200: War and Peace

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
I would glady frag them all, with every type of weapon I can. All these peace protester, dont they see that we are too many on earth. Need space... more warz I say.

Signed: A guy waiting impatiantly for the nuclear apocalypse.

Pietato

Mar 28, 2008
Regardless of the intent, the protesting is still griefing, and should be put down with extreme force by both sides. Friendly fire, votekick, and voteban are all completely unaffected by the distance the target's head is up its ass.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
i have never heard of a game needing more gore....

anyway they are all idoits less of idoits than most for not being against video game violence but idoits nonetheless for ruining some peoples gaming for not reason

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Beery said:
Dammit! There were heaps of us protesting in Star Wars Galaxies, years ago. Check out Cantina Crawl XII [http://vimeo.com/4287141]. Game protest is not a new thing.

Also, there is a severe lack of non-combat content in sandbox games. A lot of protest derives from that. Not all gamers are intent on killing. Some of us would like alternatives to the ubiquitous violence.
Do you know what your alternative is? Another game. Why the hell would ANYONE buy a game that pits two teams off to kill each other if they were so anti-war?

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
To begin with, I'll be fair and state that I am quite a peacenick myself, and by looks I appear a bit of a hippy. I'm white, but have natural dreadlocks, even if I wear normal clothes that's enough for some people to dislike me on site. Really though, that just works as an idiot-who-assumes-things deflector. And it is a mere assumption to say that since I am anti-war, I don't like war video games. I myself play Counter Strike and many other games in which you kill and worse.

I think that these people have the right to protest. If they're not playing a game properly, then I simply applaud them for doing what is within the rules to do. If you really want to implement a program that doesn't allow players to form their characters into a heart shape, then something's a bit wrong here.

Let them do whatever they like. This is the same as saying AFKers don't have the right to be AFK, even if it gets you a free kill. It's retarded to complain about this, really. They have freedom of play style, just the same as the world should have freedom of speech. Even if their play style means not trying to win at all, it is up to them how badly they play their game.

And while it's true that games teach us some level of what's real about the battlefield, like high death rates, that's not really an argument against political action in a game. These people are protesting the wars in real life, not the wars in video games. They're protesting unrealistic portions of violence in gaming, which is something plenty of fans do on Internet forums anyway.

I say, if that's what the people want to talk about, then bring it on. Because it's not actually something people can or will control on public servers.

Beery

May 26, 2004
Baneat said:
Why the hell would ANYONE buy a game that pits two teams off to kill each other if they were so anti-war?
SWG was (is) not solely about PvP. In fact, PvP was tacked on.

Orange_Clockwork

Oct 29, 2009
I'd have to stick onto the point of escapism, here. I play violent video games, because I perceive it's level of violence irrelevant. I know that when I'm shooting the gun, I'm clicking a mouse, I know that when I'm back stabbing someone in TF2 I'm clicking a mouse. I don't lose sight at what is happening, but I don't acknowledge the grotesque qualities of it.

For me, it's always just a game.