Ubisoft Releasing "Big" Assassin's Creed Game in 2011

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ubisoft Releasing "Big" Assassin's Creed Game in 2011

Ubisoft has confirmed that a major Assassin's Creed title will be released in 2011.

The Assassin's Creed series took a two-year break between Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Playstation-3/dp/B000P46NMA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1290875714&sr=8-3], came just a year later on November 16, 2010. It's looking like the Assassin's Creed series won't get any time off next year either, with Ubisoft's EMEA chief of marketing Geoffroy Sardin confirming that 2011 will feature something "big" from Assassin's Creed.

Despite previous comments that Assassin's Creed would said otherwise [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101958-Assassins-Creed-Needs-a-Break-Says-Producer]. Guillemot recently mentioned that something Assassin's Creed-related was coming in 2011, and apparently it's bigger than DLC according to Sardin.

Perhaps encouraged by the huge early sales of Brotherhood that Sardin called a "big jump" over the sales of Assassin's Creed II, Ubisoft is going right back to the series in 2011. Sardin told MCV: "Yes, Yves mentioned it last week in our financials - and more details will be forthcoming, but what I can say is that next year we will have another big Assassin's Creed game."

Employees that have touched Assassin's Creed over the years have teased that the series could eventually go to very different places, including comic book adaptation [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95432-Assassins-Creed-III-Could-be-set-in-World-War-II]. Sardin said these locations are "a good example of what we could do in the coming years in the next video games."

I've got no problem with Ubisoft releasing a new Assassin's Creed game every year as long as it keeps the quality bar high, as it did with Brotherhood [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8328-Review-Assassin-s-Creed-Brotherhood]. If the next game lets me sneak up on Hitler and push him out a window, even better.

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41989/Brotherhood-makes-a-killing-in-Europe]

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Oh I hope Ubisoft does not not start milking this franchise like Activision milks Call of Duty. Resist the temptation Ubisoft! Resist!

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Oh I hope Ubisoft does not not start milking this franchise like Activision milks Call of Duty. Resist the temptation Ubisoft! Resist!
You aren't serious are you?

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
"Big" could mean lots of things, not all of them good.

But I will keep my eyes out for this; I do enjoy the Creed series.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
As long as the games are great as they have been. Brotherhood is the strongest of the three. I spent about 25 hours in my playthrough. I was pretty thorough (I HAD to rebuild Rome 100%). The multiplayer is actually a blast, it's so tense. I panic every time I see another player run or even stumble.

BreakfastMan said:
It doesn't look that way. The quality of the games just gets better with each new game. I don't care if they release a new game each month as long as they are good. Does them releasing new games every year mean they're trying to get more money out of us? Absolutely it does. But it doesn't make them bad games at all.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Traun said:
BreakfastMan said:
Yes I am. Remember Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero? I do, and I do not want another series to end up like them.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
What the hell i havent even got Brotherhood yet, please dont make this so soon, make sure you have time to make the game awesome!

I'm looking at you Activision.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I was still a bit unsure about buying Brotherhood, but I think I can wait till 2011 to get another full on Assassins Creed game.

PipBoy2000

Oct 7, 2009
Wasn't it supposed to be fucking Aztecs? :D

Also, they nailed it:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/8342-Different-Creeds

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Traun said:
BreakfastMan said:
Yes I am. Remember Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero? I do, and I do not want another series to end up like them.
No, not about that. Milking a franchise is a habit Ubisoft has - Raymond, PoP, Settlers, some of their simulators. They aren't the masters of "a new game every year" like EA or Acti, but they do have the tendency to do so. It is already a 100% certain that they will milk AC, let's just hope they don't milk it yearly.

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
Like everyone else has said, as long as they're good I really don't care.

On another note, someone suggested to me that the next one might be set in the 100 years War between France and England. It fits - it's around the time people started using guns for actual warfare, there is no clear "good guy" and "bad guy", and it's definitely enough of a mess to shoehorn a conspiracy or three in there.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm fine with it. Brotherhood was simply fantastic for only a year of dev time, and perfected the combat via the Kick and Killstreaks making it less counter based. Mostly glitch free for me, despite a few glitched trophy unlocks. ARGH! Now I gotta replay the game or wait for a patch.

I'd rather NOT wait two years for the cliffhanger to be resolved again. This was arguably the series BIGGEST cliffhanger yet. The wait between one and two was quite enough for cliffhangers.