Impeachment 2, the reckoning revenge redemption.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Looks like one cop got rioters to chase him by pushing one of them and running away from Senate chambers to protect the senators.
Can't wait for the usual suspects to say he was secretly a BLM supporter sent there to try to rile up the mob to become violent so they can frame Trump.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Continuing the LBJ talk, you really shouldn’t separate his domestic policy from his foreign policy like people do. His maneuvers very cleanly followed the logic of the New Deal Dems of the time, or at least the logic FDR sold to them, which was that in order to curtail civil unrest there needed to be sweeping legislation to address the issues that caused it while simultaneously working to undermine the leadership of those movements. LBJ killed, jailed, or alienated every black civil rights leader he knew the name of. He famously invited a civil rights leader he had been attacking to a convention in order to have the optics of addressing civil unrest, then forced them to read a speech that included apologizing to him for lying about the attacks.

He should be remembered as a president who worked his entire presidency to kneecap the civil rights movement. Would Goldwater have been better? Fuck no. Was the next president, Nixon, better? Fuck no. Was Kennedy better? Unlikely. Presidents suck ass.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Can't wait for the usual suspects to say he was secretly a BLM supporter sent there to try to rile up the mob to become violent so they can frame Trump.
They already tried to do that, to say it was antifa and BLM, we even had houseman already link something about some BLM guy being caught there too.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
They already tried to do that, to say it was antifa and BLM, we even had houseman already link something about some BLM guy being caught there too.
Yes, Houseman linked Rudy Giuliani talking about that where he sourced Nick “I’m only friends with the Nazi femboy who lives with me I swear” Fuentes.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Yes, Houseman linked Rudy Giuliani talking about that where he sourced Nick “I’m only friends with the Nazi femboy who lives with me I swear” Fuentes.
Yeah...Yeah that sounds about right.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well when this fails (because seriously people it's about 2 weeks before he leaves office it won't get through in time and would be fool hardy to allow to go through) it's going to be more interesting seeing the 4 years of attempting to erase Trump entirely from history books and just replace him with 45 the Unknown man

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well when this fails (because seriously people it's about 2 weeks before he leaves office it won't get through in time and would be fool hardy to allow to go through) it's going to be more interesting seeing the 4 years of attempting to erase Trump entirely from history books and just replace him with 45 the Unknown man
Oh, I hope not. I want history to forever remember Trump as the man who nearly destroyed our country for the sake of his ego.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
A guy. As I said elsewhere, I know of like six leftists that were there to document it, some of whom have similar history to this guy. Why are we focusing on a Utah based black dude and not Molly Conger who was a few dozen miles from home and has a similar history of arranging protests and did the exact same shit including tweeting what was going on while she was there? Because he’s black.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Funny story. You can actually impeach him after he's left office. Impeachment isn't just removal from office, its a removal of all the things the office grants. If they impeach Trump after he leaves office it removes his $200k pension, his $1 million a year travel allowance as a US politician, his secret service detail, any diplomatic immunity he may have, and prevents him from seeking elected federal office ever again.
So fuck it, do it after he's gone.

Reactions: Kwak

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Funny story. You can actually impeach him after he's left office. Impeachment isn't just removal from office, its a removal of all the things the office grants. If they impeach Trump after he leaves office it removes his $200k pension, his $1 million a year travel allowance as a US politician, his secret service detail, any diplomatic immunity he may have, and prevents him from seeking elected federal office ever again.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Still don't think it's a good idea.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
As for the rest, that you refuse to recognise LBJ genuinely believed in doing good seems merely like sour grapes on your part.
You're not acknowledging the part about the Kerner Report. The report that told Johnson the key issues causing racial disparities, that he condemned because he thought it made him look bad. Then, instead of working of getting people jobs and stopping the police from beating them, he built the projects. I'm sure you're aware that the projects are not a standing legacy of doing good for minority communities. Where's lil devils to back me up, sticking communities in cheap holes isn't a step towards racial equality.
While He did believe in civil rights, Goldwater didn't think that the federal government should be involved in it. He thought it should be left to the states.
In the process, he kicked out of the way a wishy-washy dweeb who thought the equal rights of millions of his abused countrymen came second to the protecting the power of their abusers.
It's not even that. Goldwater was certainly for federal involvement in civil rights, he voted for every civil rights act before the one in 1964. His position was not that issues of race shouldn't be acknowledge, it was that bills were being proposed that were entering spaces the federal government had no precedent being in. That these bills were inspired by racial issues wasn't the problem he saw.
I like that the article you linked literally contradicts your statement here.
You may not know this, because I honestly don't clash with you all that often, but when possible I deliberately pick sources that disagree with me on matters of opinion because it makes the agreed upon facts that much stronger. The source had the quotes from Johnson for your satisfaction, and it's better if it isn't coming from a right-wing opinion site where they'll say what I am and be just as doubted.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You may not know this, because I honestly don't clash with you all that often, but when possible I deliberately pick sources that disagree with me on matters of opinion because it makes the agreed upon facts that much stronger. The source had the quotes from Johnson for your satisfaction, and it's better if it isn't coming from a right-wing opinion site where they'll say what I am and be just as doubted.
Yes and your source clearly states the quote, but it contradicts your second point about it being just to take the black vote and it working. Not to mention that if LBJ was as narcissistic as trump, then he wouldn't have decided not to run again. This wasn't he couldn't run or lost the nomination, this was him deciding he couldn't be president and also do what needed to be done in Vietnam to resolve it.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
To clarify, Nick “too Nazi for Turning Point” Fuentes isn’t trying to distance himself from rumors he’s a Nazi there, but from rumors he’s gay.
A fun 3 hour debate with Nick being a slippery pos.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
His secret service bodyguards? I'm thinking he might really miss those after the stunts he's pulled against his own trigger happy deplorables.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
His secret service bodyguards? I'm thinking he might really miss those after the stunts he's pulled against his own trigger happy deplorables.
Oh yeah. Conviction in an impeachment trial returns Trump, or any other, to a civilian status. As far as the Government is currently concerned you were never President. But it does not undo any laws or appointments he's made though.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Soo...if Trump ends up in prison, over the many possible cases that various states may have against him once he leaves office, but he has secret service detail would the secret service have to protect him in prison?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Soo...if Trump ends up in prison, over the many possible cases that various states may have against him once he leaves office, but he has secret service detail would the secret service have to protect him in prison?
I'm no a constitutional scholar, but I don't think any former president has ever been in jail, so I assume new law would be made, including time spent in a brand new facility, and SS details as available. But the idea of a presidential prison really strikes ill for tax payers, so most likely in house arrest