We need to talk about feet.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Can you elaborate? Is this thread getting a second wind?
My Op ended " Can you relate with any of this at all? Does seeing a barefoot person or being barefoot in present of others mean nothing to you? I simply need to know! " I am trying to understand what goes in the minds of people in some of the situations I described. Maybe I should have put my question at the start and the end.

Your feetxation is kinda specific, maybe nobody can truly relate. Maybe you have to face that this is sole-ly a 'you' thing.
I toe-tally agree. But I think some more good comments are afoot.

Yeah, I find you have to be really specific and it has to be at least summarized succinctly first thing or people will either go by the subject or the first 2 sentences.
Why are you like this, internet?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I made a post some months ago about fetishes and I hoped someone would tell me stuff to give me confidence to admit a very strange curiosity of self.
I think we should probably draw a distinction between a fetish and something not so strong like a kink.

Someone with a fetish needs that fetish gratified, like a compulsion. It's not the same as a weird fascination, or really liking bits of the body or types of clothing, etc. So it's not that weird to really dislike feet, or to find them hugely attractive. But if you need to have your girlfriend put her heels on in order to get properly sexually excited, that's fetish territory. Fetishes are I suspect pretty awful: in effect you will never be able to form a lasting relationship without someone willing to service it as you will always feel something missing. Consequently a relationship will more likely be about finding someone to service that fetish rather than love, emotional support and all that jazz.

I don't think reverse sandals are likely to catch on I'm afraid.
I had a pair of sandals with some heavy duty toecaps: they were designed for serious walking on rough terrain where your toes might be a bit vulnerable to loose stones, etc. Pretty good, although I find even the best sandals tend to have straps that raise blisters, particularly around the heel, for anything beyond light use.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
My Op ended " Can you relate with any of this at all? Does seeing a barefoot person or being barefoot in present of others mean nothing to you? I simply need to know! "
Quick answer: no.

Although I am sometimes curious about people's choice of footwear (including none). I went on an eight mile hike with a friend last year up and down a mountain, and whilst I took the conventional option of walking boots, he used... flip-flops.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
My Op ended " Can you relate with any of this at all? Does seeing a barefoot person or being barefoot in present of others mean nothing to you? I simply need to know! " I am trying to understand what goes in the minds of people in some of the situations I described. Maybe I should have put my question at the start and the end.
I dig women who don't shave. It could be you respond to a moment of naked honesty in a game that is usually based on bluff and artifice. And because being without the invented trappings of what is sold to us as our role under western capitalism is the exception, it becomes a so-called fetish.
Or I'm attempting to an analyse this on the wrong level entirely.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh hai, not seen Crystal Violet for awhile.

Anyhoo, I don't really have a thing for feet...though, now that I think of it, I guess I associate women walking around barefoot with elves and/or witches, invariably played by someone conventional attractive. Not so much hobbit ladies for some reason. So...I kinda get that?

Also, did you know that Emily in Paris got nominated for the Golden Globes, and it looks like it might win, due to lavish bribes?

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Oh hai, not seen Crystal Violet for awhile.
I emerged from my hole to indulge a need not met in life: talk about myself o_O But it is nice to be back and to talk with you fine people!!!

, I don't really have a thing for feet...
I get most people don't but in my 3 example scenarios how would you perceive or interpret them? Or react in these situations?

though, now that I think of it, I guess I associate women walking around barefoot with elves and/or witches, invariably played by someone conventional attractive. Not so much hobbit ladies for some reason. So...I kinda get that?
Keira Metz anyone? Although not with those bad animated wedge heels on what was obviously mean to be bare feet. The Witcher ruined that for me šŸ˜¤

Also, did you know that Emily in Paris got nominated for the Golden Globes, and it looks like it might win, due to lavish bribes?
This post has been reported for being hurtful.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I get most people don't but in my 3 example scenarios how would you perceive or interpret them? Or react in these situations?
I don't see anything unusual in watching bare footed people on TV when relatives are around, not sure why taking shoes off would help impress a guy (but I'm no fashionista), and I like shoes between me and the ground in public places, cause dirty.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I don't see anything unusual in watching bare footed people on TV when relatives are around
I see I am the weird one. It's so much like what an earlier post said about sneezing.

not sure why taking shoes off would help impress a guy (but I'm no fashionista)
But if you like a guy would you not be shy in the situation? I don't understand the straights! When my sister changed to look nice for the guy and it included bare feet I thought cover yourself, you harlot! You hardly know him!

and I like shoes between me and the ground in public places, cause dirty.
For you when the police take your shoes and socks away it would be uncomfortable but not factor at all to the humiliation?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
But if you like a guy would you not be shy in the situation? I don't understand the straights! When my sister changed to look nice for the guy and it included bare feet I thought cover yourself, you harlot! You hardly know him!
Also not an expert on attracting guys, so I dunno.

For you when the police take your shoes and socks away it would be uncomfortable but not factor at all to the humiliation?
If that's all of my clothes that the police are taking away, I'd probably be relieved.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Also not an expert on attracting guys, so I dunno.
Sorry I do not know your gender or sexuality and I will not pry. I guess the question would be how you would feel if it is someone you are attracted to, if you are attracted to be at all.

If that's all of my clothes that the police are taking away, I'd probably be relieved.
This is legit. I had a horrible experience with this in Mexico some years back.

But what I am trying to understand is: would the humiliation be the same level if they made you barefoot as if they let you keep your footwear? Would it make a difference?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Sorry I do not know your gender or sexuality and I will not pry. I guess the question would be how you would feel if it is someone you are attracted to, if you are attracted to be at all.
Not seeing that as much of a factor. Excepting if it was a situation where shoes were, or were not socially expected, I'd probably feel better dressing "correctly".

But what I am trying to understand is: would the humiliation be the same level if they made you barefoot as if they let you keep your footwear? Would it make a difference?
It'd be somewhat worse, I think, but more because it's an extra imposition on top of everything else, rather than something particular to shoes.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Cool. It's fine to have a foot fetish it's not really a big deal. Honestly super tame on the internet where there are fetishes much more extreme....

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
I mean, my train of thought was -

Hmm, a thread about feet being gross.
Do my feet look gross?
I could probably do with cutting my toenails.

But yeah, OK.
I know. I was trying to be funny. I failed.