Thief 4: It's Official

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Ah, what a nice way to start a Monday. I think that my only stipulation would be that they retain the voice actor for Garrett, but I'm very excited to see what talented game designers could do with the IP with current technology.

And for God's sake: somebody tell Eidos that Thi4f technically is 'THIAF'?

EDIT: Checking the Thief 4 forums, they say it's just a working title, so hopefully somebody will recognize the ludicrousness of it all.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Oh god yes. I spent so many nights in bed with playing Thief 2 and 3. If this 4 can take 3 and make it as good as 2 with modern day-ish graphics, I will gladly give Eidos my cash.

Dentedgod

Jan 17, 2009
YAY!

Oddly, Just last friday, I was just listing my "all time favorite games" to a young gamer and I had to explain what "Thief" was.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
pigeon_of_doom said:
Great, if not unexpected news. Hopefully it will stay unique and won't steal too many elements from Assassins Creed.
that would suck because it would become and assassination game and less a thieving game.

BlindedWillowShadow

May 11, 2009
InProgress said:
I just hope they don't mess it up like they did with 3. That was bad.
i concur, it was the only one i played, but i understand that the others were the reason a Third was tried, hopefully the guys at Eidos hired a few of the original game designers from Looking Glass so that this one would be just as good( if not better than) Thief 2

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Desaari said:
What is a "Thiaf"? Or is it pronounced "Thifourf"?

Dectilon said:
Thi4f?!?

Why don't they just put "z0rz" at the end and be done with it...
That's the hardest I've laughed in a while, lol. "Thi4fz0rz!1"
Thi4fz0rz would indeed be an awesome (in a very bad way) title. I think I got turned off by numbers in titles after Driv3r and when everybody started to write Se7en for some strange reason. That doesn't even make any sense. Though I suppose you could argue that if you flip the 7 it could kinda look like a v. Perhaps.

Anyway, this is really good news. Number 3 really wasn't bad. So here's me hoping for a good game. And with that said, I also just noticed that a new Hitman is in the works. Yay!

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Malygris said:
The worst-kept secret in the industry has been made official: Thief 4 is coming.
Everythings the "worst kept secret" nowadays. That same phrase has been applied to 10 different games over the last month (If you're wondering, Forza 3, Kid Icarus Wii, Mvs.C 2, the beta for Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal 5, Guitar Hero: Van Halen, PsP Go! or whatever the internet is calling it, Lost Planet 2 on the Ps3, Six Days in Fallujah, and of course the port of MGSIV to the 360. Yes, some people are still harping about it).

On topic: Don't care, GIMME MY FUCKING HITMAN 5!!!! Syringes beat Blackjacks every time.
here u go [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.112683]

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
Garrett will not be back, I predict. If you remember the ending scene from 3 (if anyone made it through... I actually liked the game), he's old and stops a little girl from trying to pick his pocket.

So we can all assume Garrett will become teacher and this girl will become the protagonist. Hopefully they don't go the Tomb Raider route and make it all T&A focused. I would appreciate a realistic female heroine if they go that route.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
solidstatemind said:
I think that my only stipulation would be that they retain the voice actor for Garrett
Yes. Call me a fanboy, but no Stephen Russell, no Thief.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
God. I know it's already been pointed out several times, but I hope they don't keep that logo. If you're going to join the ranks of the "cool kids" and spell things with numbers, do try and replace the letters with numbers that actually look right. >_>

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Malygris said:
OMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD
Basically this.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Am I the only one who noticed that 3=E and 4=A? Thiaf=Thi4f Thief=Thi3f

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Thief is one of those games really close to my heart. It has a feel to it like it's a game that only I know about (you know that feeling). Sneaking into Shoalsgate Prison in the first game and breaking into the bank in the second game rank as two of my top levels of all time.

I'm ok with them trying something new for Thief 4. Imagine Assassin's Creed's free-running and climbing mechanics in a game that doesn't suck. Good stuff.

McGee

Mar 31, 2009
Thank God! My favorite series will come back to life! Now we just have to have Stephen Russell and rope arrows.