Ubisoft Releasing "Big" Assassin's Creed Game in 2011

havass

Dec 15, 2009
BJ777 said:
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
I hope it isn't AC3, I want that coming out in 2012.
It will be ironic if the day that it comes out is the day from where the game carries on from desmond miles.
That would be awesome. All Creed fans would be counting down the day to 21st December for the launch. Heh heh.
OT: Please don't needlessly milk the franchise. Yes, you surprised everyone with Brotherhood, but I suspect that's because you already prepared a large percentage of the stuff for AC2, then it got cut out. So please, please don't trade in quality for quantity.
And why yes, Victorian England would be a nice place to got round assassinating.
CLIMB THE BIG BEN!

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Spacefly said:
I was still a bit unsure about buying Brotherhood, but I think I can wait till 2011 to get another full on Assassins Creed game.
I have clocked over 40 hours in brotherhood and am still nowhere near 100%ing it. It's a full Assassin's Creed game. They just took all of the non-storyline essential missions and made them into optional side missions. So the content is there, it's just not mandatory.

Not as big as AC2, but bigger than AC1. Unless you think Altair's story wasn't a full on Assassin's Creed?

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Hasn't it been said that AC3 is coming 2012? So this game is possibly the russia based one that was teased?

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Victorian England would just be so good. Big tall dark imposing buildings, long twisting alleys. A real Gothic feel to it. And Jack the Ripper could always make a small appearance...

But in reality its probably a PSP/DS exclusive title, or a lot of DLC. The reason Brotherhood was so good with only a years development was they could recycle a lot of scenery/character models from AC2, I don't imagine they could make such a good game from scratch in only a year.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Danzaivar said:
Spacefly said:
I was still a bit unsure about buying Brotherhood, but I think I can wait till 2011 to get another full on Assassins Creed game.
I have clocked over 40 hours in brotherhood and am still nowhere near 100%ing it. It's a full Assassin's Creed game. They just took all of the non-storyline essential missions and made them into optional side missions. So the content is there, it's just not mandatory.

Not as big as AC2, but bigger than AC1. Unless you think Altair's story wasn't a full on Assassin's Creed?
Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing... It looks as big, if not biger and filled with more content than ACII, but story wise, i know that it isn't a full on AC game. While it continues the awesome story of Ezio, I'm still waiting for more Desmond related story... And gameplay wise... I still have fun with ACII...
I know I would love AC Brotherhood... Its basically more of the same stuff from ACII... but I just don't think I want to pay full price for it now when a new game (That will prob be MUCH better if the leap between ACI and ACII is anything to go by) isn't that far off...

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
BJ777 said:
I hope it isn't AC3, I want that coming out in 2012.
It will be ironic if the day that it comes out is the day from where the game carries on from desmond miles.
ironic how?
Ironic because it will look like the game would be taking place right now, ie lets say desmond kills a templar on the exact same moment that I posted this.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Spacefly said:
Danzaivar said:
Spacefly said:

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing... It looks as big, if not biger and filled with more content than ACII, but story wise, i know that it isn't a full on AC game. While it continues the awesome story of Ezio, I'm still waiting for more Desmond related story... And gameplay wise... I still have fun with ACII...
I know I would love AC Brotherhood... Its basically more of the same stuff from ACII... but I just don't think I want to pay full price for it now when a new game (That will prob be MUCH better if the leap between ACI and ACII is anything to go by) isn't that far off...
Erm, have you read a plot synopsis for Brotherhood? It has the most Desmond related stuff BY FAR. Honestly if you don't get the game and plan on getting AC3, I'd read up the story on Wikipedia or something. Otherwise you will have missed out on a LOT of what's gone on.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Well whatever floats their boat, I just hope they don't milk the franchise. I didn't buy Brotherhood as it felt like over-priced DLC.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I'm rather interested to see what they'll come up with. I just hope it's not another "Altair's Chronicles".

Personally though, I don't think I'd want to play as a female assassin. While it would be an interesting twist how do we know she won't fall into the usual categories? Either the damsel in distress or the movie version of Lara Croft?

And considering that, so far, Altair and Ezio have looked pretty much just like Desmond. Can you imagine Desmond's face on a female character? You guys won't be wanting those bathing scenes then will ya? :p

And finally, my own personal reasons. I simply don't like playing female characters (aside from Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Fable). I don't know why really.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Harbinger_ said:
Sorry Ubisoft but the 2nd Assassin's Creed game was enough. No more please.
Yeah... i'm sure they're gonna stop a story practically half way through... especially when they make so much money from it.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
Harbinger_ said:
Sorry Ubisoft but the 2nd Assassin's Creed game was enough. No more please.
Yeah... i'm sure they're gonna stop a story practically half way through... especially when they make so much money from it.
Wouldn't be the first time a studio has done it.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Awesome. They better exclude multiplayer and bring us an awesome game.
The franchise might get milked, but as long as they have the same standard as ACII I won't mind.

VivaciousDeimos

May 1, 2010
Timmibal said:
18th century england would be epic. Split it 50% there and 50% modern Desmond missions finding the remaining temples. Close the main damn storyline off. Desmond is already going nuts with all of Ezio and Altair's memories bleeding into him.

Then just release DLC for all of the 'wouldn't it be cool if..' times and places under the guise of 'training' new assassins using the bleeding effect of the animus.
I think that idea would work well (though I'm still pulling for French Revolution as the time period). Especially doing "what if" type scenario's for dlc because then you don't have the pressure of fitting the main the plot in, it can just be for fun and you can try more experimental things that way.

CookiesAreYum

Dec 31, 2010
umm, who's that chick that gets owned by desmond's hidden blade ? you know, the blonde one.. I wonder how the game will go on after that.. will you be able to explore as desmond ?