Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 1

Gingerman

Aug 20, 2009
This made me really want to re sub to LOTRO for some odd reason. Meh cant complain twas a good game.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
This is going to make me pick up my little Hobbit Burglar if I read the rest, which seems to be the plan right now.

Enjoyable read, I liked this game and I love LotR, eagerly awaiting more from Lulzy.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Chipperz said:
You see, his armor is intricately detailed, cool, and fairly practical. Why the hell can't RPG's do something more like that with their armor?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
-Stranger- said:
Chipperz said:
You see, his armor is intricately detailed, cool, and fairly practical. Why the hell can't RPG's do something more like that with their armor?
LOTRO actually does do this with their armour. hehe Heavy armour actually looks like heavy armour, and it looks that way whether you have a male or female avatar. :)

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
StriderShinryu said:
-Stranger- said:
Chipperz said:
LOTRO actually does do this with their armour. hehe Heavy armour actually looks like heavy armour, and it looks that way whether you have a male or female avatar. :)
They have free trial, right?

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
-Stranger- said:
StriderShinryu said:
-Stranger- said:
Chipperz said:
They have free trial, right?
I was just thinking that.

Play a female character, that actually wears armor? Inconcievable!

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
I can see this turning into the funniest thing on the Escapist.

I love your work Shamus. Keep it up!

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
That was an awesome read. I think I may look for a trial and do a little "dwarfing" myself.

Toastngravy

Jan 19, 2009
Hrmm...
You know what would be awesome? If someone would purchase me a long subscription time so I can play it again and maybe level up. (Take the hint! /love )

I played the beta, and i came back around some..festival thingy. I won the horse race.
Although I forget what my main character was, the name, even what server it was on. The last one won't be hard to figure out.

Although yes, rather humorous and accurate perspective on it. I'll be twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next one.

pcuccurello

Mar 19, 2009
This is way too funny :) Please keep up the good work. I cannot imagine you keeping this up all the way to Dol Guldur, but I will enjoy as many of the laughs along the way as you can provide.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
I lol'd @

"...shaped like a dumpling? Hey baby you got any fries to go with that bowl of yogurt?"

I'd try it but right now I kinda wraped up in War of Legends, Bayonetta, and Maplestory.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I might just have to give this game a try. I'm looking forward to this new series "star on chest" was good though, he will be missed.

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
Chipperz said:
Ursus Astrorum said:
AndyFromMonday said:

A good read, can't wait to see more of the adventures of Lulzy.

Hell yeah! I got Gimli!

OT - I hope this one's a keeper, I haven't laughed quite so much for a very, very long time :)

EDIT - BAH! Damn ninjas. My picture's better, though, so nyaah :p

I have high hopes for this, I very much enjoyed your Let's Play of Champions Online. Let's see what interesting and potentially hilarious situations Lulzy will be dragged into...

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
That was hilarious. Well done.

Two questions though:
1) At the end, did you say your character was killed? Because this thing has a "Part 1" slapped on the end of the title, so I'm assuming there's going to be more. Unless you make another character, I must have been mistaken.
2) Your hobbit likes shoes? It's been a while, but don't hobbits hate shoes? They always go barefoot everywhere and hate constricting their feet, so why would lulzy like shoes? And why is she wearing some in screenshots?