Supporters of trump storm congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well, now he's saying he will do a 'peaceful transition'. So maybe it worked?
Well based on your sides approach that means full armed assault teams acting in silence.

Words and Violence.
Violence is justified self defence and peaceful resistance.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Trump is facing about seven lawsuits that are unrelated to his presidency-- relating to defamation and sexual assault, fraud, and breach of contract among others.

What about the abysmal precedent that would be set by allowing somebody to escape prosecution for their own personal crimes, simply because they've been President?
Is this the sexual assault claim that has been thrown out of 7 different district courts so far? The one being brought on behalf of an unknown person who hasn't proved themselves to even exist yet (which is why it keeps being thrown out) and the person bringing the case is an ex member of the Jerry Springer show production team?

Defamation is a hilariously bad one because of having to prove damages and will likely be thrown out fast.

Fraud and breach of contract. Yet those are about the only two with any chance.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Oh and you can take your whataboutism and shove it up your whatabbutism you hypocrite. You brought Kyle into this as a whataboutism now you're crying about how I'm doing a whatabout ism by brining up part of the events that are being discussed and have just recently happened.
Literally your first post in this thread.

Guess they should a have just tried to burn down portland's courthouse instead. They'd have been cheered as heros then right? That's how it works right?

Reactions: MrCalavera

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I saw a tweet blaming it on liberals and leftists pushing things like #notmypresident for driving conservatives to this. The old version of this site had people say that the cause of the Charlottesville nazi marches was the left calling people nazis. They claim to be the party of personal responsibility but also everything wrong in their life is because of immigrants, gay marriage and being expected to use people's preferred pronouns. They're a bunch of hateful dipshits and they should not be engaged with like their actually their for a good faith debate. Fuck fascists, don't engage.
I'm sorry did you miss the likes of Moviebob calling the return of eugenics to use against republicans before?
Again you're witnessing people who don't feel like they're being heard or represented now. You should be thanking your lucky stars it was an ineffectual fool like Trump who capitalised on them and not some actually competent threat.

It seems to me the left is less and less the party of liberty these days.

Yes there are a bunch of hateful dipshits out there but a few of the things you listed have actual issues connected to them and far wider issue but are swept aside because actually addressing said issues and aspects could be seen as giving "the other side" a win.

Take Immigration. Sounds good right? People able to send money back home to families, opportunity etc. Then you realise it's opportunity for companies to exploit people and pay them less because hey you're easily replaced now. Opportunity to not train people and educate them because you can siphon off the skills from other countries where the training costs are less and people will work for les in your country which reduces opportunity in your own country.

No some people think they see the whole issue when in reality they don't and this can be a huge advantage to those who wish to exploit situations

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
So you have no evidence, okay.
Clearly until a complete audit and investigation of the mob and their actions leads to clear evidence there was no terrorist or anti democratic motivations what you say holds no value. Guilty until proven otherwise, that has been your moto during the whole "voter fraud" nonsense, no?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
He has some of the best (and/or most corrupt, depending on your point of view) lawyers money can buy. I'd be very surprised if he ever sees the inside of a jail cell.
At present he's partisan.
If he leaves office and Trump TV doesn't become a thing within weeks then he'll fade back into the shady world of people backing politicians etc from the shadows. Hell the way things are he'll probably be helping Mitt Romney run for 2024. A lot of this seems like it's for show from both sides.

People weren't claiming all right wing people were nazis. That never happened. The republicans were accused of being fascist and fascist sympathisers because they never actually did anything to distance themselves from the fascists that voted for them. Then they doubled down by waving torches and chanting Jews will not replace us because they're fucking bigots and it didn't take much to bring that to the surface. Fuck fascists, fuck their sympathisers. The fascist fucks here can play their semantic games, blow their dog whistles and couch their hatred in "the socratic method" all they want but nobody should act like there's a conversation worth having with them.
Except condemn them publicly multiple times but hey it's easy to forget the ~24 times that's happened in the past 4 years or so.

Hell remember the DC Lawmaker who made claims about Jewish people using weather control technology? Got swept under the rug pretty quick there.

I mean somewhat fucked up the threats to synagogues at one point were coming from a journalist who was doing to mostly to write stories about how Trump / Trump supporters were making threats against them.

If you don't want a conversation subscribe to a load of blocklists and go on twitter or just go to some closed off reddit community. This is supposed to be a fourm for discussion not just a place to throw round the latest narrative with no evidence.

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
Houseman, can you tell us how you're not a fascist when you're literally posting comics from Stonetoss, a widely known holocaust denier, white supremacist, homophobe and antisemite? NONONONONO, stop right there! You don't get to ask us to tell how you are, it's on you to tell us how you're not one.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
no, none of them were openly carrying firearms.

Again that kind of cuts the legs out of "oh it was such a violent and dangerous act when they tried take over our democracy!" narrative.
Especially when all they did was goofy stuff like take a lectern and pose for photos while wearing Viking costumes. Y'know, regular "terrorist" things.
Especially when the only person killed was an unarmed woman by a security guard.

Does anyone have any evidence as to the motivations and end goals of the mob? What did you expect that they would do, exactly? Force all the members of house and senate to vote how they wanted them to vote? Drag them out of the building and hang them? Did they just want a front-row seat? Did they just want to express their displeasure? You don't know.

So trying to paint the narrative that this was some terrorist, seditious, stealing-the-government, coup, worst-thing-ever, is just that, a narrative.

"Police needed hours to drive them out, and the toll was substantial. According to police, four people died, including one woman shot dead by Capitol Police, and three who died on the Capitol grounds from unspecified "medical emergencies." More than 50 people were arrested, at least a dozen police were injured, and officers confiscated guns, pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails"

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Feel free to point them out in either of the videos.
Also, note the date on the tweets.
I remember back in 2016 I had a conservative trumpist friend who during election day kept linking me "proof" that the election was being stolen by Hillary. The main video I remember was someone allegedly pressing the 'trump button' on a touch screen and it not checking his box. But, this was a lie and I know it was a lie because I recognized the voting machine the person was using, it wasn't a touch screen, it used a scroll wheel thing, touching the screen wouldn't do shit. This is also bullshit because all polling stations have monitors from both political parties that will also answer questions you have about any problems.

I know it's your thread dude but at this point why bother.
Because I'm dumb and have a hard time accepting that someone is immune to logic despite evidence to the contrary.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
We used to have that, it was called the fairness doctrine and was removed in the 80s by Reagan since conservatives thought it was stifling their free speech, ironic that they want it back now that they think social media is stifling their free speech. Also, you guys aren't as protected from false information as you seem to think, look at brexit.
Well Brexit had false claims on both sides being thrown round. It's just one side kept pushing it in speeches etc and the other painted it on the side of a bus.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Houseman, can you tell us how you're not a fascist when you're literally posting comics from Stonetoss, a widely known holocaust denier, white supremacist, homophobe and antisemite?
Because I have the ability to separate the art from the artist.
This seems to be a very rare skill, especially seeing as so many people on these forums prefer attacking the person instead of the argument.

"Police needed hours to drive them out, and the toll was substantial. According to police, four people died, including one woman shot dead by Capitol Police, and three who died on the Capitol grounds from unspecified "medical emergencies." More than 50 people were arrested, at least a dozen police were injured, and officers confiscated guns, pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails"
Notice that doesn't contradict anything I said.

Also, notice the lack of detail. There was a pipe bomb at the RNC building, and we don't know how three out of four of those people died, but this article wants to lump them all together as being caused by one event.

I remember back in 2016 I had a conservative trumpist friend who during election day kept linking me "proof" that the election was being stolen by Hillary. The main video I remember was someone allegedly pressing the 'trump button' on a touch screen and it not checking his box. But, this was a lie and I know it was a lie because I recognized the voting machine the person was using, it wasn't a touch screen, it used a scroll wheel thing, touching the screen wouldn't do shit. This is also bullshit because all polling stations have monitors from both political parties that will also answer questions you have about any problems.
That has no relation to what we were talking about.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Because I have the ability to separate the art from the artist.
This seems to be a very rare skill, especially seeing as so many people on these forums prefer attacking the person instead of the argument.

Notice that doesn't contradict anything I said.

That has no relation to what we were talking about.
You literally said they didn't have guns.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It was never about honesty, standards or mutual respect. All of those fuzzy buzzwords are solely weaponised in an attempt to quieten those who dare criticise the system these husks mould and thrive parasitically in. It's all about winning at any cost, by coasting on the double standard allowed by the hopeful and the naive of us giving them the benefit of the doubt. They've now lost that benefit more than ever by this incredibly revealing (on multiple levels) show of force and sickening white privilege lately. Even the most naive of us which they refer to in one sneering stroke as "the left" should have the fog well and truly swept away, without a doubt. I implore all to take keen note of everything happening, this has always been the MO, do not allow them any moment to try pushing it all under the rug again just so they can coast these blatant double standards further, no one should forget this.
The favour shall be returned 20 fold though if that is the game people wish to play.

So about that AOC hoody for the Green New deal that used Plastic fibre?
How about the multiple attacks on Trump supporter that happened in the past like the guy who drove his truck through a Trump campaign tent?
The calls from certain democrat supporters to bring back eugenics?

Status
Not open for further replies.