Shower Thoughts MK2

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Bob Odenkirk would make a great Mike Lindell (MyPillow guy) in the 2020 election conspiracy movie.

All he needs is a mustache.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Literally a shower thought.

Which Hunter would have had the biggest advantage if they were transplanted in each other world?

A Monster Hunter, or a Bloodborne Hunter?

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Shouldn't the multiverse theory support the existence of a universe that doesn't have a multiverse?:unsure:
Infinity isn't infinite. There's an infinity of numbers contained between 1 and 2. There's also an infinite amount of numbers that aren't contained between 1 and 2.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Literally a shower thought.

Which Hunter would have had the biggest advantage if they were transplanted in each other world?

A Monster Hunter, or a Bloodborne Hunter?
Hm, at first I assumed the BB hunters would do worse without access to their delicious blood vials. But then again, can monster hunters cope with a reality that doesn't quit every 50 minutes? Would the strenuous nature of extended exposure to entropy - both natural and lovecraftian - be too much for their consciousness? Would they fall quickest to the madness of the old ones?

Reactions: BrawlMan

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Hm, at first I assumed the BB hunters would do worse without access to their delicious blood vials. But then again, can monster hunters cope with a reality that doesn't quit every 50 minutes? Would the strenuous nature of extended exposure to entropy - both natural and lovecraftian - be too much for their consciousness? Would they fall quickest to the madness of the old ones?
Now we're thinking with Portals!

Here's the issue. We need to pin down the insanity affects of Lovecraftian Beings. As one reddit poster put it, is it an Aura that affects minds a la a Marker From Dead Space? Is it a mental processing disorder of seeing things that supposedly break the laws of reality? Or is it just "Oh. Beings outside the norm of what I consider Reality to be exists"?

Because just Yharnam and hell, even the very hunters themselves can not suffer the affects for so long before descending in their own madness.

For the comparison, I think Monster Hunters need to be as immune to the Lovecraftian Fuckery* as a BB Hunter.

*My new Band Name. Who's in? I call Keytar/Harmonica Combo!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If Rambo Rocky ever trained the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when they were kids; they'd be boxers instead of ninjas.

Last edited:
Reactions: happyninja42

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Infinity isn't infinite. There's an infinity of numbers contained between 1 and 2. There's also an infinite amount of numbers that aren't contained between 1 and 2.
Infinity IS infinite; how we choose you represent segments of it is subjective if widely accepted, i.e.: I can have 1 pie or 2 pies, and most would agree, but "technically," a grain of flour is 0.00002% of A pie, but few would ever think along the latter's terms despite it's technical validity.

I like to entertain the thought of a multiverse in that in this universe I spelled "multiverse" in this post correctly on my first go; in another, the only difference is that I transposed the "t" and "i," all else past, present and future is identical. Gives me a greater appreciation of the idea, how incredibly vast literal "infinite possibilities" really is.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
....they do all wear headbands
Darn it, I meant to say Rocky! If Rambo did train them, they would be less ninja and more Green Beret, guerilla commandos. Military hand to hand combat, specializing in knives, and combat sticks. Raph would be more warrior scream happy like Rambo as they share a burning, raging, fire and passion.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I've noticed a funny trend in parents of certain age groups. They will simultaneously claim they want to make life easier for their children "So they don't have to struggle like I did." and then also ***** that their kids "Don't know how good they have it. You never had to struggle for anything!"

Well, yeah?! I mean wasn't that the whole fucking objective for you?! Mission accomplished asshole, don't give them shit now for enjoying the non-struggling life you provided, when that's specifically what you wanted to do!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I've noticed a funny trend in parents of certain age groups. They will simultaneously claim they want to make life easier for their children "So they don't have to struggle like I did." and then also ***** that their kids "Don't know how good they have it. You never had to struggle for anything!"

Well, yeah?! I mean wasn't that the whole fucking objective for you?! Mission accomplished asshole, don't give them shit now for enjoying the non-struggling life you provided, when that's specifically what you wanted to do!
As the boyfriend of a 16-year-old's mother, I can attest that it's more about gratitude. They want to make it easy on their children, but they also want acknowledgement of that fact from said children. This kid has 3 meals a day prepared for him plus intermittent snacks, and if he ever said "thank you," his mom would probably go into shock. Then he'll turn around and act like he's starving at 10pm and get pissy when we itemize everything he's had to eat already. Then he gets mad that we're mad that he's ungrateful! Seriously, fuck children; they need to shut the fuck up until they're at least 30. (And if anyone from the government is monitoring web active for key phrases, my use of the phrase "fuck children" was NOT in the crass sense of sexual intercourse.)

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
As the boyfriend of a 16-year-old's mother, I can attest that it's more about gratitude. They want to make it easy on their children, but they also want acknowledgement of that fact from said children. This kid has 3 meals a day prepared for him plus intermittent snacks, and if he ever said "thank you," his mom would probably go into shock. Then he'll turn around and act like he's starving at 10pm and get pissy when we itemize everything he's had to eat already. Then he gets mad that we're mad that he's ungrateful! Seriously, fuck children; they need to shut the fuck up until they're at least 30. (And if anyone from the government is monitoring web active for key phrases, my use of the phrase "fuck children" was NOT in the crass sense of sexual intercourse.)
the thing is the kid doesn't KNOW that. Because of said goal of "not knowing struggle." So they have no frame of reference. Now sure, basic manners is one thing, but that's not the context I usually hear this in, when I hear coworkers and the like complain. Besides that kind of behavior isn't unique to children with no strife. That's just "being a teenager" and before you say "I wasn't like that" yes....yes you were. you KNOW you were, and so do we, because we were just as bad :p

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
So, one time, I was 16, I was going up the stairs and I saw my dad. And I didn't say a greetings to him.

Cue to me being chewed out for five minutes about being respectful.

Now, I'm naturally respectful and I think it's good to be kind to others. But I was born in a household that I was damn sure going to pay deference to my parents. When I was six, I asked if I could have some of my mom's diet pepsi. She said sure, and I said "I'm just going to take a little bitty sip", I guess trying to be cute. He lays into me, saying that I need to learn my place and how dare I talk to my mother that way.

I was shocked and surprised. My Mother looked at my dad, also shocked, and asked what was wrong with what I said. My dad thought I said I was going to leave her an itty bitty sip. She said that's not what I said, actually the opposite. My dad looked at me and asked if this was true. And I vigorously nodded my head, albeit silent. And he said "Oh." and moved on in a second.

I wouldn't have survived to this day if I acted like your girlfriend's son, is what I'm saying.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So, one time, I was 16, I was going up the stairs and I saw my dad. And I didn't say a greetings to him.

Cue to me being chewed out for five minutes about being respectful.

Now, I'm naturally respectful and I think it's good to be kind to others. But I was born in a household that I was damn sure going to pay deference to my parents. When I was six, I asked if I could have some of my mom's diet pepsi. She said sure, and I said "I'm just going to take a little bitty sip", I guess trying to be cute. He lays into me, saying that I need to learn my place and how dare I talk to my mother that way.

I was shocked and surprised. My Mother looked at my dad, also shocked, and asked what was wrong with what I said. My dad thought I said I was going to leave her an itty bitty sip. She said that's not what I said, actually the opposite. My dad looked at me and asked if this was true. And I vigorously nodded my head, albeit silent. And he said "Oh." and moved on in a second.

I wouldn't have survived to this day if I acted like your girlfriend's son, is what I'm saying.
Classic overreaction from a respect mad parent. I bet he didn't say sorry for overreacting to your comment to SOMEONE ELSE in the house did he?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Classic overreaction from a respect mad parent. I bet he didn't say sorry for overreacting to your comment to SOMEONE ELSE in the house did he?
I actually don't remember. I was so confused about what happened that I tried not to say a word for the remainder of the night because I didn't know what else was going to go wrong.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I actually don't remember. I was so confused about what happened that I tried not to say a word for the remainder of the night because I didn't know what else was going to go wrong.
Yeah, my dad was different. If I did something that set him off, it would be several HOURS of him yelling at me, bringing up every flaw and slight I ever did since the dawn of time. I just learned to disconnect from him when he was like that. It didn't matter what I said or did, nothing would make the situation better.

Granted, he never snapped over minor things like *gasp* walking past him, but he would overreact a lot about really dumb shit. Sometimes I had legitimately done something dumb, I mean I was a teenager, of course I fucked up sometimes. But his reaction to it would be waaaay over the top.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
That's just "being a teenager" and before you say "I wasn't like that" yes....yes you were. you KNOW you were, and so do we, because we were just as bad
I absolutely, unequivocally was NOT like that, though I understand the sentiment to be not unlike the "terrible twos," that "everyone goes through that phase;" I did not. Direct quote from my father to me: "You were an easy kid." I never verbally or physically challenged him or my mother nor would the idea of either seem conscionable in ANY scenario outside of one of them fighting the other which they never have (at least not in front of me.) I was a quiet teen, deferring to playing my piano/keyboard and video games. I never went through the rebellious, ruggedly independent phase because it was never necessary; my parents respected me and I respected them in turn. I learned "please," "thank you," "yes, ma'am" and "no, sir" early enough that it sounds entirely abnormal to to hear anything other from a kid to an adult to this day. This kid hears his name called, and responds with "what?" and it turns my stomach EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I wasn't raised to know "struggle;" I was raised to respect my elders and to acknowledge that my parents did basically everything for me for the first third of my life, and simple asks on their part were my responsibilities until adulthood. THIS kid? He's going to live at home into his 30s, and when he comes of age, I'm beating his fucking ass like the grown man he thinks he is. I'll even let his dad watch.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
You ever had a S/O with terrible taste in movies?

Did you stop and think "What does that mean for me if they like me so much"?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You ever had a S/O with terrible taste in movies?

Did you stop and think "What does that mean for me if they like me so much"?
Not really, no, there's things that make me wonder why she's into me, but her taste in movies ain't one. Then again, she does really like those Disney live action remakes ...