Poll: BattleForge, EA and a huge, massive fraud.

Wyldyr

Apr 8, 2009
Good day to you, foreign gamers.

I'm from Russia, as you know it's that country with snow, bears, and vodka.

I just decided to stop by and share with you the situation with the game BattleForge that we have here in Russia.

Those of you who plays BattleForge know that the contens of the game are: 4 starter decks and 3000 Battlrforge Point, right? Well, nope, wrong. At least in my country.

Several days ago I bought a DVD-box of the game for 899 rubles (approx $26). I was more than surprised when I discovered that in game I have only 1 (one) deck. Wtf, I said, and called the EARussia tech-support. 'Yes', they told me, 'there is such problem (!), but we are solving it as we speak'. Hooray, I said and started waiting. While doing so I have been looking through BattleForge forums and found out that all (!) Russian players, who had bought either DVD or jewel edition of the game have this problem.

Two days later we got this:
Ok, let me clarify this one. Russian players who are buying localized version of Battleforge (DVD or JC editions) receive 1 base deck from random Power. For BattleForge EA has consistent policy in terms of price of BF points and cards, but, as Russian market conditions differ from EU or US, we have opted for a special version of the game.

Woah, now. So, EA thinks that they can do this without telling their customers about it? Really nice and fair. At first it was a problem, and now it's a special policy towards russian customers?

'Hey', you, american and european gamers, can say,'We pay $50/€50 for our copy of the game, and you pay just $26! Shut up and go ride a bear, damn commie!'. Well, I would, but... Actually, any russian is able to buy an electornic version of the game for the same 899 rubles and get the very same 4 decks and 3000 point you guys are given. It's magic I suppose, for there is no logical explanation for this.

We, those who got ripped off, are uniting and going to sue EA if they won't give us our decks back or compensate their absence in any other way.

For more info: http://forums.battleforge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6562

I just wanted to let you know, thank you for you time.
From Russia with love,
Wyldyr

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
I personally, don't have any idea what you're talking about good sir.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Well, looks like EA are back on form after seemingly getting better. I should have bet on it, heh.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Yes, you're getting screwed. You have my condolences, but that's about all I can offer since I already don't buy from EA. They might be taking out some frustration about the piracy that Russia has a reputation for out on their paying Russian customers, which if anything makes it a bigger load of bullshit.

Wyldyr

Apr 8, 2009
Now they made another official statement about this situation. It says that we must be grateful for their kind offer and actually we benefit form this. Though, they didn't come up with something to say about downloadable electronic version I wrote about yet.

Wyldyr

Apr 8, 2009
Ok, the situation in brief.

EA promised (on the offical site, in FAQ on the official site, in the game manual) that there will be 4 starter decks (BattleForge is a mix of collectible card game and an RTS), but all russian players got only one random deck. At first EA told us that it was a problem and they're fixing it, so we're gonna have all 4 decks. Two days later they said, no, that's not a problem at all,it's a special policy - russian customers pay less, so they get a crippled version of the game.
Though a version of the game with the same price as a DvD-boxed game is available for russians to purchase via internet download. And it has all 4 decks and 3000 points, instead of 2000 points.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Thats bloody outrageous!

In england they said nothing about having 4 starter decks (instead we got promo cards and 3000bf points). Tbh i thought they were standard in the game.

Theres little i can do to help, but you have my support.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Wait so you pay ca half of what the rest of the world is paying but you only get a quarter of what everyone else gets? So you are really paying twice as much per starter deck. That's just wrong.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I voted for "This is outrageous!"

However, I am inclined to post this in the spirit of the latter-most option...

Wyldyr

Apr 8, 2009
pffh said:
Wait so you pay ca half of what the rest of the world is paying but you only get a quarter of what everyone else gets?
That's right.

SODAssault said:

Thank you for your support, comrade! :D

megapenguinx said:
I have no idea what BattleForge is either.
Some online card game?
Oh and Welcome to the escapist!
It's a mix of RTS and collectible card game, made by Phenomic, creators of Spellforce.
Thank you :)

I'm not complaining or nothing, I just want to make more people realize what a citadel of evil Electronic Arts is.

Pain_Inflictor

Feb 6, 2009
That's EA for you, they mess up everything. Luckily I realized this a long time ago and stoped buying any EA goods whatsoever.

Wyldyr

Apr 8, 2009
Pain_Inflictor said:
That's EA for you, they mess up everything. Luckily I realized this a long time ago and stoped buying any EA goods whatsoever.
Well, yeah. But I really like the games EA publishes. it's almost impossible to not play Dead Space, C&C, Spore etc. And BattleForge is really, really good.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
SODAssault said:

It's a bear calvary! EA is fucked now.

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
Damn you EA, why did you have to corrupt poor old Phenomic? Why?

Aside from my personal sorrow at EA's purchase of that fine German game studio this sort of thing isn't without precident from EA is it?