Can You Confess Your Guilty Pleasures?

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Can You Confess Your Guilty Pleasures?

I have the strangest feeling I'm about to be shunned.

Read Full Article

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
I have over 500 plays of Ke$ha's album.... I can't get enough of her! Guilty pleasures are good to have though.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
World of Warcraft is...quite fun...

You heard nothing of this, correct?

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
I read the Wheel of Time books...I'm pretty ashamed I try not to tell people what I'm reading haha. I also like Lady Gaga not sure why I just love her songs, I should mention I'm a 20-something year old straight male. Maybe I'm in denial! I think my gf would be pretty mad.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
so, yeeeaaaah.

Krychek08 said:
I read the Wheel of Time books...I'm pretty ashamed I try not to tell people what I'm reading haha. I also like Lady Gaga not sure why I just love her songs, I should mention I'm a 20-something year old straight male. Maybe I'm in denial! I think my gf would be pretty mad.
Wheel of Time is nothing to be ashamed of. Nay, it should be lauded. Read till your eyes bleed man. I'll be right there with you. (Although you may not want to be associated with me now. No one else seems to like Caramelldansen.)

Also:
If it were one iota less awesome, I'd destroy it for the numerous blatant violations of every known law of physics. As it is, my disbelief went and suspended itself, then jumped off a thousand story tall tower for good measure.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
I could, but I'm not sure what the forum regulations on talking about adult content are :eek:

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Guilty pleasures...

Carameldansen (mentioned above)
The Sims
Rihanna's Disturbia
Lucky Star

I'll add more later, maybe.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I read the four Twilight books and kinda liked the first one. I hated the second, thought the third was OK but snapped out of it by the fourth which (to me) read like an Inuyasha fanfic.

As for something I love to death but have been made fun of over is Harry Potter. I have all 7 books (having gone to 3 midnight releases), have seen all of the movies (going to several midnight releases) and have even been part of a forum dedicated to the series. I haven't done any fanfic yet so my soul is still relatively safe I think. I have determined that I would likely have been a Ravenclaw (Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure!) and I think my Patronus would take the form of a tortoise.

Musically, I used to listen to Spice Girls and sing along when I was young and didn't know what music was.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I'm a metal head who's a Lady Gaga fan. Got her album and am eagerly awaiting her next one. And just because I enjoy dumping videos in my post you shall now all witness this.

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
My entire gaming library could be considered a guilty pleasure, but for the highlights:

The entire "Outlaw Sports" series. (Hypnotix, the guys who made this? Unless I'm wrong, They would later become EA Tiburon)

I read Harry Dresden books (well, a couple of them, but I'll probably read more.)

Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard (Laughed my face off)

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Dan Brown novels come to my mind. I like to read them, even though the so called "science" in it is at best laughable and the writing isn't all that good either. Still, I'm able to enjoy them. At least I don't have to hide that guilty pleasure, as a lot of people seem to like his books.

Actually, that goes for a lot of bad books, mainly thrillers, I've read. Full of insane conspiracies, absurd treasure hunts and gaping plot holes, but sometimes I simply need a little bit of that cheesy rubbish.

Forktongue

May 19, 2009
My wife read all of the Twilight books. She didn't like them so much as revelled in how bad they were. Whenever a new Twilight movie comes out, she and has a few drinks with some friends before going to the movies. They dont get obnoxious, but it's clear they are enjoying the film for very different reasons than the people around them. Honestly, I'm shocked none of them have been shanked by a Twihard yet...

As for myself, I'd say my guilty pleasure is bad horror and sci fi films. Something about a throwaway plot, stilted dialogue, horrible acting and/or bad special effects will wash away any stresses I'm carrying. I credit this to extensive MST3K viewing during my formative years.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
I started watching an anime series called To Love Ru [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Love-Ru] a couple of days ago because I thought it's thumbnail looked hilarious. I'm now up to the third series and just finished watching an episode of it >__________>

It's blatant Ecchi/Harem but I find it pretty funny. I feel ashamed about this though.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...I sometimes sing Gangsta paradise.
I love the animation on Queen blade.
I listen to half of Tupac album...I'm impressed.
I go to this site.
And I'm a Tv troper.

That's all OH!
hittite said:
so, yeeeaaaah.

Krychek08 said:
Wheel of Time is nothing to be ashamed of. Nay, it should be lauded. Read till your eyes bleed man. I'll be right there with you. (Although you may not want to be associated with me now. No one else seems to like Caramelldansen.)

Also:
If it were one iota less awesome, I'd destroy it for the numerous blatant violations of every known law of physics. As it is, my disbelief went and suspended itself, then jumped off a thousand story tall tower for good measure.
I enjoy Caramelldansen AND Dead fanasty. Plus Lady Gaga.

That's all I can thnk of...and I read Fanfiction (Plus Write it!)

That's all, I swear.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Professional wrestling, and I'm not the least bit apologetic about it - despite the fact that one friend of mine actually stopped speaking to me once he found out I enjoyed it.

Also, You're Cut Off, which is just such utter trash, words fail me.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
My guilty pleasure is body wash. I have a collection over 120 bottles huge, and I never use the same one two showers in a row. Also, no repeats.

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
I own a compilation Cd called "Spaced Out: The Very Best of Leonard Nimoy & William Shatner "

It's so awful I love it. High points include William Shanter's rendition of "Mr Tambourine man" and Nimoy's "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins".

Tambourine man (As hard as it is, listen to the whole thing. The last 5 second are the money shot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc

Ballad of Bilbo Baggins Music Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73PHdQX04

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Pro wrestling. It's not so much a guilty pleasure as it is something I'll never bring up in conversation unless mentioned. I just find it entertaining, and fun to watch, especially during a really good match. It's also fun to try and predict how the storylines will end up.

Also, Youtube Poop. Yes, there are lots of bad ones, but the good ones are just too damn funny...