#001 - Twice Daily

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
I like the different art style. Been looking forward to this for a while!

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
vuc said:
My question would be how much of a story of EDA is already written, or envisioned and how dark it will become before it ends?
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
I don't know how I feel about this. CM had it's share of "srs bsns" but it had it's share of humour too(like when Agent 47 gave Erin assassination tips). Will this be going full grimdark?
We're working ahead by about a month's worth of strips (so roughly 8-9 strips) and I've got rough plans for 4 arcs, which ideally last about 9 strips each. I want to keep the pacing fairly quick.

As for tone; Cory and I have been going for a more Calvin & Hobbes/Count Your Sheep, family-friendly angle but with enough dark elements to keep Erin grounded as a character. Despite the grim title, Erin Dies Alone is actually a much lighter strip than CM. It's less violent, cynical and mean.

Zak757

Oct 12, 2013
snekadid said:
What the hell guys!? Thats not Erin! Thats Ellie from Last of Us!
I can't believe Grey had the audacity to rip off the likeness of Ellen Page, the world's first brown-haired white girl!

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Radical it's live!
From the sneak peaks so far Cory's art style in EDA looks so damn good.

Think about these guy's patreon people!

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I like to imagine Rad Panda is another side of the coin from "Sad Panda".

That's probably why I'm not making the big comic-writer bux.

EDIT: That random "x" was brought to you by the eXXtreme '90s 'tude.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
MarsAtlas said:
I've been waiting for this to drop, seeing snippets on your Twitter feed. Just going to start coughing up for your patreon with its emotionally manipulate pets once I get paid.

Qui-mono995 said:
I know they are not going to read this but, I whish you luck guys. Critical miss has always been a blast to read and see.
Grey actually reads boths the comments on his posts as well as the forums to some extent.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

Remember guys:

[https://www.patreon.com/erindiesalone]

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I've been looking forward to this.
It will be interesting to see where you guys take it.

I wish you the best on this new(ish?) endeavor.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Caramel Frappe said:
I'm confused- what's with the red panda? They're super cool but he's not a video game character... is he?
By the screenshots they have previously released, I would say he is a parody of a 90's radical animal character (like Sonic or Crash Bandicoot)

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So, what, 2 different comic strips about the same psychotic, mentally unstable gaming *****? Yay? Oh wait no, that's the wrong reaction. NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.

Seriously, since it's called Erin dies, let her die. Draw something else.

Aug 31, 2012
So... Erin is now in her 30's, cut off from society, former friends and work by increasingly severe mental illness and will be found hunched up in front of an old Master System, controller still in dessicated hand, by bailiffs sent round to evict her for non payment of rent?

NiPah

May 8, 2009
I'm looking forward to this, I'm also interested in the "choose the manufacturer and pricing of our own merchandise".
Good merch is my favorite way to support artists I love.

Gaboris

Dec 22, 2011
Ohhhh, so it's a darker and grittier CM? I LIKE it!

Also double the comics each week? This is like Christmas! I was starting to have trouble visiting the Escapist because my favorite shows are all leaving and I barely have anything left to look forward to, but I guess now I'll have a reason to visit each day again. Thanks for that guys. :D

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I always enjoyed the more story driven cm comics as opposed to the flavor of the weeks jokes, so I'm looking forward to this.

Plus, that's four days a week I'll get something new to read.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Happyninja42 said:
So, what, 2 different comic strips about the same psychotic, mentally unstable gaming *****? Yay? Oh wait no, that's the wrong reaction. NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.

Seriously, since it's called Erin dies, let her die. Draw something else.
Smile and the world smiles with you, but fulminate at two extra comics a week and you fulminate alone.