National Guard called into Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The Police have left entirely taking their vehicles and likely supplies etc with them.

Until the National Guard turn up there is no law enforcement in the area, except maybe at the home of the officer being reported as responsible for the mans death (assuming they've not taken the officer into protective custody already)

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Why does burning down a city and looting have anything to do with police beating a guy to death?

Seems more like they're taking it out on business owners more than police...

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Why does burning down a city and looting have anything to do with police beating a guy to death?

Seems more like they're taking it out on business owners more than police...
More? They’re literally burning down the precinct building right now and partying about it.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
More? They’re literally burning down the precinct building right now and partying about it.
And burning down a building and having a party is the responsible way to protest a man being beaten to death? And that's not going into what they're doing to the rest of the city.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
And burning down a building and having a party is the responsible way to protest a man being beaten to death? And that's not going into what they're doing to the rest of the city.
Nice pivot, but yeah. Burn the police station that defends and enforces systemic murder and abuse. At any point they could’ve arrested the cops, still haven’t.

Reactions: Bernzz

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
And burning down a city is the responsible way to punish the police?
Nice pivot again, no, but if you’re asking me to care more about Target than a dead man, I don’t. I don’t care about Target at all really. Maybe the employees. Hope they showed up and stole a TV or two.
Edit- I can also pivot to an argument to one I’m confident having.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Nice pivot again, no, but if you’re asking me to care more about Target than a dead man, I don’t. I don’t care about Target at all really. Maybe the employees. Hope they showed up and stole a TV or two.
Edit- I can also pivot to an argument to one I’m confident having.
What did the target have to do with a dead man?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What did the target have to do with a dead man?
That Target was an experiment in loss prevention that included a state of the art forensic team and refused to serve protesters on the first day (who at that point had caused no private property damage) who were suffering from gas and pepper spray. They are closely connected with the precinct and sponsor many partnerships with them as part of that loss prevention scheme.
Also, another pivot.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
That Target was an experiment in loss prevention that included a state of the art forensic team and refused to serve protesters on the first day (who at that point had caused no private property damage) who were suffering from gas and pepper spray. They are closely connected with the precinct and sponsor many partnerships with them as part of that loss prevention scheme.
Also, another pivot.
Okay. An actual answer on what a local business did so wrong to be rampaged through and set on fire.

Understandable, that they held ire for the target. I still don't think they deserved what they go but whatever.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Okay. An actual answer on what a local business did so wrong to be rampaged through and set on fire.

Understandable, that they held ire for the target. I still don't think they deserved what they go but whatever.
Target’s fine dude. I imagine that’s all insured. Literally meaningless aside from the employees, who, as I said, hopefully showed up and stole a TV.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Rather than raid the police station, raid the officer's house instead?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Rather than raid the police station, raid the officer's house instead?
He lives outside of city limits and there’s like fifty riot cops there.
Edit- Also, there are people protesting there. They’re interfering with all his food deliveries. I imagine if the cops start shooting they’ll get to acting.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
And burning down a city is the responsible way to punish the police?
From following what the protesters having been saying on social media, the reasoning here is that peaceful protesting hasn't changed anything and has been ignored. They believe the only way to get Politician's to see the urgency to stop racism and police unfairly targeting and mistreatment of the black community is to target 'their money' to motivate them in to action. They want a national emergency against racism to be declared and all violence against the black community to cease immediately and all officers who have perpetrated violence against them to be arrested. Not just these officers here, but every city. There were protests in Louisville Kentucky where 7 people were shot as well over the murder of EMT Breonna Taylor in her home by police as well. They just want it all to stop and when it doesn't this will only be worse each time it happens.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
From following what the protesters having been saying on social media, the reasoning here is that peaceful protesting hasn't changed anything and has been ignored. They believe the only way to get Politician's to see the urgency to stop racism and police unfairly targeting and mistreatment of the black community is to target 'their money' to motivate them in to action. They want a national emergency against racism to be declared and all violence against the black community to cease immediately and all officers who have perpetrated violence against them to be arrested. Not just these officers here, but every city.
Okay. But they realize they're victimizing people who aren't involved right? Right?

Do they really want the precedent to be that armed uprising targeting business owners and private citizens is the way to accomplish this?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Okay. But they realize they're victimizing people who aren't involved right? Right?

Do they really want the precedent to be that armed uprising targeting business owners and private citizens is the way to accomplish this?
They see this as a last resort. They have been hunted and murdered since the US came to exist and it never stopped. They had a civil war and it didn't stop. They had race riots repeatedly for the past 100 years and it hasn't stopped. They tried to peacefully protest and Martin Luther King Jr. Was murdered for it. And Still it hasn't stopped. When NFL players tried to peacefully protest they were attacked by our own president and blackballed by the NFL. They have said they are done being murdered in silence and since all else has failed, they are done being ignored. Not that I think this is the answer, but they are not wrong about being ignored here.

It is an act of desperation more than anything else right now.

Reactions: Bernzz and Worgen

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Are they actually? The police work largely for the people who own things. So the fact that they seem to reliably act a certain way towards a particular community is arguably on those very same people that own things. Including those businesses.

People are being murdered for their race as informal state policy, but, oh, please, won't someone think of the property?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Are they actually? The police work largely for the people who own things. So the fact that they seem to reliably act a certain way towards a particular community is arguably on those very same people that own things. Including those businesses.

People are being murdered for their race as informal state policy, but, oh, please, won't someone think of the property?
I don't think his concern is the property, but rather the people who will be out of work, including those in the black community that depend on those jobs to feed their families and the people who need vital necessities those stores sell. Members of the local community who were also protesting have voiced these same concerns. The local protesters said the people burning things did not even live there so will not suffer the consequences of the job and resource loss, they will.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I don't think his concern is the property, but rather the people who will be out of work, including those in the black community that depend on those jobs to feed their families and the people who need vital necessities those stores sell. Members of the local community who were also protesting have voiced these same concerns.
Well, yes, capitalists might punish the communities which are rioting because they value the absence of tension over the presence of justice. That's on the capitalists making those decisions. It's not like looting a Target is going to somehow cause there not to be demand for the various goods that a Target sells.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Well, yes, capitalists might punish the communities which are rioting because they value the absence of tension over the presence of justice. That's on the capitalists making those decisions.
The people burning the target and AutoZone were not the capitalists.. They were not the local protesters, they will not be the ones out of work o transportation over this. The capitalists will rebuild. It is just the protesters who live there that will suffer here. The protesters who live there are not the ones burning the place and pleaded for them to not do so. People from elsewhere came in to burn everything down. The arsonists get to go home to their own town and buy their baby's diapers and Tylenol fine from their target while they put the alternator they bought at their non burned down AutoZone on their car and go to work. It doesn't hurt them in any way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.