Gina Carano Fired From “The Mandalorian” Over “Abhorrent” Social Media Posts

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Re: Henry Cavill

If you look hard enough, you can find anybody saying anything and getting a handful of likes and retweets. It doesn't mean there's a movement or problem, and it certainly doesn't help that half of them are fucking jokes.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Re: Henry Cavill

If you look hard enough, you can find anybody saying anything and getting a handful of likes and retweets. It doesn't mean there's a movement or problem, and it certainly doesn't help that half of them are fucking jokes.
Oh looks it's a video from shaun the Nerdskull a guy whose arguments are so week his blocklist is approaching the size of Steve Shive's and he often runs interference when idiots are being called out on what he sees as "His Side" but will almost certanly be running round on about those mad right wing loons in Texas trying to prove the snow is fake........

Some of the tweets were presenting Cavill as Homelander with Carano and Stormfront........... that's more of a snide jab attack than a "Oh this is just nice fun" ribbing kind of joke........

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And those tweets are hanging with...maybe 200 retweets, so who gives a shit?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
1) Yeh no she wasn't schooled in the Bronx nor really grew up there.
2) When you see from some of the other angles. It's a parking lot.
3) When her whole thing is pushing the green new deal and even other clothes she has on her personal brand store don't have that? That's a hell of an oversiht.
4) AOC literally went on Livestream to talk about how her life was in danger

She claimed Ted Cruz tried to have her killed.

Also yeh that photo does seem more like a parking lot than any kind of facility.
I guess that's a no then; unrepentant lies all the way down into the hole it is.

Politicians who fed the stolen election lie led to the events in which deranged fanatics stormed offices of opposing politicians, so yeah he did.

Reactions: Agema

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I guess that's a no then; unrepentant lies all the way down into the hole it is.

Politicians who fed the stolen election lie led to the events in which deranged fanatics stormed offices of opposing politicians, so yeah he did.
So you're saying this tweet doesn't exist?

The one there?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Jesus "Oh stop caring about the obvious hypocrisy and bullshit but remember ted Cruz something something something extremely petty yet also not at all going aginst any stated position"
The hoodie issue is pretty much literally nothing. It fundamentally misunderstands what the Green New Deal is about. The objection is the ~90% oil burnt for energy and risking the climate (plus coal, etc.), not the ~10% of oil that's used by the chemicals industry to make useful stuff. It also represents the sheer stupidity of an argument that activism requires commitment past the point of reasonability. It's the same logic that claims if AOC believes in protecting the planet, why does she use a car or plane? Did she once put a can in the general trash rather than the metal recycling bin? This argument is fraud: it is form of reductio ad absurdam, fabricating an unreasonable standard and damning someone for failing to meet it. People also have to get on in the world as it is, even if they advocate for change.

As for the Bronx thing, to say that this is just you making up an arbitrary standard is an understatement. So is there an objective mathetical proof here, like 5 points for being born there, 1 point per year aged 1-8, 2 points per year aged 9-18 with a bonus +1 for each year they went to a school there and they need to get 20? No, there really isn't, is there? AOC was born in the Bronx to a parent who was born and lived in the Bronx as part of a wider family that mostly lived in the Bronx, who herself lived in the Bronx as a child for years, returned to live and work there after college, and chose to represent it politically. So that's a) birth, b) years of habitation, c) the social and cultural ties of her family to the area, d) making a voluntary decision that's where she wanted to live as an adult. That is fine. Her family clearly was not rich, her mother did manual labour jobs, so she's justified to portray her upbringing as modest. None of this is a problem to a reasonable analysis.

And Ted Cruz is the sort of person who blames wind turbines for gas plants not working, and fucks off to Cancun whilst his constituents freeze and are hit by thousand-dollar bills for a few days of central heating, and then when facing criticism demands everyone should be more respectful (of him). So yeah, there's a pretty big fucking difference, isn't there?

Also I've kinda pointed out how you couldn't be bothered fact checking either lol.
There surely is a difference in fact checking, because I'm right and you're not.

I mean, when told that camp photo had been debunked, you just reiterated your claim. Because either you didn't check, or you have no idea how to do so. And you still haven't acknowledged your error. Chances are very high you'll be making the same claims again about her supposedly fraudulent photo op in a few months, here or elsewhere. Not least because you've done it before: you already created a thread on that hoodie nonsense months ago. You won't learn because you don't want to.

It seems more like you're upset the tactics that work inside your echo chambers aren't being allowed to work here and are having to resort to ad hominem rather than salient points.
I think what annoys me is the repeated disingenuousness, such as:

"On most principals I think [AOC's] right most of the time. I think her execution comes up quite short of her idealistic positioning." Which given the substance you actually fill your posts with and want to discuss, is roughly the equivalent of "I'm not a racist, but..." It's the way you say "Such and such has an interesting perspective" like it's some profound insight, and every time it turns out to be ignorant ravings from the likes of the Daily Mail or bargain basement YouTube MRAs, anti-SJW, G****g*** holdovers and general alt right, which makes it feel like someone trying to sucker other users into watching propaganda.

What makes me despair is not that right-wing people advance right wing opinions, because the right wing does have plenty of interesting things to say. It's that so many people use bad right wing material to make their points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawki

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The hoodie issue is pretty much literally nothing. It fundamentally misunderstands what the Green New Deal is about. The objection is the ~90% oil burnt for energy and risking the climate (plus coal, etc.), not the ~10% of oil that's used by the chemicals industry to make useful stuff. It also represents the sheer stupidity of an argument that activism requires commitment past the point of reasonability. It's the same logic that claims if AOC believes in protecting the planet, why does she use a car or plane? Did she once put a can in the general trash rather than the metal recycling bin? This argument is fraud: it is form of reductio ad absurdam, fabricating an unreasonable standard and damning someone for failing to meet it. People also have to get on in the world as it is, even if they advocate for change.
However as far as I'm aware she's still not bothered changing it and it should have been a fairly obvious thing to avoid doing. It's not like she doesn't have other ranges similar to it without having to use oil derivatives.....

It's pretty reasonable that if you're selling merchandise to advertise green energy you better make them echo friendly especially if your other lines are more echo friendly. It shouldn't be seen as unreasonable to use one of the other basic lines she already has been using for the basis of the green new deal hoodie rather than the product that is made with oil derivatives. Also it's been a month or so which isn't an unreasonable time to change it over.

It's not some huge demand calling for her to never take a car in her life again or something like that..........

Tell me how is asking her to use more echo friendly stuff for her product being sold to help support the green new deal. Please do tell me how it's so unreasonable an ask?

As for the Bronx thing, to say that this is just you making up an arbitrary standard is an understatement. So is there an objective mathetical proof here, like 5 points for being born there, 1 point per year aged 1-8, 2 points per year aged 9-18 with a bonus +1 for each year they went to a school there and they need to get 20? No, there really isn't, is there? AOC was born in the Bronx to a parent who was born and lived in the Bronx as part of a wider family that mostly lived in the Bronx, who herself lived in the Bronx as a child for years, returned to live and work there after college, and chose to represent it politically. So that's a) birth, b) years of habitation, c) the social and cultural ties of her family to the area, d) making a voluntary decision that's where she wanted to live as an adult. That is fine. Her family clearly was not rich, her mother did manual labour jobs, so she's justified to portray her upbringing as modest. None of this is a problem to a reasonable analysis.
For some of her early childhood. Not really her formative years etc.

And Ted Cruz is the sort of person who blames wind turbines for gas plants not working, and fucks off to Cancun whilst his constituents freeze and are hit by thousand-dollar bills for a few days of central heating, and then when facing criticism demands everyone should be more respectful (of him). So yeah, there's a pretty big fucking difference, isn't there?
Ding Ding Ding Ding

Jesus "Oh stop caring about the obvious hypocrisy and bullshit but remember ted Cruz something something something extremely petty yet also not at all going aginst any stated position"
What do I win?

So when did Ted Cruz become pro green energy again?
When has Cruz demanded people cancel already planned trips?

Yeh you just did exactly what I called out previously lol

[

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
There surely is a difference in fact checking, because I'm right and you're not.

I mean, when told that camp photo had been debunked, you just reiterated your claim. Because either you didn't check, or you have no idea how to do so.
Yes you're wrong on most of the stuff you're right on the camp photo. Even then it was nothing but a PR photo to try and look good nothing more.

I think what annoys me is the repeated disingenuousness, such as:

"On most principals I think [AOC's] right most of the time. I think her execution comes up quite short of her idealistic positioning." Which given the substance you actually fill your posts with and want to discuss, is roughly the equivalent of "I'm not a racist, but..." It's the way you say "Such and such has an interesting perspective" like it's some profound insight, and every time it turns out to be ignorant ravings from the likes of the Daily Mail or bargain basement YouTube MRAs, anti-SJW, G****g*** holdovers and general alt right.

What makes me despair is not that right-wing people advance right wing opinions, because the right wing does have plenty of interesting things to say. It's that so many people use bad right wing material to make their points.
So because I'm not dancing to the tune you want I must be bad?
Also really the Daily Mail................ that's the biggest insult of the lot there then again you are likely a Guardian reader subscribed to half a dozen breadtubers.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Oh looks it's a video from shaun the Nerdskull a guy whose arguments are so week his blocklist is approaching the size of Steve Shive's and he often runs interference when idiots are being called out on what he sees as "His Side" but will almost certanly be running round on about those mad right wing loons in Texas trying to prove the snow is fake........
I think the phrase you're looking for is ''ad hominem'' which typically isn't really deemed to be a respectable debate tactics. You're not explaining why mister skull would be wrong or trying to convince us that there actually was a massive evil outrage against Doom. You're just saying you dislike the skull.

I believe Shaun and Moviebob had a bit of a fight in the past so there's definitely behavior on ''his side'' that mister skull considers to be going too far.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
However as far as I'm aware she's still not bothered changing it and it should have been a fairly obvious thing to avoid doing.
Why? She's against burning fossil fuels, not manufacturing polyester for clothing.

Remember: this is the same logic you employ below, that Cruz shouldn't be criticised for lying about green energy because he's not for green energy. Your complaint is therefore invalid by your own reasoning.

Likewise with the Bronx thing. It is at best your opinion that a third generation Bronx native doesn't qualify as coming from the Bronx because reasons. And it's not just a mere opinion, but has more than a little bit of an aspect of "who the fuck are you to judge?" given you've got no connection to the Bronx at all.

Even then it was nothing but a PR photo to try and look good nothing more
And on what grounds precisely do you make this claim? So, hypocrisy and bullshit is your claim: what evidence do you have that AOC does not genuinely care about inhumane treatment of immigrant children?

Yeh you just did exactly what I called out previously lol
Because your argument is complaining about hypocrisy and bullshit. So your unwillingness to criticise (and your de facto apologism for) bigger hypocrisy and bullshit seems odd. In fact, let's go really meta, because that makes you a hypocrite and bullshitter. So is this all a weird exercise in self-hate?

Actually, who cares. All I know is that you sit in these forums flinging alt-right shit and getting your knickers in a twist when someone points out you just sit around flinging alt right shit.

Also really the Daily Mail................ that's the biggest insult of the lot there then again you are likely a Guardian reader subscribed to half a dozen breadtubers.
I am reliably outspoken about the valuelessness of video social media, no matter who makes it and where it is. I do read the Guardian though, amongst numerous other sources.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I think the phrase you're looking for is ''ad hominem'' which typically isn't really deemed to be a respectable debate tactics. You're not explaining why mister skull would be wrong or trying to convince us that there actually was a massive evil outrage against Doom. You're just saying you dislike the skull.

I believe Shaun and Moviebob had a bit of a fight in the past so there's definitely behavior on ''his side'' that mister skull considers to be going too far.
Nerdskull will only call people out who aren't falling in line with "His Side" Bob has never really been accepted by the Breadtube lot.

Why? She's against burning fossil fuels, not manufacturing polyester for clothing.
Yet the Green New Deal was in part about reducing use of fossil fuels and was closing on things that would be by your positioning far more unreasonable than just using a different clothes range.........

Remember: this is the same logic you employ below, that Cruz shouldn't be criticised for lying about green energy because he's not for green energy. Your complaint is therefore invalid by your own reasoning.

Likewise with the Bronx thing. It is at best your opinion that a third generation Bronx native doesn't qualify as coming from the Bronx because reasons. And it's not just a mere opinion, but has more than a little bit of an aspect of "who the fuck are you to judge?" given you've got no connection to the Bronx at all.
She's not a native really as she left there lol.

She spent most of her life away from there visiting occasionally.

You might as well claim I'm Welsh cause I have some relatives there or something lol.

Or do I go further back and get to claim I'm Mediterranean?

It's about looks and trying to portray herself as something she really kind of isn't. She's not some working class woman from a blue collar working class family as such she's a middle class women who seems more and more like a Karen as time goes on.

And on what grounds precisely do you make this claim? So, hypocrisy and bullshit is your claim: what evidence do you have that AOC does not genuinely care about inhumane treatment of immigrant children?
To use the Ted Cruz argument back.
Why bother posing for set photos making it seem like angry campaigning when:
1) She literally toured one of the facilities
2) She's literally in a position of political power and rather than being in the office writing bills and trying to push for change there she was out shaking at a fence which looks like action when it's really doing nothing more than looking good not doing good.

Because your argument is complaining about hypocrisy and bullshit. So your unwillingness to criticise (and your de facto apologism for) bigger hypocrisy and bullshit seems odd. In fact, let's go really meta, because that makes you a hypocrite and bullshitter. So is this all a weird exercise in self-hate?

Actually, who cares. All I know is that you sit in these forums flinging alt-right shit and getting your knickers in a twist when someone points out you just sit around flinging alt right shit.
So you couldn't actually answer either of the questions I posed which would allow you to show anything other than a hypocrisy on your part. Those questions were specific to show you had an actual position so shall we try again?

Tell me how is asking her to use more echo friendly stuff for her product being sold to help support the green new deal. Please do tell me how it's so unreasonable an ask?

Hell I'll add another.

Why is it fine for AOC to do little of substance by banging on a fence for easy PR photos but such an outrage for Ted Cruz to go on a planned trip when in reality he has no control over the weather and was probably more useful taking that trip than some dumb PR photos?

So when did Ted Cruz become pro green energy again?
When has Cruz demanded people cancel already planned trip

I am reliably outspoken about the valuelessness of video social media, no matter who makes it and where it is. I do read the Guardian though, amongst numerous other sources.
So not even consistent on the position of videos though. Also funny how I was kinda right on the money on the Guardian comment lol

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
In more Carano related news

Expect Bill Burr to be next on the slate for cancellation after this I'm guessing.
Calling it now: he'll still have a career in comedy when everyone has forgotten this was a thing. Just like every other dude who allegedly been canceled.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Calling it now: he'll still have a career in comedy when everyone has forgotten this was a thing. Just like every other dude who allegedly been canceled.
Wasn't Barr 'canceled' before he turned up on the Mandalorian?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Nerdskull will only call people out who aren't falling in line with "His Side" Bob has never really been accepted by the Breadtube lot.
Isn't it kinda typical for any political youtuber? Sargon of Akkad won't go after the right and Three Arrows won't go after the left. Both sides then justify it with claiming that their side isn't the existentialist threat while the other is.

And of course Moviebob wouldn't be accepted. He's kinda extreme. No bad tactics, only bad targets and such.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yet the Green New Deal was in part about reducing use of fossil fuels
Yes. Fossil fuel. The hint is in the name: burning stuff for energy. It really is that easy, if you just think for a moment.

She's not a native really as she left there lol.
Native, as in the same root as natal (relating to birth) or nativity (birth); from Latin, nativitas (birth). In a country where the law of the land makes you automatically a citizen by being born on its territory.

It's about looks and trying to portray herself as something she really kind of isn't. She's not some working class woman from a blue collar working class family as such she's a middle class women who seems more and more like a Karen as time goes on.
Her mother had to work as a cleaner to keep the household afloat, she went to a public school. Is that typical of "middle class" affluence to you? It's the irony, I guess: people want more people from modest backgrounds in power, and then when they get there people like you storm in and launch all your venom at them rather than the scions of millionaires. Although I understand the problem to some degree: people from modest backgrounds have got to national office, just unfortunately female and left-wing.

To use the Ted Cruz argument back.
Why bother posing for set photos making it seem like angry campaigning when:
1) She literally toured one of the facilities
2) She's literally in a position of political power and rather than being in the office writing bills and trying to push for change there she was out shaking at a fence which looks like action when it's really doing nothing more than looking good not doing good.
The photo was taken before her election to Congress. That's the sort of thing you'd know if you checked basic facts.

So you couldn't actually answer either of the questions
I'm not obliged to answer all the stupid, pointless questions I'm set. They get answered if they're worth answering.

The bottom line of your question about an "echo friendly" hoodie is still that you are fabricating a position someone doesn't hold and then calling them a hypocrite for failing to meet it. Why dignify that nonsense?

but such an outrage for Ted Cruz to go on a planned trip when in reality he has no control over the weather and was probably more useful taking that trip than some dumb PR photos?
"In hindsight, if I had understood how it would be perceived, the reaction people would have, obviously I wouldn't have done it,"
Which goes to show just what a tool Ted Cruz is, because I wouldn't need hindsight to understand how it would be perceived if I skipped town to a hot beach after an arctic blast cut off the central heating to my constituents.

If you think that trip was "planned", I suggest you look more carefully at Cruz's own statements on it, and the leaked texts from his wife. And the fact one his wife's friends was sufficiently unimpressed to leak the texts tells you just how obvious it should have been for how it would be perceived.

So not even consistent on the position of videos though. Also funny how I was kinda right on the money on the Guardian comment lol
Congratulations: you guessed a centre-left Briton who has not uncommonly posted links to the Guardian reads the Guardian. Next you'll be able to do long division.