Eagle, have some scuffed podcast.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
There weren't any? What did they put the word out to deliberately leave the guns behind? I kinda just assumed with American right wing protests there always seems to be fat guys with machine guns playing dress up as soldiers...
no, none of them were openly carrying firearms.

Again that kind of cuts the legs out of "oh it was such a violent and dangerous act when they tried take over our democracy!" narrative.
Especially when all they did was goofy stuff like take a lectern and pose for photos while wearing Viking costumes. Y'know, regular "terrorist" things.
Especially when the only person killed was an unarmed woman by a security guard.

Does anyone have any evidence as to the motivations and end goals of the mob? What did you expect that they would do, exactly? Force all the members of house and senate to vote how they wanted them to vote? Drag them out of the building and hang them? Did they just want a front-row seat? Did they just want to express their displeasure? You don't know.

So trying to paint the narrative that this was some terrorist, seditious, stealing-the-government, coup, worst-thing-ever, is just that, a narrative.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Please do not insult other users
no, none of them were openly carrying firearms.

Again that kind of cuts the legs out of "oh it was such a violent and dangerous act when they tried take over our democracy!" narrative.
Especially when all they did was goofy stuff like take a lectern and pose for photos while wearing Viking costumes. Y'know, regular "terrorist" things.
Especially when the only person killed was an unarmed woman by a security guard.

Does anyone have any evidence as to the motivations and end goals of the mob? What did you expect that they would do, exactly? Force all the members of house and senate to vote how they wanted them to vote? Drag them out of the building and hang them? Did they just want a front-row seat? Did they just want to express their displeasure? You don't know.

So trying to paint the narrative that this was some terrorist, seditious, stealing-the-government, coup, worst-thing-ever, is just that, a narrative.
Fascist.

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I have seen many, if not most, Legal Eagle videos. This is easily the most pissed off I've ever seen Devin.

Must be awful being a lawyer and knowing all those people who openly defied the law (many of them proudly posting evidence online) are going to just walk away from this with no repercussion like that time some right wing nutjob took over a bird sanctuary.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

They broke into the capitol in the middle of cetification of the election results. Whipped up by your boy Trump who keeps pushing the "The election was stolen" and "We need to take our country back"

What do you think they were doing there? Showing moral support? There to give congress big hugs?

I'm gonna say this slowly because I know you have trouble understanding(or just like to pretend you do).

OF.
COURSE.
THEY.
WERE.
TRYING.
TO.
INFLUENCE.
THE.
VOTE.

JFC Houseman.

You can see massive voting fraud in 6 states but somehow the straightfoward concept that the mob was trying to stop bidens certification eludes you?

REALLY?

REALLY?

REALLLY?

REAAAALLLLLYYYYYYY?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
OF.
COURSE.
THEY.
WERE.
TRYING.
TO.
INFLUENCE.
THE.
VOTE.
Do you have any evidence for that statement?
Maybe it's just me, but professing to know the motivations of thousands of people seems like an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA

House, I think I speak for everyone when I ask that you spare us your routine idiocy and shut the fuck up. This is not cute. This is not funny. This is not a sports game where it's just meaningless fun where you can mindlessly cheer for your team. THIS IS A GODDAMN CASE WHERE CONGRESS WAS FUCKING EVACUATED FOR THEIR SAFETY AS A GODDAMN MOB BROKE IN AFTER THE POLICE BARRICADED THE FUCKING DOORS! That you're trying to downplay this is nothing short of despicable, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Do you have any evidence for that statement?
Maybe it's just me, but professing to know the motivations of thousands of people seems like an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence.
Man, just like we've been trying to tell you in the "Voter Fraud" thread. Not that's stopped you.

I literally can't tell if you're incredibly dense or incapable of anything resembling honest debate. Possibly both.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
House, I think I speak for everyone when I ask that you spare us your routine idiocy and shut the fuck up. This is not cute. This is not funny. This is not a sports game where it's just meaningless fun where you can mindlessly cheer for your team. THIS IS A GODDAMN CASE WHERE CONGRESS WAS FUCKING EVACUATED FOR THEIR SAFETY AS A GODDAMN MOB BROKE IN AFTER THE POLICE BARRICADED THE FUCKING DOORS! That you're trying to downplay this is nothing short of despicable, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
And yet, for how "scary" that was, only one unarmed woman died, and that was because the cops killed her. The only other thing that happened was a bunch of people milled around, took a podium, sat in desks, and posed for photo ops.

So really, keep it in perspective, it's not such a big deal. It could have been a lot worse. Nobody went there looking for a fight.

It's not like they set fire to a police station, or a church, or vandalized federal buildings or monuments.

Man, just like we've been trying to tell you in the "Voter Fraud" thread. Not that's stopped you.

I literally can't tell if you're incredibly dense or incapable of anything resembling honest debate. Possibly both.
So you have no evidence, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.