#001 - Twice Daily

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Pretty morbid topic. Not sure how I feel about it but these comics are always AAA anyways so I look forward to seeing where it goes.

On the one hand I think this new IP being delivered out of the blue and without an increase in pay is pretty generous to have posted here twice a week. On the other hand I'm concerned about the timing of creating a new IP. I assume you know what I'm referring to. Pretty shrewd if it's what I'm thinking the reason and timing is for. The escapist has pretty much full rights to Critical Miss and such. In either event, I certainly see why you'd feel the need to have this. I just wish it was a totally new IP rather than a re-skinned version of Critical Miss. Hopefully for your sake the contract does not extend to spinoffs. I'm not sure the same character with a different title would constitute an actual distinct IP. Like some TV show producer losing rights to a show and then recasting all the same characters in similar situations with the same names and roles but just with a different show name. I hope you guys stay on the Escapist for years to come though. This is my one stop shop for all my gaming related entertainment so I'd hate not to see your work.

FYI, your pets (from the patreon) mirror my pets almost exactly. I have a maine coon, some kind of siamese, and a white dog as well. Though my white dog has steely blue eyes that pierce into the soul of man.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
klovervibe said:
I've missed the old story strips. Was a little disappointed when CM first went daily gag. EDA is exactly what I've been hoping for. Good luck, guys!
Yes, this series really jumped the shark with the first comic :p

Naw, seriously, it started out as a gag a day strip about a sarcastic writer for a thinly veiled parody of The Escapist and her crazy co-workers[footnote]I still say Grey is lying when he says Sharon wasn't based on Susan :p[/footnote]. I still miss that comic. The storyline where she gained her mental illness was jarring and came completely out of left field, but it might actually work as a spinoff strip.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Is this supposed to be critical miss's midlife crisis or something? I'm all for dark humor but this is borderlining on people just trying to get in with the "edgy" crowd.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Aiedail256 said:
Oh wow! This looks like it's going to be everything I always wanted from Critical Miss! Those early days where you showed Erin actually struggling with mental illness? That was COMPELLING. I'm psyched!
Maybe it's because I'm viewing this from the perspective of somebody actually dealing with mental illness but I'd say I have the exact opposite reaction and I'm kind of actually disgusted with people's (not quite romanticization of mental illness, but) fascination with it. It is by no means fun and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, so I can't understand why people want to see it.