2012 Games That You WILL Buy

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
So lately my friends have been telling me that apart from obvious gems like Bioshock: Infinite and Mass Effect 3, there aren't really any great titles coming out this year. "Hah" I said and proceeded to prove them wrong. I made a video on Youtube about all the games I'm most likely to get this year:

While my skills with Movie Maker may not be that impressive, I still think the video makes my point; there are plenty of good titles to at least consider buying this year.

So, which games are you ready to buy this year? Not the ones you're interested in but the games you're prepared to fork out for right now.

Vrach said:
I'd be fine with it if you listed the games as well on the side for anyone that didn't care to waste 3.5 minutes of their time to see your list of choice. And not saying it's against forum rules or anything, just that I dislike it
Then for those of you who are too lazy to watch a three minute video, here's the featured games in a boring old list:

Mass Effect 3
Darksiders 2
The Darkness 2
Bioshock: Infinite
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Overstrike

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Only two off the top of my head, Bioshock: Infinite for sure, but the definite one im looking forward to is the NEW SSX! It seems like im in a select group who absolutely cannot wait for another SSX. The previous titles gave endless fun, so hopefully this one delivers :D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, there's the big two that I won't even bother mentioning because I've said them about a dozen times by now.

On top of that there's the Silent Hill collection for PS3 that I definitely want to grab. I'll also be getting Heart of the Swarm. I'm not big on RTSs, but I make an exception for Starcraft. Also, Journey if I can.

The rest are still in the "interested" or "buy later for less" categories.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I'll eventually get Mass Effect 3, but I'm not super excited about it, I'm one of the ones who didn't like the direction ME2 took. I'm expecting Mass Effect: Beach Volleyball.

I am however super excited about Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. Super, super excited. Pre-order excited.

I might get the Hitman game, but it doesn't look very Hitman to me. Wait for reviews by fellow grognards.

I'll have a look at Rainbow Six: Patriots, because it has an interesting concept behind it, but while Vegas 2 was a decent cover based shooter, when you have a legacy like Raven Shield it is hard to live up to that.

Xenonauts might be released in 2012, that would be good.

I'm not a fan of Borderlands or Bioshock, especially Bioshock: Infinite where you will be playing the worst kind of souless murdering villain, a fucking Pinkerton.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
Reckoning. For a long time, I've been wanting to play a game that combines the awesome character customization of an RPG (Do I want to shoot my enemy with ice arrows and then close in to melee distance for the kill, or do I just want to smash shit with my giant flaming hammer of death?) with the satisfyingly challenging twitch gameplay of the likes of Devil May Cry, complete with such moments as stopping an assault mid-combo to dodge an otherwise fatal attack, followed by promptly raining a beatdown on whoever the attack came from.

Speaking of Devil May Cry, I'm also getting DMC HD Collection. I've only played 3 and 4 (never owned a PS2), and I'm looking forward to playing DMC1, and a version of DMC3 that doesn't give me some bullshit "original game disk could not be found or verified" message, when said disk is in the drive.

And if it comes out this year, Heart of the Swarm.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I'll probably get one of these three: Far Cry 3 (assuming Ubisoft don't screw up the PC port), Bioshock Infinite, Kingdom Hearts 3D.
If Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney gets localised, though, I'll definitely get that.
I'm only getting one "major" game all year, though. Those are the most likely four.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Oh, I can think of quite a few, just off the top of my head:

Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Ni No Kuni
Heart of the Swarm
Twisted Metal (seriously, why has no one posted this yet?)
Pokemon Grey (if it comes out this year)
Persona 5 (if it comes out this year)
Kingdom Hearts 3D
And last, but not least, the Pandaren expansion for WoW.

2012 looks to be a good year, from my standpoint, at least.

Ragnarok185

Oct 14, 2011
Mass Effect 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Street Fighter X Tekken
Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm

these games I will buy no matter what anyone says about them.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Risen 2: Dark Waters and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is about the only ones I can think of so far. They will be for the PC. I have no idea if anything else is going to interest me this year, I'll have to wait and see.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Soul Calibur V - I'm actually planning to preorder it later this week. Sure, Xiba can go fuck himself, but this next tale of swords and souls looks to potentially be one of my favourite instalments in the series.

Prey 2 - Assuming it doesn't get delayed into next year for some reason. From what I've seen of previews, it's basically what I wanted the old "Star Wars: Bounty Hunter" to be like.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations - As dumb as Naruto can yet, I've always enjoyed their Playstation games, especially the Storm titles. With Generations merging the first and second games' rosters, and then some, I am eagerly awaiting it.

Can't think of anything else on my game radar that I know I want this year. "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" looks like it has potential, but I'm still not quite sold on it. I just have this really bad feeling that it will ultimately turn out bland.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Definitely:
Risen 2
Bracken Tor
The Last Crown
Amber's Blood
Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Rhem 5 (if it's out)

Maybe:
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
Asylum
Jack Keane 2
Secret Files 3
Louisiana Adventure
Mass Effect 3 (Nah not really)

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
there making a new ssx? awesome i enjoyed ssx tricky alot i love snowboarding games! gunna get it also i guess maybe ffXIII-2

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Persona 4 ultimate in mayonaka arena
Dead or Alive 5
Soul Calibur 5

these are my only definite purchases this year so far but I am sure I will get many more, probable ones already include:-

Dark Souls
Skyrim
FFXIII-2
Asuras Wrath
Warriors Orochi 3
Kaizoku musou
Bioshock Infinite

of course I will have to wait for the price to drop in these ones as moneys tight so it could be a while before I buy them yet.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
There are a ton of games I want, but which ones will I buy? I can't really predict that since I get things so randomly, well, Mass Effect 3...