2015: What games are you looking forward to?

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Both of the Final Fantasy's (even though I don't have a PS4 yet), the next expansion of Final Fantasy XIV, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, MAYBE Battlefield Hardline, and a few others whose names escape me at the moment.

Gustavos

Jul 19, 2009
As far as "gotta have 'em" games, all I can see at this point is Zelda for Wii U. I spend so much time playing the hundreds of games I haven't gotten around to, that a game really needs to grab my attention to warrant the full cost, like Smash brothers on Wii U, and Bayonetta 2. In fact, I don't think I've experienced the "gotta have 'em" games in recent years until 2014 with that system.

There are plenty that I'll keep an eye on. Persona 5 has oh so many ways to screw up thanks to our ever growing expectations. How about one more bad game featuring the casts of characters they still can't seem to write like they used to? Witcher 3 might have my attention as well. I've been playing the first one, and I'm not impressed with its storytelling or gameplay. That stinks because there's nothing else to this adventure that they've put an emphasis on.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Let's see.

Pillars of Eternity is the first that springs to mind. Tides of Numenera if that is coming out in 2015. If it is, it might be delayed. Star Citizen? I haven't been following that. All those are Kickstarter games, so call it excited, yet skeptical.

Other than that? No Man's Sky, and I suppose Witcher 3.

Casual Shinji said:
I'm really looking forward to the REmake Remaster, since I never got to play it on the Gamecube and it's oh so close to release.

Other than that, MGS5 and Bloodborne, with a casual interest in Uncharted 4.
Bloodborne. Ahh... enjoy it for me, Shinji. I won't be getting it. I've chosen to invest in other areas which stopped me from getting a PS4. Console exclusives. It's irritating, but if Bloodborne turns out as good as it looks, then part of it will be because of the considerable resources Sony gave to FROM during the dev process.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
endtherapture said:
What games are you looking forward to in 2015, and what games are you actually looking forward to playing?

So far there's only 2 games I'm super anticipating to play myself - Pillars of Eternity, the party based CRPG from Obsidian, due out in February, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the open world story-driven action RPG from CDProjekt Red, due out in May so far. Fingers crossed they both come out undelayed and good.

However I am anticipating the launches of MGSV: The Phantom Pain, and FFXV, because they seem to have been both in development for quite a while and I'm interested in how they'll both control and play - open world being added to MGS, and a more action orientated approach to FF.
Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity are what I'm genuinely looking forward to as releases.
Most of the other stuff that has provoked interest is a long way from release and I'm just hoping to learn more about them.

Quite interested in learning more about the new streetfighter and hoping that mount and blade 2 will release a little more information that the regular once a year update they seem to be sticking to lately.
Hoping to see some more news about cyberpunk, but cdprojekt do deserve a rest after witcher 3 so I won't hold my breath.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
I read in a couple places TellTale is aiming to release Wolf Among Us season 2 in 2015, so that. Also, Arkham Knight, kind of. I guess it's more accurate to say I'm really hoping it's not a mess of buggy launch day failure. Then again, I don't buy on launch, so if it is, I hope they actually fix it by the time it's in my price range.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The three on my radar are:-

Final Fantasy XV
The Order 1886
Final Fantasy Type-0

Any others I guess will filter onto the list as the year goes on.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Zelda U is automatically my most anticipated game so far. Followed by Star Fox U, as long as you stay mostly in an Arwing of course. :p

I am interested in Uncharted 4, and maybe Metal Gear 5. I assume Halo 5 will come out in 2015, so that's something I can look forward to.

I would mention Majora's Mask 3D, but it's not a new game. Still excited to get it on 3DS of course. If the yearly trend continues, I will probably enjoy the Pokemon game that will come out for 2015.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I can think of a few, but I'm fairly certain no one else on this forum has them on their lists. In fact, I'd wager almost no one here even knows they exist. (which is a hell of a shame, given how promising they look)

But anyway, without further ado:

I'd given up hope, years ago, of ever seeing the Homeworld series continue. But then, Blackbird Interactive annou...actually, it's a long story. Suffice it to say, I'm hyped.

http://blackbirdinteractive.com/

Save for HW:SB above, I've rarely been as intrigued and excited over a new RTS game. The team behind this has some serious pedigree, and the mechanics they're working into the title sound fantastic.

https://www.greybox.com/greygoo/en/

I mean, come on. It's a game from some of the best people behind some of the best TellTale games. A game that's built entirely around the narrative. The team's described it as "The narrative structure of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us as told through the non-combat gameplay of Metroid". How can I not be at least a little intrigued?

http://www.firewatchgame.com/

This is the kind of horror game I've wanted for for years. Atmospheric, claustrophobic, with heavy, thematic sci-fi setting. It's like an 80's themed Dead Space mixed with Amnesia.

I REALLY can't wait to play this one.

http://www.lunar-software.com/

There are a few others, but these four are the ones I'm most anticipating. Unlike most other's lists thus far, there are barely, if any, triple-A titles I'm anticipating.

Feel free to call me a cynic or a gaming hipster, but I've gotten FAR more enjoyment out of the indie-gaming scene in recent years than I have from the triple-A offerings.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Zelda Wii U - After Skyward Sword's emphasis on laggy sword swinging (and Twilight Princess Wii getting wangle shoehorned in it), I'm hopping for a console Zelda that has a good control scheme, AKA one we haven't seen since the Gamecube era. At least they stopped making DS Zeldas touchscreen-only in time for ALBW.

Majora's Mask 3D - Ocarina 3D was nice, but this one is the better choice for a time sink and downplays the typical Zelda formula. So many ways to play MM exist. I can't wait to take this where ever I go.

I should be interested in the new Starfox, but holding that massive Wiipad up like a flight yoke/ viewing screen doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Other than those, I'll probably be looking more towards 2014's games dropping in price than anything coming out soon.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Mighty No. 9

Um...I guess Mortal Kombat just to see how they fuck it up even more

Hyper Light Drifter - oooh man the erection I have for this game!

Metal Gear Solid...Enter Title.

Zelda

Halo 5 - Again I'm curious to see how 343 fucks it up this time.

And...is that Cyber Punk game by CD Projekt still happening?

OH! And of course Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
- StarCraft 2's Protoss Expansion (Legacy of the Void I think?)
- Walking Dead: Season 3

Nothing besides that though. Even then, I'm not a hardcore SC2 player. I'll play the solo campaign and attempt to unlock most or all campaign achievements. I'm not even sure it's coming out in 2015 either.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The only two games that I know off the top of my head that I'm excited about are Bloodborne and The Walking Dead Season 3.

I feel like there are a few others that I'm blanking on that I know I want, but my mind isn't cooperating with me.

Oh, and Uncharted 4. I'm a little nervous about that game, but I'm hoping it turns out great.

SoreWristed

Dec 26, 2014
So far, i'm only looking forward to The order 1886. I got a ps4 only with the order and killzone in mind.
When Left4dead 3 hits i'll play it, but i can't say i'm eagerly anticipating it

But i'd be super stoked for some news on Beyond good & evil 2 and Mirror's edge 2.

SoreWristed

Dec 26, 2014
So far, i'm only looking forward to The order 1886. I got a ps4 only with the order and killzone in mind.
When Left4dead 3 hits i'll play it, but i can't say i'm eagerly anticipating it

But i'd be super stoked for some news on Beyond good & evil 2 and Mirror's edge 2.

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
- Witcher 3
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Witcher 3
- Killing Floor 2 (no specific release date but I hope it will be 2015)
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Did I mention I'm excited about Witcher 3?
- Half Life 3 (you never know ...)

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
- Zelda Wii U and Majora's Mask 3D
- Rime (despite not having a PS4)
- Grim Fandango HD (again, if I can find a way to play it)
- No Man's Sky (...I'm seeing a pattern here)
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Below
- Arkham Knight
- The Witcher 3
- Uncharted 4 (see above)
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Abzu
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

I'm also extremely excited for Wild(again, despite not having a PS4) but I doubt that game is a 2015 release.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Rise of the Tomb Raider

I liked Tomb Raider so I'm looking forward to where it goes from there.
The new Lara Croft is actually likeable so that?s a bonus.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Never liked the Witcher series and I doubt I will like 3 since the combat looks as shitty as before.
However I'm intrigued how CD Project will handle an open world.

Halo 5: Guardians

Unlike apparently most I actually enjoyed Halo 4 so again I?m not against wasting time in Halo 5.
343 was at least competent in their iteration of Halo unlike Bungie with Destiny.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I enjoyed every Uncharted so far and The last of Us. Looking at Naughty Dogs line up of past games even if they don?t cater to me I see a trust worthy developer that even if not delivering ground breaking new games at least delivers competent quality.

Tom Clancy?s The Division

UbiSoft sucks and I expect them to fuck up The Division as well. Still I can?t help being excited about the idea.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

The story will be a cluster fuck and pretentious to boot but an open world stealth game with MGS production values is still interesting.
And sometimes I enjoy more style than substance and some pretentious shit.

The Order: 1886

Some games I buy just to waste time. This is one of them. 30FPS aside it is an interesting setting.

Cyberpunk 2077

I just dig Cyberpunk stuff. Not that Cyberpunk since I actually know jack shit about it but stuff like Ghost in the Shell, DeusEx etc.
Also a game where CD Project wants to make a character creator now that could be interesting.
While I said I don?t like the combat in the Witcher I expect the combat of Cyberpunk to be vastly different so it won?t matter.
On the downside while they planned for 2015 I actually expect it to be delayed to 2016.