Can You Confess Your Guilty Pleasures?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I thought the movie The New Guy was funny and enjoy watching it. It's not really good though and would never ask anyone else to watch it. *shrug*

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
I do not know what my guilty pleasures may be but...maybe...well. Now I know my guilty pleasure is that I can spend hours browsing trough (for example) wikipedia. Just to learn new things.

eric_the_girl

Jul 20, 2009
I like the theme song to Bokusatsu Tenchi Dokuro-chan even though I've never seen the anime and have no intention of doing so. It's my happiest mp3 and despite my friend's best attempts (he told me what it means and explained the plot synopsis) I still totally adore the song!

It's just so saccharine... also, Caramelldansen but I'm not in anyway ashamed or guilty about that one...

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Anime.
...Just anime.

I only started about 4 months ago, and it's just got out of hand...
I substituted reading for it, I run an escapist group for watching the stuff, and it's even made me sing along to some of the most hideously genki songs.

ARGH! It's doing it again! Corrupting me! Wtf is this 'genki'? I don't even know what it means, but I feel compelled to use it. This is horrifying.

[sub]And yet...[/sub]

Busdriver580

Dec 22, 2009
Bobic said:
I'm a metal head who's a Lady Gaga fan. Got her album and am eagerly awaiting her next one. And just because I enjoy dumping videos in my post you shall now all witness this.

You took the words right out of my mouth

ctaylor35

Oct 14, 2010
trolling on youtube. i absolutely love misstating facts or completely fabricating them and watching people freak out

also this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaZFgJ0grdU

I know I know its bad to laugh at it. but i just can't help myself. all her videos are pretty awful. and the comments are hilarious

Windupferrari

Oct 3, 2009
I read the forums on the escapist's website.

Now that the shock's died down, I'd have to say the Stargate franchise. None of my friends know I like it, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Chronarch

Oct 31, 2009
I enjoy these songs and the cartoons that went along with them. Sure, it's mostly because they were laughably bad but I feel like not many sane people would actually watch every episode they could find.

Please don't shoot me.

valhala89

Mar 9, 2010
^=ash=^ said:
PureChaos said:
S Club 7 were great, REACH FOR THE STARS!
Climb every mountain higher! ... I saw them live .... more than once.

Then we have others as mentioned above: Caramelldansen speedycake mix, Lucky Star etc.
Furthermore my laptop wallpaper is K-ON!! and the HTT (The K-ON band) song Utauyo?MIRACLE!! is currently my favourite song.
I used to watch the damn S-club tv show.. and I kinda liked it too..

I read every harry potter book except the last, and I really like the first four!

When I watched the prequels I actually didn't mind Jar Jar Binks..

In fact I scorned the Naboo love scene in Ep II the most in the prequels.. I know kill me now would you..end my pain

I liked Ewoks as a kid.. and I still think they'e cute (this is probably induced by watching gummie bears... oh did i forget to mention i used to watch gummie bears religiously?) why cant i stop typing?!!

I finished watching Voyager because of Seven of Nine.. noo noooo!! that's a lieee!!! a lieee!!!

My internet persona just killed himself.. happy now! you sickos!!

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I like Batman and Robin... I think its probably the best Batman parody ever written. Its absolutely hilarious, specially with all the puns and the ridiculousness of it all. Its just too bad that everything funny in it was probably unintentional.

I also love Commando for the same reason as Batman and Robin.

That and I love Punisher: War Zone... I hear many didn't but I consider it the best Punisher movie ever made. There's a load of nods to Ennis in there and the film doesn't take it self too seriously. Its got over the top action, gore and its cheesy as hell.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I like Maroon 5... I thought their first album was pretty unique as far as pop music goes...<.<

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Star Wars novels.
I even enjoyed the New Jedi Order series... and the Legacy of the Force (minus that one Traviss' fanfiction section)... horrible, I know.

Also, the art of trolling... and the occasional YouTube Poop [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDGCuy0Zc8I] <---click at your own risk, it will decrease your IQ.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
This song. Yes, I know...

*COUGH*I may also have had a BRIEF stretch of enjoying Lucky Star*COUGH*

Feb 13, 2008
Lady Gaga, Lucky Star, Sailor Moon, Jem and the Holograms, playing Princess Peach, Xanadu, WWF/E, Kylie Minogue...

I don't so much have guilty secrets as the occasional innocent one.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
MrPop said:
I started watching an anime series called To Love Ru [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Love-Ru] a couple of days ago because I thought it's thumbnail looked hilarious. I'm now up to the third series and just finished watching an episode of it >__________>

It's blatant Ecchi/Harem but I find it pretty funny. I feel ashamed about this though.
There's a third series? Where?

Anyway OT:

Hayate the Combat Butler. Dear God Hayate.

I frickkin love the series, it is funny as hell and ignores the whole romance thing a lot but i still feel bad mentioning it to any group of anime and manga fans.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
hittite said:
Also:
If it were one iota less awesome, I'd destroy it for the numerous blatant violations of every known law of physics. As it is, my disbelief went and suspended itself, then jumped off a thousand story tall tower for good measure.
**wide eyes**

Thank you sir! **shakes hand vigorously** I hadn't seen this before. I have now (through this link) watched all five episodes, and am eagerly awaiting 6.

**fingers crossed that Aeris is in one of those tubes**

OT: As for guilty pleasures... Jack's Rising Crust Pizza. Best frozen pizza ever. It is also one of the most fat-filled, lard-tastic, greasy things in the world. It's like the pizza equaliavent of deep fried butter, except it's pizza. The dough is made of pretzel. I'm not kidding, this pizza is amazing, and it will kill you.

I bought myself one for solstice, and I had it two days ago. Now I'm on a diet.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Hi my name is Squid and I love those movies on the SyFy channel and reasonable facimiles. And not for the lulz.