2016 to be best year since 1998?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
My friends and fellow gamers, i was looking at 2016 list recently again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_video_gaming

scrolling down again and again and give me so hype that i have never seen in last few years. infact last few years were so terrible that crappy release after crappy release every month we witness. but this year? Holy crap not only a follower of past classic franchise but also intelligent new IPs too...

Now look what is coming out.

Deus Ex mankind Divided - Follower of classic franchise. and they did excellent job with HR so chances for this game for bieng bad is none

Hitman - part of greatest stealth franchise ever

Doom - A long awaited sequel of cult classic.

Quantum Break - Max payne inspired action game made by remedy and sam lake?? whats not to love?

Squadron 42 - the biggest crowdfunding project in history. pushing PC gaming to limit.

Shadow warrior 2 - Sequel to reboot of classic 90s FPS which is one of the best FPS of recent memories and this one looks even better and bigger especially in a terms of level design

Dishonored 2- Sequel to best stealth game of last generation which was modern day close to thief. I will definitely play as corvo and no way as princess.

Total war warhammer - combination of 2 of most beloved strategy games. total war and warhammer

Zelda U - I may not a fan but zelda is classic franchise and did a lot for gaming. and basically icon of nintendo which is also releasing this year.

Kingdom come deliverance - combat in this game looks absolutely realistic and world looks very rich. easily be RPG of this year.

Street fighter 5 - it may be dissapointing becasue the way it released. bad marketing but once it will complete it will be really good. SF is best fighting franchise and only one i liked

there are mores. i see this year to be a HUGE improvement over previous year. in a year where we are getting a next Doom, Deus Ex, Hitman, Zelda, street fighter in already establish franchise and new IPs like Quantum break, Squadron 42 and kingdom come which looks very fresh and innovative in almost every way.

if anything we are entering into another golden age of late 90s and early 00s.

Discuss

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Last year was pretty extraordinary. Good for RPGs in particular. This year seems to be heavier for strategy fans. A lot will depend on how good/bad Total Warhammer turns out to be.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
B-Cell, why are you making essentially the same thread over and over again?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Gundam GP01 said:
1. Deus Ex is develop by Eidos who bring back last generation as huge success. especially after invisible wars. and mankind divided looks better in every way. publisher donot make games. developer do

2. Doom 3 was an excellent game bit different and new doom is mix of doom 1/2 and 3.

3. Wolfenstien new order really suck. its not old school reboot. slowdown gameplay, iron sight, forced stealth, follow linear path adn overall bad design really ruined it. flying wild hog on other hand are smaller developer but best FPS developer since valve and know how to make old school FPS. SW2 looks bigger and better.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Based on previous years, flip a coin for every one of those titles. If it lands on heads, the game will be buggy, poorly optimized and have a frame rate on par with a slideshow.

If it lands on tails, it'll be a bare-bones title with massive amounts of DLC and microtransactions, with almost no time or effort put into the single player campaign, but instead a massive focus on a unreliable repetitive multiplayer that will be a ghost town in 3 weeks.

If the coin lands perfectly on its side so its standing straight up then the game will be decent(dare I say even good?!) and you should buy it 6 months after release because there's still no way it'll be worth full price at launch.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
But Eidos give us Deus Ex Human Revolution which was easily one of the best game of last gen. and biggest comback of all time. so i trush Eidos to deliver another masterpiece.

I do hate Square marketing like how they were using augmented preorder crap which was thankfully ended.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Nothing about releases this year has me all tingly in the sack. This year, more than any other year, has more games coming out that have the potential for both amazing success and colossal failure.

Hitman - This fucking thing is episodic, and as a result will probably end up idiotic.

Quantum Break - Well this is a Xbox and Windows 10 exclusive. It didn't work for a good game like Rise of the Tomb Raider and I don't expect a new IP to have any more success.

Total War/Warhammer - Warhammer games are rarely exceptional, I have high hopes for the fanbase of these games. I want this game to be good more than anything else on this list, mostly because fans deserve a GREAT Warhammer RTS again.

Zelda U - This is 2016 not 20XX. Don't hold your breath for this game. Besides isn't the Nintendo NX coming at some point this year. Something weird is happening with Nintendo right now.

Street Fighter 5 - The fact that people are raving about this game despite how FUCKED the launch has been makes me sad. You morons are why publishers think that releasing 60 dollar BETA's is okay. Stop being stupid please. I'm sure SF5 will be awesome, when complete, right now it is a very pretty piece of shit. Anyone who says otherwise is part of the problem.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Mankind Divided: Considering Square's ability to fuck with its developers making perfectly good games I'm concerned, especially after augment your pre-order.

Hitman: See above. Also episodic format because Square doesn't care.

Doom: Not a fan of the franchise but it sounds like people are concerned, especially considering Doom 3 wasn't what people wanted.

Quantum Break: That game that was announced when the Xbone first came out and we're just NOW getting details about it? Not optimistic.

Squadron 42: So? I think if the Ouya proved anything, popularity in a kickstarter doesn't equal quality.

Shadow Warrior 2: The first one frankly bored me. The main character was kinda funny but it didn't really pull me in.

Dishonored 2: Between saying you refuse to play as a princess and your dismissal of romance in the Fire Emblem thread I'm not sure why you feel the need to constantly inform us of your hatred of anything not masculine. It's not even remotely on topic. Actually looking forward to this though.

Total War Warhammer: Good concept, but recent developments have me concerned. Chaos being pre-order only for example. Really? Fucking really?

Zelda U: Probably will be good on a console no one owns. And that's not what a cult classic is.

Kingdom Come Deliverance: Do the wounds take weeks to heal and have a 50% chance of getting infected and killing you? Then it's not realistic. Anyway, realistic isn't indicative of quality.

Street Fighter 5: This one has already pissed people off, any good will it could've had is long gone.

So yeah. I'm looking forward to three of the games that you mentioned (Dues Ex, Dishonred and Total War) and I'm deeply concerned about two of them. So yeah. Games like Endless Space 2, XO and Dark Souls 3 on the other hand I am very much looking forward to without worry. SMT IV Final when we get a port too.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
erttheking said:
Zelda U: Probably will be good on a console no one owns.
Come on, man, it scarcely sold less than the XBone, but I never hear the same comments about that one.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Silvanus said:
erttheking said:
Zelda U: Probably will be good on a console no one owns.
Come on, man, it scarcely sold less than the XBone, but I never hear the same comments about that one.
You kidding? People love mocking the Xbone. I still remember the article talking about how one week it only sold 100 units in all of Japan. Let me make it very clear, I love mocking both consoles and I even think the Xbone deserves it more. Plus the gap between the two is somewhat significant, with the Wii U being 13 million rounding up and the Xbone being 20 million rounding up. 35% less isn't exactly scarcely less. The Xbone is selling poorly but the Wii U even more so. And it actually has a support base in Japan.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Gundam GP01 said:
*Smacks self* forgot about xenonauts and Persona.

XO is a game I helped kickstart. It's shaping up to be Battlestar Galatica the game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jumpdrive/xo-a-retro-sci-fi-strategy-game-for-pc-mac-linux/description

Jan 19, 2016
How do you write a list of the biggest releases of the year and not mention Uncharted 4? The latest trailer just came out and gaf are losing their minds over it.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Gundam GP01 said:
Eidos made the quite well made Deus Ex: Human Revolution, true, but do you know what else they made, and much more recently than Deus Ex, at that?
yes. and thief 4 was made by entirely different team because the team who worked on HR started to work on MD shortly after released. and after the faliure of thief Eidos announced that thier focus would be on Deus Ex universe and nothing else.

I never been impressed by any game after deus ex hr and mankind divided looks like it will be easily surpassed it making best deus ex since original. bigger level design, better AI, stealth and shooting make it one of the best game this year and easily GOTY material. Deus Ex is indeed best franchise atm and i doubt Mankind divided to become a new invisible wars. because that game hit the bottom.

PS. GT never has notisfication option so we are used to debate without quoting.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
erttheking said:
You kidding? People love mocking the Xbone. I still remember the article talking about how one week it only sold 100 units in all of Japan. Let me make it very clear, I love mocking both consoles and I even think the Xbone deserves it more. Plus the gap between the two is somewhat significant, with the Wii U being 13 million rounding up and the Xbone being 20 million rounding up. 35% less isn't exactly scarcely less. The Xbone is selling poorly but the Wii U even more so. And it actually has a support base in Japan.
I've not seen the 20 mill figure; a quick search for that brings this [http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/29/ea-xbox-sales-figures/] up, which is a pretty unreliable source, if that's what it's based on.

Fair dues, either way. We all prod a bit. I've just got a bit tired of how one-sided the prodding has been this generation.