Fable III Accidentally Announced

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Fable III Accidentally Announced

The existence of a third Fable game was leaked last night by a most unlikely candidate - UK television personality Jonathan Ross.

Last night was a bit of a mixed bag for Peter Molyneux and Lionhead Studios at the BAFTA awards. On the one hand, Fable II snagged the top prize in the Action and Adventure category. On the other hand, they probably didn't want to announce Fable III so soon.

Whoops.

Apparently, Lionhead approached flamboyant and oft-risqué UK television personality Jonathan Ross about the possibility of doing voice work in the upcoming third installment in the Fable series. At the end of the night, Ross posted the following via Twitter [http://twitter.com/Wossy]: "Goodnight all. Must go to bed. Got asked to do voice in Fable 3 tonight. Subarashi. Oyasuminasia. Woss out."

When called out on the number "3" by a Twitter pal, Ross responded, "Yes they are doing it. Charlie Brooker said he would do a voice for it too! Great fun!!"

In the morning, though, reflecting on what he'd done, Ross posted a followup Tweet saying that he had to go apologize to Molyneux: "I think I revealed something that was not officially announced yet..."

Nicely done, Mr. Ross. Stay tuned for further updates.

(Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=210295])

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Pretty funny stuff. "I need to go apologize to Moyneux now." I really liked Fable 2, although I wish that it had been longer. No big surprise that they are making a third one.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I used to watch his Fwiday Night show on the BBC He never seemed like someone who would ever keep a secwet. They've kinda asked for it, if you ask me.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
And just when he'd been forgiven for that whole phone-call thing, not that this will cause as much of a stir by any means.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
Seems a little soon for Fable 3 doesn't it. Too early to do voice work for sure. It's probably just a new DLC for Fable 2.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
....you do realise that Molyneux himself confirmed Fable III (as well as the fact that he's an egotistical jackoff) months ago when he said there were no good games coming out in 2009?
You assume that the Molyneux unit has not had the name "Fable 3" inserted into its "Egotism Matrix" yet, or that it's suddenly become self-aware? Regardless, its quality filters need updating; that or somebody programming him broke a for loop somewhere.

(joke based on Fable 3 coming out in 2009: highly unlikely given track record)

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Volucer said:
Seems a little soon for Fable 3 doesn't it. Too early to do voice work for sure. It's probably just a new DLC for Fable 2.
Well, considering Fable 2 wasn't terribly different from Fable 3 other than an upgrade in terms of hardware, some mechanics and the fact that the protagonist can be male or female, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the production time for yet another sequel is quite a bit shorter than Fable 2.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
They approached Charlie Brooker? My Screenwipe Fanboi senses are tingling :D
Charlie Brooker the thinking mans Yahtzee?

On topic though Im not sure which is the least suprising the fact there is a Fable 3 or the fact Wossy is a lound mouth idiot who cant keep a secret longer than the time it takes to log in to Twitter

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
He did a couple of marine voices in Halo 3 as well, which I didn't know. Anyway, not really bothered either way, pretty funny that he let it slip though.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
He's a stupid burke. While it was obvious a third was in the making (I mean come on, you can't move for sequels) trusting Ross to keep his trap shut, doubly so after that whole bloody Radio 2 thing, it's their own fault it was leaked before they were ready.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
If peter moly thinks no good games are coming out in 2009, i don't see what more fable would add.

I'll go back to playing empire total war.

quellan_thyde

Feb 11, 2009
Joy of joys. I'm waiting with bated breath for another installment of muddy textures, button-mashing combat and brain-dead AI. Wake me up when Molyneux runs through his usual list of awesome gameplay innovations that mysteriously won't make the final release.

The sarcasm meter just blew up.