Thief 4: It's Official

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Thief 4: It's Official

The worst-kept secret in the industry has been made official: Thief 4 is coming.

The announcement went live on the Rumors [http://eidosmontreal.com/en/index.html] surrounding the game's announcement have been swirling for weeks and while it was widely assumed that a new Thief title would be the studio's secret "second project," today's confirmation will be a source of happiness - and heated debate - for stealth fans everywhere.

"Were in the early development stages for Thief 4, but this is an incredibly ambitious project and a very exciting one," Eidos Montreal General Manager Stéphane D'Astous said. "It's too early for us to offer any specific game details, right now we are focused on recruiting the very best talent to join the core team at the studio and help us make, what we believe will be one of the most exciting games on the market."

Among the absent "specific game details" is information like platforms and release targets; the only real news available at the moment is the fact that Thief is alive and kicking. The official Thief 4 discussion forum [http://www.thief4.com/].

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
OMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Malygris said:
OMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD
PONIESSSSSSSSSSSS I mean THIEF 4!

Stegofreak

Aug 6, 2008
First thought: AWESOME!!
Second thought: Hmmm, will it be 1st or 3rd person
Third though: Who cares, it's Thief 4!

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Malygris said:
Yeah, pretty much.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
First thought: Nice!
Second thought: Why's it being spelt Thi4f?
Thrid thought: Oh crap... a repeat of Deus Ex 2?

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
It'd be pretty cool if it comes out in the next few years, and it'd be even better if it ends up kicking arse. I really would like a game like it for my hypothetical future gaming computer.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Great, if not unexpected news. Hopefully it will stay unique and won't steal too many elements from Assassins Creed.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Nice! I remember getting Thief 1 for my birthday when it first came out and jumping around the house in giddy happiness!

Doug said:
First thought: Nice!
Second thought: Why's it being spelt Thi4f?
Thrid thought: Oh crap... a repeat of Deus Ex 2?
I imagine it's being spelled "Thi4f" because someone in marketing thought it was clever.

And, just as a quick side note, I often hear a lot of flak for Deus Ex 2, but I rather enjoyed the game. I thought it was fun! But I suppose I'm in the minority.

Back on topic: Let's hope they do it right! Stealthy, you're not a tank, steampunk, less magic and fantastical crap. Why can't we have a medieval or steampunk stealth game what does NOT involve something supernatural? Sheesh.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
At first I was excited
Then Apprehensive
Then wondered if its gonna be Thief: the JRPG
Then I got bored & stopped caring

C-man101

Apr 19, 2008
i can't wait, i loved the old thief serie, so hopefully they are going to make it even better

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
I've never played any Thief game. Yet people who have similar tastes in games like me often said it was good. I'll definitely give this one a try. Even though stealth games make me fall asleep usually...