We need to talk about feet.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I guess, I don't really think I'm being childish by not liking sex, I don't know how people normally feel about sex as I've never been interested in it, but if I could hazard a guess however people feel about the people they aren't attracted to is how I feel about everyone, that's probably a better explanation, except I also just don't like sex in general.
I didn't say you were being childish, YOU were the one that made the comparison to a kid's mentality on the subject. I personally disagree with that comparison anyway, given my own personal awareness of my own sexual tastes as a very young kid. I'm not a neuroscientist so I can only speculate, but I would just say that your brain, when it was growing and laying down wirework, didn't wire into the sex/pleasure centers of the brain in some way. It's not a problem, though given your other comments about your struggles with solipsism and disassociation disorder, it might be related in some way? *shrugs* CT scan and MRI's probably would be enlightening in that regard. Regardless, it doesn't matter on a social level, if a single person isn't into boinking, so it's ultimately irrelevant.

Sounds like you might be an ACE. And a rather hardcore one at that.

Hardcore ACE isn't a term I had heard before, but yes I do consider myself to be asexual, if you want the terminology that we use in the community it's Sex repulsed Aromantic Asexual, I just didn't mention it because I know some people here really hate people mentioning queer stuff, so I felt it was better to just explain it, I guess.
I also don't really want to get into the debate of if asexuality is queer at all, it's a waste of time.
I'm not really sure what happened with this bit of your post? You quoted me, and then apparently someone else, and then started saying 'I don't want to debate if being ACE is queer, considering I said nothing of the sort in my post you quoted? So...yeah I have no idea what this response is about. It feels like you quoted me, but replied to someone else. The part you quoted was just me describing what you described as your physiological reaction to being picked up. It sounds a lot like what those of us who do have sexual desire, do experience in those first moments with a potential lover/partner. I mean I literally read what you said happens to you biologically when you get picked up, and it reminded me of how I would feel when I'd get close to someone for that first hint of a kiss, or intimate hug or whatever.

My only point is that it doesn't seem, at least on some level, to be any different than the rest of us, or at least my reaction anyway. So it's not that weird. Because when you and the OP talking about these things, you both constantly seem to try and qualify your comments, like you expect to be attacked from all sides. Like, as some of you have actually said, are "a freak." And, what you described, seems pretty standard, you just don't move beyond that point or whatever.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hardcore ACE isn't a term I had heard before, but yes I do consider myself to be asexual, if you want the terminology that we use in the community it's Sex repulsed Aromantic Asexual, I just didn't mention it because I know some people here really hate people mentioning queer stuff, so I felt it was better to just explain it, I guess.
I also don't really want to get into the debate of if asexuality is queer at all, it's a waste of time.
I would just say hardcore since while being ace just means not having interest in sex, some of them are perfectly willing to have sex but they tend to get more out of the emotional connection and have no motivation for sex itself. Some people think being ace is queer? Fricken weird, reminds me of a coworker asking if since I was an atheist I worshipped the devil and I had to tell him that to worship the devil you have to be christian.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Fricken weird, reminds me of a coworker asking if since I was an atheist I worshipped the devil and I had to tell him that to worship the devil you have to be christian.
That's because most religious people only know about atheism, what they've been taught by their religious leaders and family, and have no actual fucking clue what it is. "If your not a christian, you work for the devil!" is about as much "thought" as they put into it.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Oh that I understand and I am not searching validation. I am simply trying to understand how a "normal" person would process barefoot people or being barefoot around them.
Again, can't help you with normal.

But since I've done martial arts most of my life, I've noticed feet when I see a good blade from a side kick. Or how flexed a foot is for a roundhouse.

Or, if it's the dead of winter, 0 degrees outside, and someone is walking with open toed shoes. I'm left wondering "...why?"

Other than that, I regard feet the same way I regard men. I'm aware of their presence, but they are not entering into my sexuality at all.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I mean I appreciate the sentiment but isn't that exactly what you're doing with that response?
No I said the exact opposite: that it is impossible to tell. There are too many factors that could contribute but we don't know whether they did. You might simply just be naturally ace. This is why I said people should not try to speculate.

In any case don't worry I take no offense to it, after all I volunteered all the information being discussed, so even if it's a rather personal topic I don't really mind,
Of course. I would never discuss something you did not openly volunteer. That would be a dick move.

I don't understand what hot is, I feel like if it was just trauma I'd be able to tell but just feel scared or disgusted by touch, but I'm not really scared of touch anymore, I just find it awkward and I have no idea if someone is hot.
Yes it is impossible to know but what matters here is that your experience is valid and everyone here I hope accepts you for what you are.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Feet, huh? They're the best when submerged in water and not sweaty. Feet can be sexy when they're out of their regular context of being in socks and shoes or bare but only for showering. Myself I've got the worst of both worlds as my feet are cold but still sweaty. I like to look at people's feet but that's just to check how fucked up their ankles are and if they're wearing avocado socks. The OP's foot-awareness is pretty funny and I can relate but only on a general level as the sexually frustrated loner I am.

My armchair neuro-psychiatry take on it.
Indeed. Though to be fair, if one were to start evaluating another's "sexual repulsion and aromanticism" you wouldn't go wrong looking at the physiological response first. Generally you'd first want to know if it's simply hypogonadism of some kind.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I'm not a neuroscientist so I can only speculate, but I would just say that your brain, when it was growing and laying down wirework, didn't wire into the sex/pleasure centers of the brain in some way. It's not a problem, though given your other comments about your struggles with solipsism and disassociation disorder, it might be related in some way? *shrugs* CT scan and MRI's probably would be enlightening in that regard. Regardless, it doesn't matter on a social level, if a single person isn't into boinking, so it's ultimately irrelevant.
Can we please stop speculating on brain stuff and disorders? None of us are neuroscientists or psychiatrists but I did do some neuroscience in my medical engineering degree and what you're saying isn't accurate. Speculating on a person's brain wiring and their sexuality or their disorders is unhelpful. But I do agree with you that it really doesn't matter if someone is not into boinking.

Because when you and the OP talking about these things, you both constantly seem to try and qualify your comments, like you expect to be attacked from all sides.
What? I never defended any of my comments (unless you count this one)? Almost everyone misunderstood my posts so I wanted to get rid of the misunderstanding. Maybe it's my English.

Again, can't help you with normal.
This is my fault for coming to this forum lol

Other than that, I regard feet the same way I regard men. I'm aware of their presence, but they are not entering into my sexuality at all.
Interesting. That's how I regard cars 🤪

*Edited because I left some text in there.

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
That's because most religious people only know about atheism, what they've been taught by their religious leaders and family, and have no actual fucking clue what it is. "If your not a christian, you work for the devil!" is about as much "thought" as they put into it.
Yeah, I mean I know why they do it, because they have only heard what it is, haven't actually delved into it themselves let alone put a lot of thought into it.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I don't have a foot fetish at all, but I can see how you might find someone being barefoot attractive. I think it looks kind of cute if someone is in jeans with bare feet, especially if their ankles are covered up.

Not that I'd go out of my way looking for images of it, though.

I don't have any compunction about being barefoot around people, in fact, I prefer being barefoot and always take off my socks as soon as I get home. Just feels better.

I feel more vulnerable when someone has shoes and I do not.
This I agree with 100%, though. If everybody is wearing shoes except you it's gonna hurt if they step on your toes!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Can we please stop speculating on brain stuff and disorders? None of us are neuroscientists or psychiatrists but I did do some neuroscience in my medical engineering degree and what you're saying isn't accurate. Speculating on a person's brain wiring and their sexuality or their disorders is unhelpful. But I do agree with you that it really doesn't matter if someone is not into boinking.
*rolls eyes* Can we please stop being so bothered when someone mentions brain chemistry issues? Saying such doesn't make you a mutant, or less than someone else. All I said was that Kae's brain seems to have not been wired to find sexual stuff appealing. You know, fuck it, I'm not bothering with this. I'm so tired of trying to have a conversation and people spending more time trying to analyze the comments than just taking the comment at face value.

Done.

Enjoy or don't enjoy your feet, I don't fucking care anymore.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
*rolls eyes* Can we please stop being so bothered when someone mentions brain chemistry issues? Saying such doesn't make you a mutant, or less than someone else. All I said was that Kae's brain seems to have not been wired to find sexual stuff appealing.
I'm just asking politely for you to stop. It can be very harmful for both the individual and society when unqualified people try to analyse people they've never met using biology they don't understand.

You know, fuck it, I'm not bothering with this. I'm so tired of trying to have a conversation and people spending more time trying to analyze the comments than just taking the comment at face value.
Okay?

Enjoy or don't enjoy your feet, I don't fucking care anymore.
I will. thank you.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'm just asking politely for you to stop. It can be very harmful for both the individual and society when unqualified people try to analyse people they've never met using biology they don't understand.
This says a lot about you and your relationship to your father, in my opinion. Probably some deep seated trauma you've repressed that causes this aversion. Tell me, did your father ever... analyse you, as a child?

Reactions: Crystal Violet

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland

All's in jest.

I don't find feet attractive as much as i find legs as a whole attractive, if you get me. Thighs etc.

I think foot fetish is really vanilla, compared to all the other stuff out there. I don't really have much more to say about it.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

All's in jest.

I don't find feet attractive as much as i find legs as a whole attractive, if you get me. Thighs etc.

I think foot fetish is really vanilla, compared to all the other stuff out there. I don't really have much more to say about it.
I read a reddit thread one time about a girl talking about her sneezing fetish. It was difficult for her because it would annoy her when people like family members sneezed because it felt like them doing something intimate and private right in front of her.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I think a lot of you have not been reading my full OP.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Not really interested in feet.

Kind of interested in tying girls up though.

Sex is weird.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I think a lot of you have not been reading my full OP.
Yeah, I find you have to be really specific and it has to be at least summarized succinctly first thing or people will either go by the subject or the first 2 sentences.