Fable III Accidentally Announced

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
It was going to happen sooner or later. The Fable series is too popular to just leave alone after a second game, but I don't think Lionhead wanted it to be said that the Third Fable is being planned so soon.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Cousin_IT said:
They approached Charlie Brooker? My Screenwipe Fanboi senses are tingling :D
Me too ,if wikipedia is to be beleived he used to be a games journo dontcha know

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Buhhchester_United said:
I just hope in the third one the last boss is actually a challenge.
I consider the floating triangle thing to be the final boss and whilst not particularly tough was annoying

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
Soxfan1016 said:
Yay! Disappointment 3! I can't wait to see what Peter fails to deliver next!
I unfortunately have to agree with this....I love Peter's enthusiasm, but it just makes everything so disappointing in the end.

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
File that one under "oops, my bad".

Fable 2, in my opinion, suffered the unfortunate circumstance of being far too big for the britches it was trying to wear, and while it was decent, it wasn't the groundbreaking blockbuster everyone said it would be. Of course, some of this may be my own personal bias - developer shops with prominent front men making grandiose statements like Molyneux does tend to turn me off moreso than to tune in (for others, see: CliffyB and Mark Jacobs, and dare I say Shigeru Miyamoto is creeping dangerously close).

I guess I'm just a nuts and bolts guy. I like to se proof i the pudding - kind of like Jonathan Ross actually tweeting about Fable 3. Still, it'll be worth a Gamefly rental once it's out.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
Oh lord thread necromancy!

Not complaining, it's just the first time I ever got to say that.

Anyway, you never know whether they even wanted to stick to fable. That's the biggest problem in the entertainment industry these days isn't it? sticking to the old. Maybe they wanted to try something new while putting Fable 3 ideas down also. Now that the public has heard of it, Molyneux might just be FORCED to make the next Fable.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Didn't we recieve news of Fable 3 about a month ago? I mean really. I swear there was an article on it..

EDIT: Ah, here we are:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.132046#2935681

The fucking 18th of August this was posted. The guy didn't drop the ball on anything, they had already "unveiled" it...

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Yet another reason to avoid Twitter.

As if one were needed.

But on a more serious note, we were all expecting this.

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
Didn't he say earlier that his company would shoot him if he said anything about a Fable 3?

Poor guy.