The Fallout 3 Marriage Proposal Mod

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Fallout 3 Marriage Proposal Mod

A woman looking for a unique way to propose marriage to a hardcore Fallout 3 fan came up with an unusual but rather cool idea: She talked the community into making a mod for her.

The plan started all the way back in June, when Bethesda forum user PuffyPuppy asked [http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1000697] if there was any possible way she could propose to her boyfriend from within Fallout 3. After a few twists and turns it was suggested that a mod for the PC version of the game would be the way to go and, modding types being what they are, the game was soon afoot. With voice files provided by the hopeful bride-to-be, work began on the 1+1=1 mod, which was eventually completed in August.

The mod is a fairly straightforward "damsel in distress" rescue mission, with the victim proposing marriage once she's saved from a vicious gang of Raiders. There's a vague creepiness about the whole thing, although I can't tell if I'm gazing into the uncanny valley or just stumbling over the "post-apocalyptic love slave" line. Whatever the case, he said yes, she cried, they kissed and everybody went home happy. Ain't love grand?

Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/09/03/the-fallout-3-marriage-proposal/]

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Thats very sweet and odd awwwww.

Edit - Ok the end to the second video is....strange so is Bubbles her dog or something?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I'm not gonna lie. That was creepy.

Honestly though I would have just rearrange Nuka-a-Cola bottles to spell "Will you marry me?". But that is just me.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Sparrow said:
Love or not, someone needs voice acting lessons.
Bwahaha! I was going to take the high road, but I'm glad someone else didn't!

Seriously though, this was pretty cool! I would have totally done this to propose to my wife...if she actually played games.
But she doesn't.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
What if you were playing as an evil charachter? Wouldn't that mean that you ignore it? If you were good then you'd obviously save her...but if your evil?

I'm probably thinking about this the wrong way

Aug 27, 2009
RossyB said:
What if you were playing as an evil charachter? Wouldn't that mean that you ignore it? If you were good then you'd obviously save her...but if your evil?

I'm probably thinking about this the wrong way
I think she's a slave...

BeefSteak

Oct 3, 2007
I'm sure she wouldn't have been quite so impressed if he Mezzed her, slapped on a slave collar and sent her to Paradise Falls...

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Sparrow said:
Thats all I was thinking throughout. It was painful.

Off topic, I swear your name used to have "Tag" on the end.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Yeah, her voice acting isn't any worse than the rest of the characters! :p

That was sweet, but very creepy. Love slave? uh... yeah... just creepy.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
My ears... Bleeding! please help.

But seriously, what the hell. Couldn't she just arrange nuka cola bottles into 'Will you marry me' or something?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Sparrow said:
Thats all I was thinking throughout. It was painful.

Off topic, I swear your name used to have "Tag" on the end.
Indeed it did. The powers of the mods let me have my one worded name ;D