2012 Games That You WILL Buy

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I can already tell it's going to be a good year.

Lollipop Chainsaw
Bioshock: Infinite
Mass Effect 3
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Persona 4: The Ultimate: In Mayonaka Arena (Hopefully it comes out this year)
Persona 4: The Golden (Same for the Ultimate)
Jak & Daxter Hd collection
Hitman: Absolution
Xenoblade Chronicles? I don't know, have not heard anything about it.

And, Hopefully, PERSONA 5! Please Atlus!!!

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
MercurySteam said:
Vrach said:
MercurySteam said:
[sub]Even if you don't feel like posting in the thread then at least watch the video[/sub]
Actually, I'd be glad to respond, but the shameless self promotion is what I don't pay attention to, rather if you listed the games as a thread starter :p
I'm not making an actual profit, so The Escapist says it's allowed. Some people like to open with witty dialogue or a funny image. I just thought that a good video with awesome music would be more appreciated than just listing the games like most people do.
And I'd be fine with it if you listed the games as well on the side for anyone that didn't care to waste 3.5 minutes of their time to see your list of choice. And not saying it's against forum rules or anything, just that I dislike it (especially as you asked people to check out the video even if they have no interest in the thread), no offense :)

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Mass Effect 3.
Can't think of any others. Normally I'd add the hot new Halo release to the list but frankly I'm not thrilled by the idea of a whole new Halo trilogy, I'll just stick with the old one.

XSin

Jul 21, 2009
Borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider, I loved Borderlands and the trailers for tomb raider have looked like something I'd actually play, having never played a previous tomb raider game

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Mass Effect 3 is the only definite buy for me. Of games that are being released in 2011, that is. There is a backlog of titles released earlier that I will buy also. Skyrim is one of those, as is L.A Noire.

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
Only one game so far has my attention and that is the New Hitman. I might get Twisted Metal too.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
The only one that I can think of is Twisted Metal, and only if they didn't ruin it.
Maybe DMC HD, but i'm not so sure yet.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Halo 4, because I want to see where 343i is taking the story.
Assassin's Creed 3, because I want to see where Ubisoft is taking the gameplay.
Mass Effect 3. Because BioWare.

Those are the 3 that I will blindly purchase immediately upon release.

Lawlhat

Mar 17, 2009
The Darkness II (Preordered)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Max Payne 3
Bioshock Infinite
Metro: Last Light
Dear Esther
STALKER 2 (I hope)

I am going to be very poor by the end of the year it seems.

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I find the lack of Tales of Graces F disturbing

Anywho, I'm holding off on playing new titles for a little while. First, I have a backlog of games i need to work through. Second, I am taking 18 credits this quarter. I do have games preordered, but I won't be playing them until the quarter is done.

Have Preordered:
Tales of Graces f
Tales of the Abyss 3ds

Will wait for reviews:
Mass Effect 3
Syndicate
Street Fighter x Tekken
Soul Calibur V
Resident Evil: Revealtions
Paper Mario 3ds
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Halo 4
Another fallout game

Games I have no interest in:
Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning
Another Elder Scrolls Game
Another Call of Duty
Another Battlefield

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Borderlands 2
Diablo 3
Guild Wars 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Bioshock Infinite
Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning
Lollipop Chainsaw

I think that's all since I can't really remember what's all coming out and I'm probably missing a few.

EDIT: A part of me should be saying Silent Hill: Downpour and the Collection, but I can't seem to give a shit about them.

Kanova

Oct 26, 2011
Only game I really want right now is Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. Don't even give a shit about Mass Effect or Bioshock. Never got into ME and Bioshock was always a chore to play. Pass.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Vrach said:
MercurySteam said:
Vrach said:
MercurySteam said:
[sub]Even if you don't feel like posting in the thread then at least watch the video[/sub]
Actually, I'd be glad to respond, but the shameless self promotion is what I don't pay attention to, rather if you listed the games as a thread starter :p
I'm not making an actual profit, so The Escapist says it's allowed. Some people like to open with witty dialogue or a funny image. I just thought that a good video with awesome music would be more appreciated than just listing the games like most people do.
And I'd be fine with it if you listed the games as well on the side for anyone that didn't care to waste 3.5 minutes of their time to see your list of choice. And not saying it's against forum rules or anything, just that I dislike it (especially as you asked people to check out the video even if they have no interest in the thread), no offense :)
You're right about the 'shameless advertising' bit, but I'd like to think that if you want to put the effort into reading the OP, a three minute video shouldn't be too hard to process. Just in case, I'll include the list in the OP, which is actually in the description of the video anyway.

I even removed that line from the OP that you despised so much. Now will you please stop harassing me over something so insignificant?

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
Mass Effect 3 is the only one right now that I intend to buy at or close to launch. There will be more, for sure, but nothing that is a definite buy.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
Starcraft 2 Hots
Skyrim (Yes I am late to the party)
Saints Row 3rd with a huge asterisk
GTA5? again, with a huge asterisk.

That's it really.

Jack Da Ripper

Mar 15, 2009
Not sure if this has been mentioned before ,but top of the list for me is Crusader Kings II

I guess also Mass Effect III I want to see the end of the story, despite Bioware pissing me off with Dragon Age II. Other than those two games I should probably look more into what is comming out this year, usually I just wait now and grab whatever looks good and is on sale of Gamersgate/Steam.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
lacktheknack said:
Unless Castle Story comes out this year SQUEEEEEEEEE SO EXCITED
If you mean the same Castle Story that involves floating islands and little yellow dudes building castles, then I definitely want that too. Wanted it the moment I saw gameplay.

So, yeah. If Castle Story comes out, then that, definitely.