The Fallout 3 Marriage Proposal Mod

InfernoJesus

Aug 18, 2009
You'd have to be a pretty hardcore gamer to appreciate getting proposed to through a video game mod.

As has been mentioned before, her voice is really creepy.

Dread Pirate Pete

Aug 26, 2009
Interestin stuff :D

Bit wierd and creepy though.

It dose make me wonder about the possibility of compleatly personalised in game material though, Like your character being passed a note by a mysterious stranger in a taver to remind you of a real world job interview if you happen to be playing the game half an hour before it is to start, or maby all of the crew on the space ship you are a space marine on having a birthday party for you on your real life birthday (Happy 20th Birthday Master Chief... Now get back to killing aliens :). OR you get an important email whyle playing Warhammer 40000 Space Marine (a game I cannot wait for) and your chapter commanders holigram pops up and says you have recived important new information and he is patching it through to your HUD, so you can pause the game and read it without having to leave the game and go to your inbox.

piez13

Sep 2, 2009
It's totally AWESOME. Also unique with a dash of creepy. Although h I think the creepiness comes from the game's Uncanny Valley.

Look at them stare!

Hurray for the Kaiser guy.

Redliph

Aug 28, 2009
Insanum said:
Geeky, Yes.

Made Of Win, Yes.

I still think he shouldve proposed to her thos, Just cos im all old fashioned like that.
I am glad I am not the only person who thought that when I read this story. She proposed to him? Wow, what a real man this guy must be... I mean c'mon...

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
That looks like a good mod, although the voice acting is laughable. I really want to see what she says if you say no.

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Umm....so many thoughts running through my head but I guess if she's willing to stay with him through the apocalypse, good for him! (plus she can code wicked mods)
I think she got the community to do it for her or at least that's what I interpreted from the article.

OT: Good lord, that creeped me out. Not only would I not marry the "wasteland love slave" I'd change my face, name and get out of town.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
And they say romance is dead.
Still, it is slighty weird. But not as weird as this Katamari themed wedding http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/katamari-wedding-1.jpg

at0mict0ast

Jul 23, 2009
My first thought, mez her, slap a slave collar on her, and send her to paradise falls.

That's just me though...

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Part 2 of that video is hilarious. If he would have said no, the girl would have disappeard and spawned a monster to kill him.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
BeefSteak said:
I'm sure she wouldn't have been quite so impressed if he Mezzed her, slapped on a slave collar and sent her to Paradise Falls...
So...if...he...married...her?

Redliph said:
Insanum said:
Geeky, Yes.

Made Of Win, Yes.

I still think he shouldve proposed to her thos, Just cos im all old fashioned like that.
I am glad I am not the only person who thought that when I read this story. She proposed to him? Wow, what a real man this guy must be... I mean c'mon...
Mmmm feeding into Gender stereotypes. That always gets me a little horny when people show how close minded they are.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Thazz just odd. And my ears hurt ALOT. Just too many things about this making it creepy but good for them. (Shudders)

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
ae86gamer said:
Thats... sweet, but beyond creepy. And that lady voice lessons.
Indeed... something not quite right about it.

George144 said:
Awwwww that's sweet, unlike the Halo marriage which was just creepy.
I've not seen that one, but I'm guessing seeing one hulking space marine get down on one knee and propose to another hulking space marine isn't the most natural thing in the world, heh.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Have you seen part 2? If you refuse to marry her she turns into a Deathclaw :S