Xbox Live is "More Juvenile" Than PlayStation Network

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Xbox Live is "More Juvenile" Than PlayStation Network

Ben Jones of Zipper Interactive [http://www.amazon.com/MAG-Playstation-3/dp/B001COV1CY/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280257698&sr=1-1] says Xbox Live is "more juvenile" than the PlayStation Network, which is better suited to the upcoming MMO shooter.

MAG is a PlayStation 3-exclusive online FPS supporting up to 256 players divided into squads, platoons and companies, with squads commanded by players who have advanced through the game's ranking system. Naturally, that kind of game requires a certain degree of communication and cooperation between the players and Jones thinks that's something better left to the PlayStation crowd.

"I actually consider PlayStation [http://www.xbox.com/live] audience definitely fits more to our game."

"As we saw in the beta, we've got an audience that's willing to communicate and willing to organize and structure, and help other people to play the game," Jones said. "That's the most remarkable thing that I saw in the beta - random people helping other players along to try and familiarize themselves with this really cool experience."

So what do you say, Xboxers? Are you really more low-browed and foul-mouthed than your PlayStation brethren, or is this just PR-speak from someone a company that sold its soul to Sony?

MAG comes out in North America on January 26 and in Europe on January 29.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
So what do you say, Xboxers? Are you really more low-browed and foul-mouthed than your PlayStation brethren, or is this just PR-speak from someone a company that sold its soul to Sony?
More foul-mouthed? I have no idea what the fuck he means by "more juvenile".

On a more serious note, though, I do think he's full of it. The only real difference between the playerbases is the exact content of the insults they fling at each other.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
I have a retort. Who cares.

Personally I don't like hearing people at all, because the majority of the time its too gloat or to be-little your skill

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
The only difference between Xbox Live and PSN is that fewer PSN users have a mic.

I bet that if everyone who bought a PS3 got a mic for free there would be just as much swearing as on Xbox live.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Its the games that create the dicks more so than the consoles or online services.

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Its nothing to do with the console.
Its whether people can handle being anonymous or not. Turns out that a few Xbox members cant.
Hubilub said:
The only difference between Xbox Live and PSN is that fewer PSN users have a mic.

I bet that if everyone who bought a PS3 got a mic for free there would be just as much swearing as on Xbox live.
and this

Andy Chalk said:
"As we saw in the beta, we've got an audience that's willing to communicate and willing to organize and structure, and help other people to play the game," Jones said. "That's the most remarkable thing that I saw in the beta - random people helping other players along to try and familiarize themselves with this really cool experience."
Has this man never heard of L4D...that Xbox exclusive that many people have to work together on

EDIT: A lot of people picked up on the xbox exclusive part. I was talking about consoles, most of microsofts products come out on the PC so pretty much nothing is xbox exclusive if you look at it that way. It might be "inferior" to the PC version, but the post was about Xbox 360 being more Juvenile than the PS3 so i was just showing that the xbox 360 community can work together. Like I have seen usually on this game!

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
God shut up. Its open beta, only the pros really want to play beta. As soon as you put it out on the main stream out come all the 13 year old whinners and dickheads. Same on every platform and every game. Only the really hard core try beta.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Hubilub said:
And when they do have a mic, they either speak a foreign language or you can't tell what the hell they're saying.

Uncle_Brainhorn

Dec 18, 2009
As stated, the only difference is few people have mics on the PS3.

As for the game itself, the only thing stopping the 360 from playing it is exclusivity rights.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Hubilub said:

This. And I could be wrong, but I think the number of Xbox 360 owners outweighs the total of PS3 owners, so yeah.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
PR of course. Granted there are a lot of assholes on Live (came across one just the other day in fact) but you get that no matter what platform, even the PC (*gasps*).

UltimatheChosen said:
On a more serious note, though, I do think he's full of it. The only real difference between the playerbases is the exact content of the insults they fling at each other.
Indeed. You go onto any game related site and you will see immature fans of both consoles.

wooty said:
Its the games that create the dicks more so than the consoles or online services.
So true. Well, to an extent. I didn't think people could be such assholes over a racing game of all things.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Cajt said:
Hubilub said:
And when they do have a mic, they either speak a foreign language or you can't tell what the hell they're saying.
Or they are 12-year olds saying obvious and annoying stuff like "Dude you just died" and "What? How did I die!?"

Calhoun347

Aug 25, 2009
Tattaglia said:
Hubilub said:

This. And I could be wrong, but I think the number of Xbox 360 owners outweighs the total of PS3 owners, so yeah.
That.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
A guy I regularly play Endwar with on the 360 plays all of his shooters on the PS3. He says that there is very little talking at all on PS3.

I guess dignified silence is better than kids singing and making stupid noises.

I find muting these illegitimate spawn and talking to the adults fixes things.

I wish there was an age filter for online communication. You could do it on the grounds of protecting kids from predators but it would instantly stop the annoying children whos parents think xbox live replaces baby sitters when out whoring for crack.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Xbox Live, more juvenile? What a riot. Didn't we just have a story not a week ago how some people were being harassed on Home, with the crouch emote? Seems rather immature to me...

I know a few Playstation 3 owners, and a good deal of them are griefers. So yeah, I'd have to say that the player bases are pretty much the same.

Hubilub said:

This is the only real difference between the two communities.

Freshman

Jan 8, 2010
I think he is pretty much right on the money. Even in games were teamwork is CRUCIAL like L4D, people run off on their own. If they put this on Xbox it certainly wouldnt work, but i dont know about the playstation crowd, so i cant say if it will work there either

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Hubilub said:
Cajt said:
Hubilub said:
Or they are 12-year olds saying obvious and annoying stuff like "Dude you just died" and "What? How did I die!?"
Indeed. And the above reasons are why I'll never bother to get a mic for my PS3.