Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 1

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 1

Shamus Young ventures into the land of Middle Earth with his "heroic" Hobbit.

Read Full Article

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Oh cool! I loved this game while I played it. I found it better than WoW in all respects. What really made it for me was RP, which I'm glad to see you're doing right now ;)

Hell, I even gave up levelling at around 46 just to RP with my fellow Redwolds.

Love Tolkien, too, and this game's the most faithful recreation of his world I've seen; moreso than the movies.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009

Interesting read, even tho I only "skimmed" through it. I will probably read it tomorrow when I have the time.

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
This is great! I can't wait to read more. I hope you stick with it for awhile -- I'd like to see your take on things outside the Shire.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
This looks like it is going to be entertaining XD Look forward to seeing where this will go!

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
This looks brilliant, i've been a fan since DM of the Rings and eagerly await more good stuff!

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Ursus Astrorum said:
AndyFromMonday said:

A good read, can't wait to see more of the adventures of Lulzy.

Hell yeah! I got Gimli!

OT - I hope this one's a keeper, I haven't laughed quite so much for a very, very long time :)

EDIT - BAH! Damn ninjas. My picture's better, though, so nyaah :p

DogofRaw

Apr 24, 2009
Quick, I must find a picture of Gimli with his axe embedded in an Uruk Hai's nervous system before someone else does...

Apr 28, 2008
If this turns out to be as funny as your DM of the Rings, I will be a very, very happy person.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I have to say the the concept of "Let's Play..." series really lend themselves better to a video format. Still, this was quite well done, even if it was done with text and screenshots for some reason.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Ah, I love these things. I expect I'll be clicking on this whenever it hits the main page.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Welcome to Middle Earth :) .. and I love the Gandalf pic. Thankfully the game isn't quite that strict on entrance requirements to stuff, but it's still a pretty strong point of contention for the few places it's used.

And good choice on the lady hobbit.. I've got 3 of them including my main (Lexalea Lilypetals on the Landroval server) and, really, you just can't beat how cute they are. Certainly not a rear end I mind staring at for long stretches of time. :)

By the way, which server are you on, if you don't mind me asking?