Probably not getting a minimum wage hike.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Did you see her little extra "Fuck You" Photo Pose when voting?

On the plus side, I now know the little Photo Pose I'm going to do in 2022/2024 when The Libs are once again begging me to vote for their shit candidate cause "We'll just push them Left once they're in office!!!"

At least assuming I'm being polite and using my thumb to tell them "No" and not be impolite and choose a different finger to show my love for The Democrats...
Cool, instead we'll have Republicans voting to roll back workers rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, social safety nets, and increasing tax cuts to the wealthy. As a progressive, those diametrically opposed policy goals sure fit you better than Democrats only giving you 50% of what you want....

You'll get to gloat and feel morally superior though. I'm sure the people who's lives will be unnecessarily ruined can take some comfort in that.

Last edited:

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Cool, instead we'll have Republicans voting to roll back workers rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, social safety nets, and increasing tax cuts to the wealthy. As a progressive, those diametrically opposed policy goals sure fit you better than Democrats only giving you 50% of what you want....

You'll get to gloat and feel morally superior though. I'm sure the people who's lives will be unnecessarily ruined can take some comfort in that.
Have the Democrats tried not being shit? Maybe for funsy, they should try just once to not be shit just to see what'll happen.

I'll vote for people worth voting for. I won't vote for someone just because they've cleared the low low low low low low low low bar of not being a Republican (and as we've seen today, they manage to trip over that bar anyway).

I said it before not voting for Biden in 2020 and I'm sure I'll be saying it in 2024 when you all try to convince us that Harris isn't a piece of shit; a politician has to EARN my vote. Fuck the VBNMW bullshit. That's how we get nothing to fundamentally change.

The Democrats will not hold me hostage with their "vote for us or THE EVIL REPUBLICANS will win". Because as we've seen today, Democrats don't give a flying fuck about us either. They serve the same masters as Republicans and since the VBNMW crowd will worship them anyway, they have zero reason to change.

We've had decades of this bullshit and it baffles me that Democrats still get away with telling everyone THIS time they won't pull the football back Charlie Brown, they super duper pinky swear it!

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Have the Democrats tried not being shit? Maybe for funsy, they should try just once to not be shit just to see what'll happen.

I'll vote for people worth voting for. I won't vote for someone just because they've cleared the low low low low low low low low bar of not being a Republican (and as we've seen today, they manage to trip over that bar anyway).

I said it before not voting for Biden in 2020 and I'm sure I'll be saying it in 2024 when you all try to convince us that Harris isn't a piece of shit; a politician has to EARN my vote. Fuck the VTNMW bullshit. That's how we get nothing to fundamentally change.

The Democrats will not hold me hostage with their "vote for us or THE EVIL REPUBLICANS will win". Because as we've seen today, Democrats don't give a flying fuck about us either. They serve the same masters as Republicans and since the VBNMW crowd will worship them anyway, they have zero reason to change.

We've had decades of this bullshit and it baffles me that Democrats still get away with telling everyone THIS time they won't pull the football back Charlie Brown, they super duper pinky swear it!
I can say that what you are saying is true.

I can also say I understand people who dont want theirs or other's rights taken away

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
At this stage it couldn't be clearer that the push him left brigade are only frightened of Republicans because they're afraid they'll suffer too. At least with dems in charge they won't get burned alongside the poors.

America deserves trumpism. If everyone starts suffering maybe libs will actually try and make things better for people who aren't them, at least incidentally. Anyone who supports such open contempt for the "essential" workers in their country deserves to be burned, even if they occasionally pay lip service to BLM or LGBTQ+ struggles for easy point scoring.

You might not think it's an urgent issue, or that Biden is just taking his time on it but the people earning less than a 3rd of what the minimum wage SHOULD be would probably like the dems to hurry up on that one. You might have the luxury of thinking of a minimum wage hike in the abstract but for too many people it is a very real issue that is ruining and ending lives. If you think this can be waited on you're just as out of touch and just as much of a problem as an Q anon psycho, only you're only motivation is callousness.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I can also say I understand people who dont want theirs or other's rights taken away
Outside of abortion (which shouldn't be a right), what rights are you expecting to be taken away? Most of the Republican Party is conservative, changing things that are already in place requires big motivation, and there's only really that one issue that has it. Republicans had absolute legislative majority and the presidency for the first 2 years of Trump. Where did you see people's rights being swept away?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Outside of abortion (which shouldn't be a right)
It absolutely should be a right. People have a right to control their own bodies. It is absolutely absurd that there are people who support eviction but not abortion.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Second that.

America deserves trumpism. If everyone starts suffering maybe libs will actually try and make things better for people who aren't them, at least incidentally.
People said that when Trump won. 4 years later, it does not seemed to have worked.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Second that.

People said that when Trump won. 4 years later, it does not seemed to have worked.
Apparently he didn't do enough damage. The libs are gonna let him or someone like him takeover AGAIN because they really are fine with the poor starving to death or having to choose between medical bills and a home. It took less than 2 months for dems to show all their "we're better than Republicans bluster" to be just that.

"$2000 for all? We meant 1400... for some. "

Gleefully voting down a minimum wage hike which isn't even a good enough minimum wage hike.

Showing no interest in making healthcare more accessible?

Like how much contempt do you expect the poor to put up with and still vote Dems? They've clearly shown they hate the workers as much as their "rivals" across the aisle. Why do the people barely getting by have to grin and bear it so people more comfortable than them can stay more comfortable?

Yeah I want every "push him left later" voter's life to get noticeably, painfully worse because it is literally the only way they will support things getting better for anyone because they will never really fight for any change if it doesn't directly benefit them or risks rocking the boat. I would prefer it if things could just get better and libs actually supported these totally vital changes but they don't and they won't until they suffer too. But like I said, hopefully in the fight to make their lives tolerable again they might accidentally get a few improvements for people poorer than them because they sure as shit have no intention of ever fighting for those improvements intentionally.

A living wage, affordable healthcare, etc. are just concepts and buzzwords to them. They don't really care.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I agree with everything you say (well, except that the Dems are just as bad as the GOP, I'd put a small "almost" in there somewhere), but I'm not seeing things getting worse leading to things getting better. I'm not seeing things getting better at all.

Personally, I believe that if Trump had won the last election, the GOP's love of voter fraud might well mean there's little point having further ones. The US (and, the world), really dodged a bullet by having the Democrats win, but they've decided to fix that by handing them the next election instead. I'd not be surprised if the GOP didn't even have to cheat so much next time.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

You say that because it feels nice but it isn't true. Minimum wage hasn't risen in over a decade in the US, before that it didn't rise as fast as it should have. Every year that cost of living goes up and you are cool with minimum wage not keeping pace is you being cool with people having limited access to food, housing and healthcare.

It's the same as Republicans arguing that ID laws aren't voter suppression because that isn't the direct stated goal even though we all know that the side effect is the aim. Not fighting for an increase in minimum wage is allowing people to have their rights stripped from them just as a happy side effect rather than the stated goal.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I agree with everything you say (well, except that the Dems are just as bad as the GOP, I'd put a small "almost" in there somewhere), but I'm not seeing things getting worse leading to things getting better. I'm not seeing things getting better at all.

Personally, I believe that if Trump had won the last election, the GOP's love of voter fraud might well mean there's little point having further ones. The US (and, the world), really dodged a bullet by having the Democrats win, but they've decided to fix that by handing them the next election instead. I'd not be surprised if the GOP didn't even have to cheat so much next time.
The dems are guilty of the degradation of the standards. By refusing to ever get better any time they win, they've allowed Republicans to get worse. Now the dems just have to stay better than actual insurrectionists and they're fine. They know that if they stay slightly better than the Republicans they can still progressively do worse by Americans every election. They're not better than Republicans they're just a step behind.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well, I'd say that a step behind is still better, but by a disgustingly small amount, but I'd not otherwise really disagree with that. I just don't see that changing.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Well, I'd say that a step behind is still better, but by a disgustingly small amount, but I'd not otherwise really disagree with that. I just don't see that changing.
It's better for now. Until the Reps go one step further and the Dems follow suit.

My hope that a scorched earth policy might push moderates and libs to fix fucking anything might not pan out. But literally never having any repurcussions and being asked nicely will never lead to dems doing the right thing. We know that for a fact. So yeah, I'm left with "maybe scorched earth then". It might be a 0.01% chance of leading to positive change but it's better than 0.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's better for now. Until the Reps go one step further and the Dems follow suit.

My hope that a scorched earth policy might push moderates and libs to fix fucking anything might not pan out. But literally never having any repurcussions and being asked nicely will never lead to dems doing the right thing. We know that for a fact. So yeah, I'm left with "maybe scorched earth then". It might be a 0.01% chance of leading to positive change but it's better than 0.
Sure, I'm just worried about the effects of scorched earth if it doesn't work. Or, to an extent, if it does.

In any case, I'm not sure it'll matter. As I said, I'd not be surprised if the next time the Dems hand power to the GOP, the GOP ignores any rules about not holding onto it forever, making it all academic.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
As I said, I'd not be surprised if the next time the Dems hand power to the GOP, the GOP ignores any rules about not holding onto it forever, making it all academic.
For all the disdain you're expressing for Democrats, you sure do buy into their conspiracy theories.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Did you see her little extra "Fuck You" Photo Pose when voting?

It's pathetic, posing, pointless shit like this that turns people away from politics. It's just a big 'fuck you, you aren't important'. It is foolish thinking to believe people will vote for you because they have no one else to vote for. They just won't vote. Fuck standing in line for 4 hours so someone can treat me like shit, I can sit in a chair at home and not vote if that's what I want. Much easier.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Apparently he didn't do enough damage. The libs are gonna let him or someone like him takeover AGAIN because they really are fine with the poor starving to death or having to choose between medical bills and a home. It took less than 2 months for dems to show all their "we're better than Republicans bluster" to be just that.

"$2000 for all? We meant 1400... for some. "

Gleefully voting down a minimum wage hike which isn't even a good enough minimum wage hike.

Showing no interest in making healthcare more accessible?

Like how much contempt do you expect the poor to put up with and still vote Dems? They've clearly shown they hate the workers as much as their "rivals" across the aisle. Why do the people barely getting by have to grin and bear it so people more comfortable than them can stay more comfortable?

Yeah I want every "push him left later" voter's life to get noticeably, painfully worse because it is literally the only way they will support things getting better for anyone because they will never really fight for any change if it doesn't directly benefit them or risks rocking the boat. I would prefer it if things could just get better and libs actually supported these totally vital changes but they don't and they won't until they suffer too. But like I said, hopefully in the fight to make their lives tolerable again they might accidentally get a few improvements for people poorer than them because they sure as shit have no intention of ever fighting for those improvements intentionally.

A living wage, affordable healthcare, etc. are just concepts and buzzwords to them. They don't really care.
EvrxOS_XYAA-2fH.png