#1 Game Ending that pissed you off?

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Klonoa. For the Playstation made me mad at the idiocy of the second main character.

Klonoa is not actually part of the world he's in, the second main character (forgot the darn name) summoned him and gave him fake memories so he could rid the world of all evil .Which takes the form of nightmares that don't belong. Well what he didn't realize that klonoa technically doesn't belong because he's dreamed up in that world, so he gets sent back to his world never to see any of his friends again.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Here's one I don't think anyone's said yet. The ending for Dawn of War I.

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj7I_EAJuu0

(Note the guy who put the video up added the music himself.)

Why was I so pissed off with the ending?

Well compare it to the opening cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-E1RcRvny8

Now that was very awesome wasn't it? I played the entire game expecting an equally awesome ending cinematic instead I get a crappy in game sprite ending. WTF!!!!

BonerMacTittyPants

Aug 3, 2009
Assassin's Creed. It had the #1 most anger provoking ending. Like, what the hell were they thinking?

Call of Duty 4 gets number two for being too abrupt.

GTA IV number three for having the most unsatisfying ending out of the whole series. After San Andreas I expected something epic.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2 is #4... But it's good... *sniff*, I'll get those bastards next time.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Pre Broken Steel Fallout 3. Why would they have it end?! And why make us pay so we can play after the game like what was free (and very successful, which is what confused me so much) in Oblivion! Ahh well, I still wuv Todd Howard and Bethesda.

ratix2

Feb 6, 2008
Whistler777 said:
ratix2 said:
Whistler777 said:
notsosavagemessiah said:
Hmm.... I'd say MGS 4's. Why? Because after handling more or less all of the essential loose ends (and a few non essentials) they decide to remind you that there's still more to come. What? Without Snake? Fuck you.
[Hideo Kojima fanboy warning! You are dealing with an MGS fanboy!]

I think it's just fine that the series can continue without its flagship character. In my eyes, it's only a testament to how versatile Hideo's writing is. Even though Raiden's a hated character, I think the upcoming prequel will finally tie up all the loose ends (no, not all of them have been addressed yet) in his plotline.

[End fanboy warning]

OT: The ending to Call of Duty 4 made me laugh. Not because of the touching death of some of the lead characters, nor because of the traumatic struggle depicted, but because Griggs raps over the end credits. Seriously? "Deep and Hard"?
versatile? sorry but the fact that hes completly unable to kill off any of the main, non-evil characters is absolutly absurd. not to mention the completly deus ex machina ending
where the new foxdie was killing the old foxdie so he wouldnt be contaminating everyone
. sorry, but his writing is ok at best when you take everything into account.
I've never played Deus Ex that much (didn't suck me in), and I highly doubt Kojima knowingly copied that plot point. Even taking into account the utter cheesiness of it all, I still can't say his writing is any less than very good.
im not talking about the game deus ex but rather the plot device its name comes from, deus ex machina translates into god out of the machine and refers to plot scenarios where a character or something is literally introduced at the last minute to save the protaganists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

StevieC

Jan 9, 2008
I was pissed off by how Descent 2 ended, but not at the game writers. Pissed at a certain character which you're SUPPOSED to be pissed at. If you're talking about games where the ending got me pissed at the GAME, then it's got to be Duck Hunt. THAT. DAMN. DOG.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Resistance 2, It didn't piss me off but it was really crazy. Caught me off guard.

Sgt. Dante said:
Has anyone played psi-ops?

It's a typical amnesia revenge story, only you're a psychic commando. The whole way through you're pretty much kept in the dark and once you beat the final boss your character states "i remember everything". que credits. NO planned sequal.

Utter BS.
That game came out of nowhere and stole my heart.

boyitsme95

Feb 26, 2008
There are a good number of games with bad endings that are already being done, so I would like to point out Dead Rising in more detail, if only for a moment.
WARNING:This contains a large amount of unnecessary rage I fell bad about but not enough to do a rewrite. Dead Rising is still a good game, and is not bad, and some of my points could be taken differently by different people and not make sense as to why I'm mad, but I'm just pointing out my opinion. All following rage is unwarranted and more there because I love story in a game more then anything so it really angers me when this sort of thing happens, even this small. Do not read this if you are easily hurt, and have, if I could quote someone more elegant then myself, "incredibly sensitive 10 year old girl feelings."
Made in a factory that processes milk.

Ok, on to my point! So at the end of the game you kick the guy off the tank and escape alone, since Isabella dies. Fine. You release the photos you took and tell the story of what happened. Ok, expected. The government takes some blame for the program that created zombies, indirectly admitting zombies exists and Frank isn't lying, Frank's story is considered true, but 1) Carlito's plan to release the diseased orphans as a mass infection strategy is never proven, 2) they are able to say it was a terrorist group, and 3) People forgot about the incident. On to the rage!
1)Carlito's plan is never proven or disproved - Never proven? Never proven!? The government knows this is real and that everything he said is 100% fact, and are willing to kill entire towns to cover up secrets, but won't check a couple kids to see if their cannibals? Their freaking foster children! "You feel incredibly cold and hunger for life? Probably just nothing."
2)The government says a terrorist group created and unleashed the virus - They can just pin the blame on terrorists? Really? Did the president just come on TV, shrug, and go "I didn't do it!" and then eat a bagel? True, Carlito is a terrorist, but they just place the creation of a reanimation parasite firmly into the category of "the terrorists did it!" and get away with it? The entire reason Isabella died is because it would seem weird if two people said it was true, and one was the terrorists brother. Just, doesn't make any sense.
3)People forget about the incident - "Remember that zombie thing?" "Whatever." These peoples opinions would be one of two things. Either they believe that Frank is right and this Carlito guy has sent infected foster children around America or they believe an unknown terrorist threat has access to a parasite able to turn people into the undead and have no problem using it. Way to go, Capcom. Just, wow.
The second game has a lot of work to do, and I mean tons. They could just not fix the AI and say that everyone is a retard in the canon, or as I like to call it, the "Is too a rule!" strategy. They could say that the whole thing was reveled to be true, and now the government is just trying to stop the undead virus from spreading anymore then it has. They could say a lot of things, but it has to involve a way for the DR2 main characters to know the truth. Otherwise, everyone will just be yelling at the TV screen because these guys know the accumulated worth of a peanut, and we know everything. Of course, we'll all be screaming "Over here! The door is over here! And she's dead." anyway, so why fight it?
Well, that was a giant moment. Ok. Spoiler-free recap of the above. The resolving of the story goes in a direction along the lines of setting up a sequel, rather then some more logical choices. It isn't as noticeable at the time as it is an retrospect, but noticeable still.

Synonymous

Aug 6, 2009
I'm surprised Contact for the DS hasn't yet been mentioned.

You suck. No, not your character; you, the player. The very act of playing the game at all (a standard JRPG, not GTA or anything) proves you're a twisted, immoral ball of hate and a worthless piece of crud, and you therefore don't deserve any sort of ending. But don't worry; the game will always treasure its "special memories" of your time with it.

It's like breaking up with a jackass.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Anything with a cliff hanger. god, I the devs saying,"So...enjoying the game? Well FUCK YOU consumer, cause now you'll have to wait years for a continuation. HAHAHAHAHAHA!" That's so lame. Oh, and Gears 2. Fucking stupid end boss and conclusion.

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
The Dr Jack said:
Markness said:
Fallout 3. Some really logical reasons were blocked out with the "you must furfill your destiny." Very disappointing after such a great game.
coughbrokensteelcough
I kinda regard downloadable content as expansion packs and as such not part of the main game. It shows how stupid the ending was that they changed it with the expansion.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
A few pissed me off at how boring they were. Those would be Oblivion and Fallout 3. I really can't think of others right now, but I know there are some more.

Evilsmurf1

Aug 4, 2009
Ghosts 'n' f-ing Goblins.

"You just played all the way through one of the hardest games ever and probably spent enough quarters to pay off your parents' mortgage, so we're going to start you back at the beginning and make it harder!"

Most frustrating, criminal, awful ending ever.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Here you bust your ass to stop an evil guerrilla terrorist group just to join them because they're really the good guys and your corporation is evil, and now you bust your ass to stop them from using their miracle war wonderdrug OH BUT WAIT. What's this? Guerrilla terrorist leader just wanted the evil corporations miracle war wonderdrug for himself?

Roll credits.

Here [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.MGS2Ending]'s a link. I'm not going to sort through three hours of long-winded speeches, fuck you.

Just when you thought the game couldn't appeal even more to Japanese-obsessed weeaboo Amricans... OMG, VINCENT BECOMES A MARY SUE! Let's poke hints that he slept with Sephiroth's mother, even though Square officially stated that Hojo... you ARE the father! Retarded and pointless ending played to a random Gackt song! Goddamn, I was half expecting a fucking Kingdom Hearts reference. Add some gay sex, and you've got every female weeaboo's wet dream. Excuse me while I vomit.

Actually, if you fell for the Ubisoft trap and payed $10 for the Epilogue, they explain everything. But if you didn't (or you own the PC version), then the game basically ends in a cliffhanger, and makes it seem like all the hard work you did was for naught. If you do have Epilogue, you should know that it was all a trick by Ahriman to have the last Aura killed, so the next time he returns no one can stop him. To paraphrase The Prince, "Do you know what he did when you died? He laughed! He wanted you dead. You have to see that!"

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/category/final-fantasy-viii/ [http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/category/final-fantasy-viii/]

And the worst part about me saying this, is that I rank this as one of my top 3 Final Fantasy games.

I loved this game, despite it's shitty ending.

Like Haze.

And yes, you can PM me hate mail.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Resident Evil 5. Not because it was bad, but the whiney fanboys still wont admit Wesker is perma-dead. (Felt like being nerdy...er)

Shotgunbunny

Jun 2, 2006
I'm guessing....Crysis. Honestly, how can anybody believe that to be worth money? It's not even finished. :S