Take The Escapist Girl Power Quiz

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Take The Escapist Girl Power Quiz

Some people say videogames are a boy's club, but these ladies might disagree.

This week, we'll be reviewing Bayonetta, the new action title featuring the lovely and dangerous (and quite possibly bat-shit crazy) main character of the same name. In recognition of this newest member of the glam squad, this week's quiz is all about those digital members of the fairer sex.

You may notice that some particularly well-known characters are missing from the quiz - you'll find no Lara, no Peach, no Alyx, no Samus, no Jade. While they're all great gals, they tend to get all the glory when it comes to talking about female characters, so we've sidelined them this time around.

As always, you can take as long as you like on the quiz, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboards.

When you're done taking the quiz, make sure you tell us who your favorite female videogame character is. As for mine, you need look no further than my avatar.

(Take the Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/51])

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
woot! 90%! and I only played like 4 of those games. The rest I just knew from hearing about.

Favorite female: At this point, I have no clue.

Figured it out!

Wild Flower from Jade Empire

She's a demonically possessed little girl! By 2 demons at once!

or Alma from F.E.A.R.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Christ I bombed on this one... 20%

Favorite female character is Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
That was quite tricky for me, since I've only ever played Mirror's Edge out of the list of games in that quiz.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Hmmm my favorite is a draw between Samus and Agrias (Who I was pleasantly surprised to see in this quiz)

70% Not too bad.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Oh dear, I got 2 out of 10! >_<

I guess I know nothing about girls in videogames... but hey, at least a separate quiz said that I knew girls inside-out in real life :p

My favourite female videogame character is Alyx Vance, she's much more likeable as a personality than other characters.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
80% on the first go...not bad.

My favorite female character....recently, Morrigan...Dragon Age...mmmm

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
20% :.

I don't think I've played any of those games. I knew the Mirror's Edge answer and guessed some other one correctly

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
70% first go around, currently in the top three! (not that it will last long there :p)

Favourite female character for me would probably be Nabooru of the Gerudo.

Zweiblumen

Mar 21, 2009
I got 10%, and it was a guess. I have not played a single one of those games, nor have I heard most of the names.

As for favourite female character, I kind of liked Kerrigan from SC (both before and after her incident). I can't really think of a female character in a game that I haven't found at least slightly annoying. At least I can't remember one (except for Kerrigan).

Actually, also Jan Ors, from when I played Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast

That said, the male characters aren't always intriguing either. Though my favourites are much more that, favourites (rather than just not annoying among a lot of annoying characters).

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
30%. That's slightly above average considering there was nothing even remotely familiar to me in there.

Favourite female? Hmm, that's tricky. For nostalgic reasons I'm gonna go with Nikki from Pandemonium for now. ^^

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
6out of 10, knew some guessed the rest.

As for favorite female Virgina Maxwell from Wild Arms 3, she started out inexperienced and a bit dense but develops into a capable leader for her 4 man drifter squad.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well I bombed that one. 20% yeesh.
As for favourite female game character... IDK, um... I've never really thought about it before. Although special mention does go to Samus Aran, really badass bounty hunter.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
5/10. I guess I don't know my video game women.

Oh, and look no further than my avy for my favorite female game character.