15-year old Stabs Bully 11 Times at Bus Stop, Gets Away With It

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Rottweiler said:
No, actually there's statistics on 'non lethal weapons' killing people. That's why *officially* they are referred to as 'Less Than Lethal', not 'Non Lethal'.
Of course there's a bunch of idiots who've killed themselves with non-lethal weapons. There's people who have killed themselves with forks.

Look the point is that these weapons DO, like it or not, go through rigorous testing to prove they are nearly harmless when used correctly.

A knife is used to seriously injure another person.

To argue otherwise is lunacy.

No, he was *wounded* with a *knife*. The NEWS says 'stabbed' but I sincerely doubt the accuracy of that. A more truthful account will most likely admit that there were 8 or 9 superficial cuts and two more serious ones.
I like your version of the story. I made up my own version of events that fits my opinion but I'm gonna keep it to myself so I don't look like an idiot by talking out of my ass.

do you even know how *difficult* it is to do serious injury with a three inch pocket knife?
Yes, it is very NOT difficult. I thought the other guy said it was 2". Where is this information coming from?

Tell you what, why don't we fight, and I get to use a pocket knife and stab you and you get to punch me. Sounds totally fair to me.

Also, since Nuno wasn't naked, he had the protection of whatever clothing he was wearing, which would seriously impede such a small knife.
Okay, I'm going to ignore this one. I just can't argue with a statement as insanely nonsensical as that.

Seriously...

Interestingly enough, the eyewitness accounts in the case don't agree with you. And again, you clearly have not researched blade wounds- they are in many cases surprisingly painless, especially under the influence of massive amounts of adrenalin.

We won't even discuss whether Nuno was under the influence of Drugs, since his family is doing their level best to demonize the kid he was assaulting and claim their son was an angel who was only trying to squash a mosquito on Saavedra's head. I doubt any evidence of drug use will surface because everyone will try to make the dead kid look innocent (since he's dead.)
Again, I love the amount that you will just pull shit out of your ass here. Not only are you suddenly an expert on "blade wounds", but you also just played the drug card.

I could make shit up about how the psychotic stabber kid was doing keybumps of cocaine off his knife before the fight, but I'm not going to do that because doing things like that makes for poor debate.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
He got bullied, got truly fed up with it and stabbed his bully.
Good on him, and I mean that.

11 times...eeh. Emotions + Pressure. Unnecessary yea...but that's from an outsider few.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Jarimir said:
As for your testing of tasers-

"A 2008 report from Amnesty International found 351 Taser-related deaths in the US between June, 2001 and August, 2008, a rate of just slightly above four deaths per month."

Dylan or Jorge could have been death #5 that month and had it not been for this forum or inflamatory headline, would you have even gave a sh*t?
Oh okay.

Hey, have you looked up those statistics for knife related deaths?

Four deaths a month, lol.

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Good. I don't have any sympathy for the kinds of people who pull this kind of shit. Bullies literally destroyed me and even now the damage they did to me still troubles me greatly. If it happens often enough with several offenders so there's no way to retaliate the harm it can do to a person is astounding.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Jarimir said:
"A person is justified in using deadly physical force against another:
2. When and to the degree a reasonable person would believe that deadly physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly physical force."
So the kid getting punched is deadly physical force?

Have you ever been punched?

I don't usually feel as though my life is in danger when I am being punched.

Besides I don't see how this is even an argument... The psycho had the knife on the bus and was showing it to other students. He knew he was gonna stab this bully and he didn't even consider going to an adult.

I get it, some of you got bullied. Get over it. This kid got STABBED TO DEATH and you're all relishing in it as if his death has settled the score or some ridiculous shit.

I'm getting out of this thread, but you all seriously make me sick.

Adiona

Mistress of Evil
Mar 25, 2008
Yes he had a right to defend himself, bringing a knife was either attempt to harm someone or self defense. Eleven times was excessive but in a fit of rage and adrenaline I can see why it was eleven times. Bullying is wrong either online or face to face, I think he should have faced some sort of punishment but then it can be argued he has to live with the fact he took someone else's life.

Maybe he should have spent some time locked up but *shrugs* The bully was wrong for singling out the kid and the kid was wrong for stabbing him that many times.

Iori Branford

Jan 4, 2008
TomLikesGuitar said:
So the kid getting punched is deadly physical force?

Have you ever been punched?

I don't usually feel as though my life is in danger when I am being punched.
I repeat: you think wrong.
Google ONE PUNCH KILL [https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=ieb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#q=one+punch+kill&hl=en&safe=off&site=webhp&prmd=imvns&ei=TwcIT7H8Neri0QGc0ZHLCQ&start=40&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=9f861847d203cf39&ion=1&biw=1920&bih=955]
Just about all incidents described are supposedly "fair and square" 1v1 encounters. Here, the size of the enemy force and severity of the leader's assault have already been well-established in the very article itself (the back of the victim's head, for Zod's sake, after the victim tried to avoid the coming confrontation even when he didn't legally have to). No one else's fault you only see the events you expect to see.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Judge: Explain what happened, Jorge?
Jorge: I've never seen him before in my life.
Judge: Why did you kill this person, Jorge?
Jorge: I don't kill people, that is, that is my least favorite thing to do.
Judge: Tell me, Jorge, exactly what you were doing before this happened.
Jorge: I was in a bus.
Judge: Okay.
Jorge: I was sitting in my chair.
Judge: Yes.
Jorge: Reading a book.
Judge: Go on.
Jorge: And, well, this bully walked in.
Judge: Okay.
Jorge: So he went up to me.
Judge: Yes.
Jorge: And I stabbed him 11 times in the chest.
Judge: Jooooooooooooooorge, that kills people.
Jorge: Ow, ow, wow, I didn't know that.
Judge: Jorge, how could you not know that?
Jorge: Yeah, I am in the wrong here, I suck.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
joe-h2o said:
GrandmaFunk said:
joe-h2o said:
I assume he gained some wisdom as he was bleeding out on the pavement.
we're talking about a 16yo kid ffs, please seek therapy.
A 16 year old kid who was old enough to know better.

He did a stupid thing, and ended up paying a very heavy price for it. That's life sometimes. I have no sympathy for him - sorry, but that's just how it is. I'm not devoid of empathy or compassion, but I also put a high stock in personal responsibility.

Should he have died over a school-age assault where he was the perpetrator? Of course not. Am I going to feel sorry for him? Nope.

I feel sorry for his parents and family, but I have zero sympathy for him.
This guy is harsh, but he speaks the truth. Yes the bully was a kid, but he was tormenting another human being. He decided to play with gasoline and matches, and he got burned bad. I feel no sympathy for the little jerk. I do, however, feel badly for the family of the bully and victim, not to mention the victim himself. Poor kid is gonna grow up with the weight of taking another life on his mind, and the bully's family will have to continue thinking they've lost their "little angel" of a boy.

And all those people who say 11 (or 12) blows is too much, you've clearly never been in a fight before. What is the magical number of wounds that it's okay to inflict? Real combat isn't a video-game, there is no cold logic and thinking (unless you are very well trained and experienced, then maybe), you just start wailing on the other guy till he stops moving or the adrenaline wears off. The difference here is that the kid used a knife, where as I have only used my fists, but in the heat of the moment, I'm sure most people would keep stabbing till reality hits.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Whoa. Maybe I should just stab someone who pisses me off and hope I get away with, because of course they provoked me.

There should of been punishment, this is completely sending out the wrong message on how to deal with bullies and violence. IMO he's worse than the bully, he just went *that* step further and should face the consequences.

It also worrying how many are for this kid. I hope to never cross path with you guys, I might get stabbed D:

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
I wish I was so brave when I was 15. The only problem I see here, is that the boy used a knife instead of a gun. The moment I turned 18 I armed myself... damn bullies they all deserve a painful death and I'm guessing getting stabbed multiple times is one of them. Hope Saavedra doesn't get any psychological regret or damage over this. I applaud his actions.

To all you who think this is wrong, you either haven't been bullied or you haven't seen the movie "A Time To Kill" That second one is preferred so let me quote Samuel L. Jackson for you "YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
I have mixed emotions on this story.

Firstly i believe that the kid had a right to defend himself, every kid does, but was stabbing him 11 times necessary. I'm sure once would have been enough.

Second, why a knife, couldn't he have just battered him for a bit with a bat or something? It doesn't make sense why he would carry a knife as stab as many times as he did.

Should he get away with it? No, but he shouldn't be prosecuted as a murderer, maybe given a less harsh punishment. Seems only fair.

EDIT: whoa! My inbox got flooded with messages about the bat thing. It's just an example as to say "Why was he carrying a knife to begin with?"
If he needed to bring a knife do you honestly think he would have been able to physically fight him off - bringing a bat to a fight may as well be giving the bully another weapon. And that it had obviously been long enough term for him to know this.

I have no sympathy for the bully, but I'm bias from personal experience. When I was in primary school I was attacked with a stanley knife and the bully got away with it without so much as a slap on the wrist. If it had got any more serious he would have got what, a fucking 2 week suspension?

kazeryu

Jun 8, 2011
If it was self-defence I would totaly agree that there shouldn't be charges but stabbing somebody with a knife is not self-defence. So I think he should get at least get some punishment.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
While I do respect that you dont let a bully fuck with you, this is premeditated murder based on what the article reads as.

First off, he was carrying a deadly weapon into school which is a massive mistake in this day and age of school shootings and any kid going to school know what risks they run by carrying a weapon into school.

Secondly it seems pretty logical that this happened on a school bus route because concealing a weapon would be infinitely easier on a school bus than going into many schools nowadays with metal detectors at the entrances.

Third, the kid was purposely trying to kill the bully. Even if he was being attacked, he knew he had a weapon and could respond at any time and he knew his opponent did not. If he wanted to get the bully to stop a gash on a hand, arm, leg, or non lethal cut would have been sufficient, but he focused on the chest to do massive damage he nicked the other kids heart which you cannot do unless your specifically going for a kill shot.

So I call bullshit. For one the judge seemingly likely had their own bias, and secondly minors are not typically held to the same laws that adults are, so trying to apply the stand your ground ruling to a minor is completely inappropriate, especially considering the kid was bullied, he wasnt in life or death danger, and during the fight it doesnt stand because he was armed and his opponent was not and if he tried to avoid the fight he knew that before the first slash.

Basically what we see here is someone who made an irrational response (not that he should not have stood up to him, but he purposely aimed to take this well beyond where it should have gone)to the situation sort of implies there is likely a mental instability there, that just got rewarded as appropriate behavior by letting the kid literally get away with murder.

EDIT:

Seriously those are not the eyes of a kid who feared for his life, they are the eyes of a kid who meticulously planned out how to react violently to his bullying and what would give himself the best chance of getting away with it while making sure he ended it once and for all.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Sad situation... To those saying stabbing 11 times was "too much", lets just say when you're genuinely fearing for your life and have decided "this is it, im not holding back", the adrenaline rush is just insane, you won't stop until the guy stops moving or your adrenaline is spent and then you "come down" and realize what you've done..

As for carrying the weapon=premidated, depends, we need more details. Did the guy carry the knife every day? Or did he bring it only this once because he thought the bullies were generally going to kill him? We need some context here.

Just a horrid situation and one the possible tragic outcomes to bullying (the opposite of the one where the bullied one commits suicide).

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
As horrible as this is, I have been bullied, and the only time it has stopped is when I applied more force than they did "read: kicking the guy in the balls full on"

Bullying is one thing, getting physical is another. If you are willing to attack someone, be it serious or in jest, you had better be prepared for them to come around at you.

11 times is a little much, but I'll tell you what, no one fucked with me after I starting carrying a knife around school.