I'm totally going to play this again... someday.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So like me, I'll bet you guys have a number of games on your 'I'm totally going to play this again', list. What are some of those games and why haven't you played them yet.

The main one that is on my list is Undertale. I've been meaning to play through it again for a few years now, I just haven't gotten around to it yet since a lot of games come out and I feel like I remember it too well still. But I really want to replay it so I feel like I can watch some of thoes lets plays of it that came out years ago.

Crosscode is another I really want to replay but its best played with a controller and I can only do so much of that before my thumb starts messing with me, growing up sucks. Plus its pretty long.

Freedom Planet. I enjoyed the hell out of this but I am eagerly awaiting the sequel and worried that replaying the first game too close to the second (which still doesn't have a release date) would burn me out on the game type, plus see the controller thing above.

Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2. I really enjoyed these both but... I don't really know why I haven't replayed these yet, probably just cause they are kinda long and just been distracted.

Quantum Break, I really like all of Remedy's games, but this is yet another where I'm just not sure why I haven't replayed it.

MO: Astray, another really cool one but just had other games to play and controller.

Those are just some of the like 70 games on my replay list.

Reactions: gorfias

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I bought The Witcher 3 on PS5 to replay, but obviously I haven't been able to get to it because fucking Yakuza has consumed my life as of late. I'm on the 4th game in a row and am still digging it. Though so far i will admit i think 3 is the worse game in the series.

I also want to replay FF7Remake againagain, but there are rumors of a PS5 update at the end of Febuary so I'm holding off for that.

I plan to replay Nioh 2 on PC on Feb 5th, so long as nothing else comes out that gets in my way.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I bought The Witcher 3 on PS5 to replay, but obviously I haven't been able to get to it because fucking Yakuza has consumed my life as of late. I'm on the 4th game in a row and am still digging it. Though so far i will admit i think 3 is the worse game in the series.

I also want to replay FF7Remake againagain, but there are rumors of a PS5 update at the end of Febuary so I'm holding off for that.
Oh yeah, the Witcher series, those have been on my to do list forever although they have kinda been downgraded to would be nice to finish but probably wont.

I heard something about the FF7 remake coming out on pc also.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Several of them. Currently of the ones still loaded on my desktop:

Styx: Master of Shadows

Seven: Days Long Gone

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

A Plauge Tale: Innocence (wow, lots of colon/subtitles in this list so far...huh)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Hong Kong

And then, the ONLY entry without a colon in it's title....Tyranny.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Far Cry 2 (Steam). Actually started it a few years ago, but other more immediate backlog items took precedence. The hardest difficulty made it feel really tactical and intense, which only added to then immersion factor.

MGS series (1-4, because V doesn’t lend itself well to traditional replay value as individual missions are already replayable). Started playing MGS2 again a few years ago with the Legacy Collection, but also MGS4 more recently. I played the hell out of it back in the day but had to download the digital edition since it was the last free PS3 PS+ game. Nice thing is the whole game is installed vs single chapters like the original. Really considering the platinum too, after a warmup playthrough for the solar gun.

It would be awesome if DualSense had full support on PS3 with rumble to play it with. Maybe it’s not needed. I think DS3 still had pressure sensitive buttons though too.

Last edited:

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I was half thinking of replaying Fallout 4. I played it on release, and kinda wanted to do a full DLC playthrough at some point. I also haven't done the Railroad/Brotherhood endings so that's something I could do. Except well, the Season Pass still costs more than the Complete Edition of the game(even during sales). That kinda peeved me and so I never bought the DLC. I also didn't want to rebuild all my settlements, even if they were little more than containers filled with sleeping bags and water/mutfruit plants for infinite adhesive/caps. I typically do a second run on Bethesda games with DLC and mods, but I don't think I can be arsed this time.

At some point in the past, before ME3 I thought I wanted to do a new ME character. Except I forgot just how trash the combat is in ME1, so needless to say I didn't finish ME1 for a second time.

I attempted a second Terraria run in light of its updates and the new difficulty setting. Except Master Mode is not fun at all, it's just intense stat disadvantage. I ended up aborting my Master Mode playthrough.

I have an aborted Wasteland 2 playthrough lying around. I also played WL2 early on in its life, so I thought I was due for another go when the Director's Cut was released. But I kinda got bored. The game really doesn't have that much choices with consequences things going for it, so not like there was that much to do with the second playthrough. I also didn't like their conductive weapons rework though I understand why they did it. They used to have a very specific range of targets(relative to their armour class) that they would completely obliterate but otherwise be completely useless. But now they are adequate against a range of targets, they still have an edge against heavy armour enemies but they didn't have the same peaks in performance they used to have.

I actually ended up replaying Prey 2017 pretty out of the blue, because my friend was playing it for the first time. I tried to keep up with him and it helped us to have something to talk about. And I kinda forgotten most of Prey(it was a good game but I don't think it was very memorable at the same time). But my friend ended up pulling a late night finishing the game before I could get close to finishing, so I ended up aborting that playthrough. I kinda re-remembered most of what Prey was about by then anyway, and I had enough fun playing with all the OP Psi powers. For my first playthrough a did a completely minimal psi playthrough so I wouldn't trigger turrets. In hindsight, not worth it.

I vaguely had plans to replay Ace Combat 7, but the story was so dumb I had trouble finding the motivation. I was going to give it a second go before I uninstalled it, maybe after buying the DLC missions. But I needed the HDD space and ended up getting rid of it. I think it's unlikely I will ever play it a second time, next time I get an Ace Combat itch - I'll just buy Project Wingman and play that instead.

I honestly have trouble starting games I've bought(or been gifted, typically leftovers from humble bundles) and finishing games I've started nowadays, so I don't think I'll be making any future plans to play games for a second time. I have been tempted to replay Yakuza 0 again because some streamers I follow recently played it.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I vaguely had plans to replay Ace Combat 7, but the story was so dumb I had trouble finding the motivation. I was going to give it a second go before I uninstalled it, maybe after buying the DLC missions. But I needed the HDD space and ended up getting rid of it. I think it's unlikely I will ever play it a second time, next time I get an Ace Combat itch - I'll just buy Project Wingman and play that instead.
Ohhhh man. Totally agree. I love the Ace Combat games but... wow, that story was just so dumb that it really killed my motivation. I mean Ace Combat has always had an issue with kinda dumb stories but that one really takes the cake. Project Wingman is awesome and plays just like Ace Combat.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Oh yeah, I do need to replay that, especially now that I have VR.

Reactions: Dalisclock

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Ohhhh man. Totally agree. I love the Ace Combat games but... wow, that story was just so dumb that it really killed my motivation. I mean Ace Combat has always had an issue with kinda dumb stories but that one really takes the cake. Project Wingman is awesome and plays just like Ace Combat.
I'm hardly looking for a literary masterpiece myself, but at least 4/5/0 had a decent build up to a climax and ended on a decently high note. AC7 didn't even manage that, it felt like they just forgot what they were doing and went all UH DRONES!! I would've been happier if Mihaly or Schroeder were just the moustache twirlingly evil sort and we just had to beat them.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Oh yeah, the Witcher series, those have been on my to do list forever although they have kinda been downgraded to would be nice to finish but probably wont.

I heard something about the FF7 remake coming out on pc also.
Dont bother playing any Witcher game other than 3. Because 1 and 2 aged like sour milk.

Yes FF7REMAKE should be coming to pc and probably xbox x when the next gen update would be released. Which will be grsat for people who dont have a playstation 4 somehow.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm hardly looking for a literary masterpiece myself, but at least 4/5/0 had a decent build up to a climax and ended on a decently high note. AC7 didn't even manage that, it felt like they just forgot what they were doing and went all UH DRONES!! I would've been happier if Mihaly or Schroeder were just the moustache twirlingly evil sort and we just had to beat them.
Its the whole convict airforce thing that killed it for me. It can make a certain amount of sense to have a convict squad of guys if you are losing the war in manpower but flying not only takes a lot of skill but they are handing you something with a lot of destructive potential. I even enjoyed Assualt Horizon and was able to overlook that dumb story but... blegh.

Dont bother playing any Witcher game other than 3. Because 1 and 2 aged like sour milk.
In Witcher 1 I managed to get mostly through the second area before I got so caught up in trying to do every single side quest that it just killed the game momentum for me and I went to play other things. With Witcher 2 my pc wasn't really up to snuff to play it on the settings I wanted so I held off till I got a new graphics card, then when I did I just never went back. With Witcher 3 I think I got mostly annoyed at all the possible choices and vacillating way too much over some of them that I was happy to play something else.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Its the whole convict airforce thing that killed it for me. It can make a certain amount of sense to have a convict squad of guys if you are losing the war in manpower but flying not only takes a lot of skill but they are handing you something with a lot of destructive potential. I even enjoyed Assualt Horizon and was able to overlook that dumb story but... blegh.
For whatever reason I was kinda fine with the penal squadron. Probably too much exposure to anime or 40k. If you can get used to Penitent Engines, you can get used to anything. It definitely is a pretty dumb idea if you think about it.

What I didn't like is just about everyone sings your praises, even before you accomplished much at all. I kinda wish they just stuck to one squad though. The time divided between Mages, Spare and the LRSSG just meant more pointless characters that you never really got attached to. And the guy they chose to stick you with when you left the penal squad was the most obnoxious one.

I was particularly infuriated by everyone going on about "JUST BELIEVE IN TRIGGER" and shit like "WE'D JUST GET IN HIS WAY" while I had to fucking solo fight the Arsebird and its infinite drones and missile spam. Holy shit guys, help out or shuttup.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
For whatever reason I was kinda fine with the penal squadron. Probably too much exposure to anime or 40k. If you can get used to Penitent Engines, you can get used to anything. It definitely is a pretty dumb idea if you think about it.

What I didn't like is just about everyone sings your praises, even before you accomplished much at all. I kinda wish they just stuck to one squad though. The time divided between Mages, Spare and the LRSSG just meant more pointless characters that you never really got attached to. And the guy they chose to stick you with when you left the penal squad was the most obnoxious one.

I was particularly infuriated by everyone going on about "JUST BELIEVE IN TRIGGER" and shit like "WE'D JUST GET IN HIS WAY" while I had to fucking solo fight the Arsebird and its infinite drones and missile spam. Holy shit guys, help out or shuttup.
I mean, Penal units do exist. They're just normally convicts shoved onto the front lines to act as cannon fodder and either draw enemy fire during an attack or (hopefully) slow down an enemy advance. That being said, they're not given muti-million dollar fighter aircraft IRL(because giving convicts a working, armed aircraft is normally a bad idea), but rather firearms and in the case of the Soviet Union(who occasionally would employ them) there would be another group of soldiers behind them whose main job would be to shoot them if they either failed to advance or tried to flee(Called barrier troops, blocking units or anti-retreat units). Though in the case of the Red Army during WW2, apparently they were used to also keep the regular conscripts from trying to retreat.

But yeah, I felt like AC7 had 5 or so plots and instead of picking like 1 or 2, they just decided to do ALL of them and stuck them together one after another, while also throwing in a bunch of references to earlier games(Stonehedge, the battle of Farbanti, etc). Hell, the whole thing about Drones that decide to keep fighting the war forever could have been an interesting 2nd half/third of the game.....not the last fucking 2 missions where it barely has time to register. The Penal Squadron could have been interesting if they'd stuck you in a junker plane(AC5 doesn't let you out of the starter plane for the first 5 missions or so) and let the arc play out longer. Instead, the Penal thing just kind of comes and goes without meaning much overall.

And they do kind poke at the weird cult-like following Trigger develops in the DLC missions(comparing it to the Crazy Capt Nemo villian) but since the DLC is a side campaign that doesn't really connect with the main one(which I guess makes it consistent with the game overall in it's bouncing between plots) it doesn't matter at all.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'm definitely probably going to play Vanquish again.

I bought the PC version because I want to play it at a locked 60fps, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Man, the PS3 version of that game has some pretty rough framerate issues, which is extra noticable because of how incredibly fast the game is.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

I'm not sure I got far enough to get out of the penal squad, but I do remember the line about "believe in Trigger." That was so stupid and it is really annoying when a game tries to suck your dick without you earning it. Ace Combat Shattered Skies did it so well, you only really really got recognition at almost one of the last missions when you were providing air support for a landing and the ground troops were wondering if that was you up there and such.

I'm definitely probably going to play Vanquish again.

I bought the PC version because I want to play it at a locked 60fps, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Man, the PS3 version of that game has some pretty rough framerate issues, which is extra noticable because of how incredibly fast the game is.
You should totally play it, it plays fantastic on pc and its actually pretty short so its not like you have to dedicate a lot of gaming hours to the main campaign.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Personally I don't think W3 is very good either. I didn't play 1/2, because when I tried them long ago, they had terrible mechanics, a cliche protagonist, and ridiculous amounts of gratuitous fan service like it was written by a 16 horny teen. So going into W3, I had zero context for pretty much anything going on, other than "oh, this is yet another incredibly hot mage woman that Growly McGrowlface apparently fucked back in a previous game, and is prowling around looking for more mutant D. I'm sensing a pattern here." Story was lame and forgettable, the missions all boiled down to "hey! you dirty fucking witcher scum!! help us and I'll reluctantly pay you! but I'll also scorn you for accepting pay! Now get out of here, you fucking MUTANT SCUMMMMM!"

I dunno, frankly don't see why everyone pops their respective gender boners for this series. It left like zero impression on me, other than the direct correlation between how sexually rendered, and scantily clad a female was, and how much significance she had to the current quest.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why? That was the franchise killer. Burnout Revenge is the much better installment to replay.
Revenge is the better game, but Paradise is not as bad as people make it out to be. It sucks that you can't traffic check anymore, the game is still good and fun. it's been a minute since I played both of them, but I've already recompleted most of Revenge. I did a playthrough on my 360 as I originally had the game on PS2. I bought the remastered edition of paradise a few months back, but I've only barely started it. I'm only like 15% in. Paradise was less a franchise killer and more of EA didn't know what to do with it and got super focused on Need for Speed. Them constantly laying off good talent was not helping.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Revenge is the better game, but Paradise is not as bad as people make it out to be. It sucks that you can't traffic check anymore, the game is still good and fun. it's been a minute since I played both of them, but I've already recompleted most of Revenge. I did a playthrough on my 360 as I originally had the game on PS2. I bought the remastered edition of paradise a few months back, but I've only barely started it. I'm only like 15% in. Paradise was less a franchise killer and more of EA didn't know what to do with it and got super focused on Need for Speed. Them constantly laying off good talent was not helping.
The traffic checks (didn't know that's what they were called,) the removal of the spectacular explosions and just a general lack of cohesion in a nonsensical, open-world racing game made Paradise the franchise killer for me. They tried to do too much by changing too much; it's like they had no idea why the franchise was successful, and just threw a bunch of stuff at the wall and ran with whatever stuck without ever nodding towards why fans were fans in the first place.

Burnout was essentially an elaborate puzzle game, learning specific courses until you mastered each. Going open-world in Paradise changed literally everything. I became a fan of Yahztee because of his review of Paradise; he nailed everything that made the game so awful and such a slight in the eyes of fans. How can I focus on racing when I'm watching the mini-map and not the road?? I never got as far as 15% in Paradise because I was so disappointed in it whereas I'm sitting at about 98% in Revenge since the late 2000's; I've got ONE race I can't manage to 3-star and I'm too far removed to try and finish the game off, but I had a blast getting that far.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2. I really enjoyed these both but... I don't really know why I haven't replayed these yet, probably just cause they are kinda long and just been distracted.
I think the grimrock have really low replay value, once you know where the secret are there's not that much more interesting stuff in the game.

For AC7, yeah the story isn't very good but I still find it better than 6 so I'm not complaining too much. I wish they'd port 4,5,0 to PC though, can't access my PS2 atm so I can't replay those. Oh and I wouldn't say no to a full translation of 3, want me some of those future plane.

Every few year I think about playing trough the xenosaga franchise, I beat 1, get to 2 and go "Oh yeah this game isn't very good" and then stop so I never play 3. I must have finished 1 over 10 time but 3 only once.

There's this game called ring of red on PS2 that's actually this pretty cool mech tactics game with an interesting combat system, the problem is combat take freaking forever, like 5 minutes to attack another enemy. So I always drop it after awhile but I wanna finish it once cause its pretty good.