BioWare Will Continue to Make PS3 Games

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
BioWare Will Continue to Make PS3 Games

After its experience with Dragon Age: Origins. BioWare is to continue developing games for the PS3.

Traditionally, BioWare has been fairly focused on Microsoft platforms, whether the PC or the Xbox, but following the multi-platform release of Dragon Age: Origins, the company seems keen to continue to work on titles for the PS3.

"We have quite a few people working in-house," said co-founder Greg Zeschuk. "We think it's one of the key platforms, obviously, so we're definitely going to be doing PS3 ... It was great going through the experience of making Dragon Age, getting familiar with and understanding the PS3. Again, every platform is different, but now I think we're at the position where future PS3 stuff will be really solid."

It seems likely that future BioWare projects will appear on the PS3 as well as on the Xbox 360 and PC, which is good news, both for BioWare, and for Sony aficionados.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177100]

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Well I don't see why not.

I also heard that the 360 version of Dragon Age looked the worst. Maybe they rushed it.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Erm, ok? I'm alittle surprised - I thought they already released games on the PS3...?

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
That's FANTASTIC!!! I don't mean to sound like a quivering fanboy here, but...
[HEADING=2]YAAAAAAAAAY!!![/HEADING]

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Well it's not like it's a bad thing for anyone. Ps3-owners get more good games. BioWare get more consumers, Xbox-owners and PS3-owners get more games to discuss where both parts experience the games. The only people who loose on this are Xbox-fanboys, but I don't care about the fanboys-war so they don't count.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Psychosocial said:
CountFenring said:
So ME3 on PS3? I think it's a little too late for ME2.
Yeah, releasing the third part of an insanely story driven series sounds like one hell of an idea. I'm sure Bioware have other games than Mass Effect being worked on.
Of course they do, just I don't know what they are.

Razavn

Jun 2, 2009
Sweet...I have both a 360 and a PS3. I did not play my PS3 for the first year that I got it as I perfered the 360 but now I have really taken an interest in the PS3 (I bought Dragon Age: Origins and MW2 for it) and I think it is now my favorite system....

I have Mass Effect and I have played Jade Empire and I really love Bioware...I am thrilled they are going to start making games for the PS3.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
That's good news. I don't own a PS3, but any news of companies going multi-platform makes me happy. Maybe there will be a KOTOR release on the PSN. Now if only we can get a MAG port on the Xbox or PC. :)

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
nilcypher said:
It seems likely that future BioWare projects will appeal on the PS3 as well as on the Xbox 360 and PS3, which is good news, both for BioWare, and for Sony aficionados.
Was this meant to be appear?

Anyway, I'm glad. Bioware needs to make more big bucks.

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
nilcypher said:
It seems likely that future BioWare projects will appear on the PS3 as well as on the Xbox 360 and PS3, which is good news, both for BioWare, and for Sony aficionados.
Isn't that supposed to say "PC"?

Anyhoo, that's great news, considering that I have sunk several hours into every single Bioware game I've gotten (admittedly only three, but still) and Dragon Age was really good. So if they are just getting started on "really solid" games for the PS3 then that's simply excellent.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
SilentHunter7 said:
That's good news. I don't own a PS3, but any news of companies going multi-platform makes me happy. Maybe there will be a KOTOR release on the PSN. Now if only we can get a MAG port on the Xbox or PC. :)
Isn't Zipper a Sony owned studio?

OT, I'm glad Bioware is making more ps3 titles. The Dualshock is my preferred controller.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
That's nice of them. If it is indeed a little too late for ME2 (unless they have secretly being beavering away on the PS3 version and just not mentioned it yet), then perhaps PS£ owners will get to play ME3 as well.

The next announcement Bioware will make is that, following the marketing for Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2, each subsequent game they make will have at least one oh-so-hardcore trailer with a "rawk" soundtrack on top of the more traditional ones we have come to expect.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
CountFenring said:
So ME3 on PS3? I think it's a little too late for ME2.
I think Microsoft will buy the rights to Mass Effect from Bioware to ensure it stays on the Xbox / PC. After all Mass Effect 1 was a huge seller and with Mass Effect 2 on the way I don't think it will be any different.