Ubisoft Teases Assassin for Next Assassin's Creed

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ubisoft Teases Assassin for Next Assassin's Creed

Believe it or not, there's going to be a white-hooded assassin in the next Assassin's Creed game.

Ubisoft has been page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109694-Assassins-Creed-Reveal-Coming-If-Enough-People-Want-It] by promising the reveal of a new title in the franchise. For every certain number of likes acquired, a teaser video on the page changes to show something new. The latest update, and you may want to sit down before reading this next line, features a white-hooded assassin.

Crazy, right? No, not really. Though the game is believed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109676-Report-Ubisoft-Accidentally-Reveals-Next-Assassins-Creed] to be called Assassin's Creed: Revelations, it evidently won't change the formula too much if players will don a white cloak for the fourth time.

However, that doesn't mean this reveal isn't useful. The assassin pictured is believed to be Altair, the star of the first Assassin's Creed. Lending credence to this theory is a set of numbers that pops up in the teaser, "11011165," probably referring to Altair's birth date in 1165.

An Assassin's Creed 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109676-Report-Ubisoft-Accidentally-Reveals-Next-Assassins-Creed] star Ezio's bladed fist. The teaser following that flashed the number sequence "24.06.1459," which is said to be Ezio's birth date, and showed a location in Istanbul.

Altogether, the teasers are painting a picture of a game that spans multiple time periods and stars multiple characters. Hopefully we're coming to the end of Ubisoft's need for Facebook likes and it'll tell us what the game's all about soon.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/05/new-assassins-creed-teaser-features-assassin-numbers/]

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
1165 - X

1459 - X

I would take it this would be somewhere in 1300?

Perhaps Altair's Son -> Ezio Lineage?

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
Lt. Vinciti said:
1165 - X

1459 - X

Perhaps Giovanni or his father?
It's gotta be Old Altair, mgs4 style. All the signs are there.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
Let me guess, you climb buildings, run through streets and assassinate people in puzzle like environments?

My god. The originality overwhelms me.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
lobster1077 said:
I'm expecting Ezio's line in this game, then.

"Argh... my back!"

Hive Mind said:
Let me guess, you climb buildings, run through streets and assassinate people in puzzle like environments?

I find your lack of enthusiasm... disturbing.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
Maybe the game is about Desmond slowly losing himself in the memories of his ancestors. That would explain the multiple dates and locations.

Dahemo

Aug 16, 2008
Anyone else picked up on the eagle that pops up? Looks to me like the Roman standard symbol. Agree with the multiple time periods theory though, this isn't the picture from the previous reveals and we could see Ezio and Altair return along with some new faces. More Desmond would be welcome as long as we get more character development as I still agree with Yahtzee that he's bland and when put in contrast to the amount of character his previous lives have it's positively anemic...

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
lobster1077 said:
Lt. Vinciti said:
1165 - X

1459 - X

Perhaps Giovanni or his father?
Yeah that wasnt annoying...not at all....

I sorta wish it was Giovanni (Ezio's father) he was....hmm...not gay...mansexy and was a badass in the videos

I always wished you could be an assassin under one of the masters and make a style ala Altair Ezio Brutus....but my dream will never come true...and MP that wasnt a Spawn n Die Killfest... -_-

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Yeah that's definitely Altair. The robes look just like they did in AC1. Anyway, I know this game will feature more Desmond, but I'm really not happy about it. I find him and all of his buddies very uninteresting and wooden, and all of my fun is head while inside the animus. Taking that animus out of the equation does not an Assassin's Creed game make.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
Hive Mind said:

This made me laugh quite hard. Love it.

I like the idea of playing again as Altair, although to be honest I never really got into his character as much as I did with Ezio. I had thought under some random assumption it was just a random new character to play as which may have been a little better because the endless "Altair vs Ezio" conversation I have with my brother is beginning to get a little boring now.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Perhaps it's Altair, Ezio, Desmond and an unrevealed third character in another time period converging on the same location in four different centuries?

With the whole advanced/alien race element that's been played up in the last two games, it may not be out of the question to see some kind of Altair/Ezio/Desmond team-up at the end of the game... or that could just be utter fankwank... I'll just shut up now.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Take the "Give missions to Assassins" mini-game out of the Animus and give it to Desmond or Desmond-via-Lucy's-comp, he'll feel less worthless then. Make it mean something too, I don't care what.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Eh... OK, I liked Brotherhood, but come on Ubisoft, please try to move the series forward.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
I hope for a new protagonist more than anything. Alteir was pretty boring and Ezio just seemed to grow more and more tedious as the games went on. Oh well.

Although I love how obvious the reveals are. I wonder if nintendo will reveal Mario to be able to jump in Mario 3DS. SHOCKING.

m@

Aug 10, 2009
Dahemo said:
Anyone else picked up on the eagle that pops up? Looks to me like the Roman standard symbol.
its the Byzantine eagle, which is the eastern part of the Roman Empire after it split and the western part fell in the 4th century.

so looks like AC4 could be set in and around Constantinople (Istanbul)the capital of The Byzantine Empire and possibly go on to after it fell around 1450 so it could also include the Ottoman empire which would be pretty cool