198: Love Triangle

Lady K

Apr 16, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
MURPHYCHACHO said:
I'm a girl, and I have never once felt even the slightest bit attracted to Pyramid Head. Take heart, my friends! We're not all insane!
Seconded.
Thirded, and I think that this bizarre attraction to PH is a mixture of many things. PH has become an outlet for a woman's sexual desires, which could either be in development or have been shut away for a long time. With sexual desires being put on tab, it could just be a want of gratification, to find some release for those desires. There is also the nuturing side of women that was mentioned. They see PH as this broken man and broody man whom they can change. Like 'Beauty and the Beast' as someone mentioned before.

Also this attraction to a rapist and murderer could be proof of a perversion of traditional values. Think about how in the sixties and many other times in history people were unsatisfied with the world around them and so the basically rebelled against old values, as more and more people took up drugs and sex while those were unspeakable things. You would see the ideal man of yester-year as someone who would sweep you of of your feet and wisk you away to happiness, love, and rainbows. Now, it follows a darker path. And it's not like sex is a taboo subject nowadays. One could look at the values of the 50's and watch as the once taut standards loosen until it becomes the norm for perversion to be around.

----

All seriousness aside, this kind of crap really freaks me out! I mean, I've grown up with very conservative views about how you should get a wholesome boy to be interested in, but this is the polar opposite of what I've been taught. This whole thing is just not good, no matter what excuses given.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I have been told by many a woman that I am too nice and after so many years of knowing many women in abusive relationships who won't give me the time of day I have come to the conclusion that most women are too stupid and gave up. As for humanity in general I relegate myself to more intellectual pursuits such as starting flame wars on forums while eagerly awaiting mankind's extinction.
As for Pyramid Head I was too scared by the first Silent Hill to finish it yet alone start the second one.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Nurb said:
the majority of women have rape fantasies. I don't know why they don't like this known, but it's true. I've got some female friends, and all of them have had desires to be 'raped' by sexy dangerous men. One of them is infatuated with the new Jason, and another likes the idea of being forced and manipulated by some savage beast.

I think it does have to do with the attraction to the dangerous and being scared. Why else would so many make themselves blind to the beginnings of an abusive relationship? It explains why thugs, criminals, and assholes have no shortage of women despite knowing they're going to be used and/or expoited.

I agree that it's something biological, but it seems to go against self-preservation, unless it goes back to the time when the guy that kills the most people proves himself to be the strongest.
I really, really, really, don't understand the female mind. Really. They want to be raped?! Thats even a contradiction in terms, surely? Add to that, Pyrimad head has a pyrimad for a head! World, please start making sense!

Add to that; why god why is power apparently so attractive?
(John Prescott for those of you who don't know)
I mean, seriously? He has a wife, and had an affair with his secretary!? The female half of the population really think he should be allowed to swim in the gene pool!?!

I mean, I can understand male power fantasties - after all, evolution directed us towards being the ones who had to runt for females, and the tribal leaders got the first pick of the women, so attraction to acquiring power and aggressive off-standing was an advantage, especially pre-speech days. I can sort of even understand the submissive fantasties of guys. But rape fantasties in general just make me wonder what on earth is wrong with our species.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Lady K said:
Susan Arendt said:
MURPHYCHACHO said:
I'm a girl, and I have never once felt even the slightest bit attracted to Pyramid Head. Take heart, my friends! We're not all insane!
Seconded.
Thirded, and I think that this bizarre attraction to PH is a mixture of many things. PH has become an outlet for a woman's sexual desires, which could either be in development or have been shut away for a long time. With sexual desires being put on tab, it could just be a want of gratification, to find some release for those desires. There is also the nuturing side of women that was mentioned. They see PH as this broken man and broody man whom they can change. Like 'Beauty and the Beast' as someone mentioned before.

Also this attraction to a rapist and murderer could be proof of a perversion of traditional values. Think about how in the sixties and many other times in history people were unsatisfied with the world around them and so the basically rebelled against old values, as more and more people took up drugs and sex while those were unspeakable things. You would see the ideal man of yester-year as someone who would sweep you of of your feet and wisk you away to happiness, love, and rainbows. Now, it follows a darker path. And it's not like sex is a taboo subject nowadays. One could look at the values of the 50's and watch as the once taut standards loosen until it becomes the norm for perversion to be around.

----

All seriousness aside, this kind of crap really freaks me out! I mean, I've grown up with very conservative views about how you should get a wholesome boy to be interested in, but this is the polar opposite of what I've been taught. This whole thing is just not good, no matter what excuses given.
Well, at least some of you are sane, heh. I just wish I could say the same about the male sex, heh.

Jakkar

Mar 22, 2008
A pleasure to see some more controversial writing on The Escapist...For those freaked out I'm afraid it's a fairly common trait of female sexuality. I've met few women who don't eventually admit to a degree of submission and to privately indulge in rape fantasy. Violence and sex appear to be intertwined, hardcoded into humans on a very deep level - I'm just glad as a male that I don't naturally possess the opposing fetish.

Point of note: Red Triangle differs significantly in his depiction between the games and the film - He's a more slender, toned, sultry character in the film, intended as somewhat more feminine. However, I've still hear a lot of positive feedback from female friends I've watched the movie with. I found him visually captivating myself - the mix of good body acting and CG worked beautifully - He seems all the more powerful and sexual with the 'blocky, stolid' heavyset maleness removed. Perhaps those masculine characteristics have simply gone out of fashion in recent years.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Jakkar said:
I've met few women who don't eventually admit to a degree of submission and to privately indulge in rape fantasy.
Submission, I can understand. But rape fantasy?! And if anyone else reads this, no they aren't the same.

Submission can easily be choosing to submit to a powerful figure - hence why BDSM is relativity popular.

Rape is being forced against your will.

Jakkar

Mar 22, 2008
Doug said:
Jakkar said:
I've met few women who don't eventually admit to a degree of submission and to privately indulge in rape fantasy.
Submission, I can understand. But rape fantasy?! And if anyone else reads this, no they aren't the same.

Submission can easily be choosing to submit to a powerful figure - hence why BDSM is relativity popular.

BDSM is a rather stylistic endeavor, violent melodrama, extreme constuming and implied threats in the form of reward/punishment and control methods. Rape fantasy - logically - appears simply an extension of the same desires and behaviours. Pain and harm will be inflicted if the victim does not submit to the intentions of the aggressor, in simple terms - That's half the definition of force in human experience.

Baseball and Cricket are different games, but they both involve smacking a thrown ball with a club and chasing it around a field =P

To clarify my sources, I'm deriving my deductions from conversation and experience with around fifteen women between the ages of 18-25 in the last few years - Which also comprises the majority of my close friendships, and provides my confidence in these assertions. In short, humans are animals - some are just more honest and in tune with that than others ;)

Hells, I've one friend-of-a-friend who spends most of her private time wishing she were in bed with Albert Wesker ._.

What better discussion for a website called 'The Escapist', hmm? ^^

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Jakkar said:
Doug said:
Jakkar said:

BDSM is a rather stylistic endeavor, violent melodrama, extreme constuming and implied threats in the form of reward/punishment and control methods. Rape fantasy - logically - appears simply an extension of the same desires and behaviours. Pain and harm will be inflicted if the victim does not submit to the intentions of the aggressor, in simple terms - That's half the definition of force in human experience.

Baseball and Cricket are different games, but they both involve smacking a thrown ball with a club and chasing it around a field =P

To clarify my sources, I'm deriving my deductions from conversation and experience with around fifteen women between the ages of 18-25 in the last few years - Which also comprises the majority of my close friendships, and provides my confidence in these assertions. In short, humans are animals - some are just more honest and in tune with that than others ;)

Hells, I've one friend-of-a-friend who spends most of her private time wishing she were in bed with Albert Wesker ._.

What better discussion for a website called 'The Escapist', hmm? ^^
There is a strict boundary between BDSM and rape. That boundary is 'if they say stop it, it stops'. Rape is a crime worse than murder; BDSM, whilst strange, is an alternative and valid choice.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
Haha. Okay. From my standpoint, I found this midly amusing. I understand how women would want a sexually violent person to force them, but, as it seems, its just wrong that people could actually say that about a created character who is simply violent. I also have a hard time believing that they actually would "want to have sex with him" scenrio. It seems to simply reinforce the notion of what the hell is going on with sexuality.

Sea Age

Mar 22, 2009
So this is what I have to do to attract women more efficiently? o_O Worth a try, I guess.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
the Pyramid Head is an amazing enemy. i've not played any of them but watched a friend play through Silent Hill 2. just th sound of the sword scraping along the floor was enough to raise the pulse but not in a sexual way. yes, he's awesome but i don't see what they do in him.

Feb 18, 2009
Therumancer said:
Here´s my thoughts exactly. Thank you for that.

Video games do seem to offer a safe way to play out even the darkest of our...hmm, passions, since they work in the area of fantasy. Of course, we have heard about some unfortunate events, where fantasy temporarily (and possibly even fatally) intrudes to reality, but I seriously doubt these girls would actually enjoy being raped.

It´s funny how we are not at all shocked, when a guy idolizes some violent serial killer, but freak out when heard about female fantasies. Now that we have come face to face with the strange and incomprehensible female psyche, for a change, we find ourselves standing awkward and confused in an unfamiliar territory, thinking "This can´t be right" (seriously, I hope not.) Well, we are strange beasts.

Sea Age said:
So this is what I have to do to attract women more efficiently? o_O Worth a try, I guess.
Yeah, I knew my PH costume would come in handy eventually. Gentlemen, grasp your...impractical head gears.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
It´s funny how we are not at all shocked, when a guy idolizes some violent serial killer...
Woah, hold the phone - who are you talking about? I've never seen guys idolising serial killers...? Did I miss something?

Feb 18, 2009
Doug said:
It´s funny how we are not at all shocked, when a guy idolizes some violent serial killer...
Woah, hold the phone - who are you talking about? I've never seen guys idolising serial killers...? Did I miss something?
Well alright, maybe "idolize" was a bit too exaggerated word. I was talking about general interest towards "dark individuals", and I don´t think it´s as uncommon as one liked to believe. I mean, how do you explain to appeal of characters like Dexter, Jack the Ripper, Hannibal Lecter, Gilles de Rais (not exactly a popular culture character). I dare say, it´s mostly males, who find themselves intrigued by these interesting individuals.

EDIT: Please, feel yourself welcomed to correct me, if I have mistaken.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Doug said:
Well alright, maybe "idolize" was a bit too exaggerated word. I was talking about general interest towards "dark individuals", and I don´t think it´s as uncommon as one liked to believe. I mean, how do you explain to appeal of characters like Dexter, Jack the Ripper, Hannibal Lecter, Gilles de Rais (not exactly a popular culture character). I dare say, it´s mostly males, who find themselves intrigued by these interesting individuals.

EDIT: Please, feel yourself welcomed to correct me, if I have mistaken.
Hmm... well... I admit, I find Jackal the Ripper interesting, because its a mystery to everyone as to whom he or she was. And sometimes I find, say, Sylar from heroes interesting, but this is intellectual couriously. I don't admire him or his acts. I find it interesting how he acts, the nature of him as both man and monster.

The youngsters might admire such people because, lets face it, the youngsters (under 16's) are impressed by alot because there still relativity new to the world, heh.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Lady K said:
Susan Arendt said:
MURPHYCHACHO said:
Seconded.

----

There are a couple of theories, Slate did an interesting one about how being sexually aroused during rape for women was an evolutionary development centuries ago. Back when things were less civilized, getting pregnant and having kids was a pretty high priority since everyone was dead by Age 30.

http://www.slate.com/id/1004368/

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Lady K said:
Susan Arendt said:
MURPHYCHACHO said:
Seconded.

----

There are a couple of theories, Slate did an interesting one about how being sexually aroused during rape for women was an evolutionary development centuries ago. Back when things were less civilized, getting pregnant and having kids was a pretty high priority since everyone was dead by Age 30.

http://www.slate.com/id/1004368/
Hmmm... makes sense, I suppose. Evolution has messed our species up quite alot, it seems.