Ubisoft Teases Assassin for Next Assassin's Creed

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Mr.Squishy said:
nomad240 said:
ungh seriously the american revolution.. * dons a gay british accent* Excuse me good sir what are you doing!

I am stealing your Battle plans for Hamburger hill!

Oohhh What a pickle! gurads dear guards shoot this man at once!

Tra! blam blam blam as he nobly rides away on his mustang gotta keep it amurican!

or better yet we can be assassinating General Howe or Sir Guy Carleton or or or even better the whole war of independance was a ruse for the evil church people and we have to HELP the british by assassinating american revolutionaries... yeah.. THAT game will sell.

and honeslty the emblem that kept flashing either before or after the numbers depending on what part of the loop you were on looked austrian in my own opinion
The american revolution? You want the Assassin's Creed game to take place there? Okay, I am all for new settings etcetera, but by god, why does it always have to be 'murrkuh that the game is set in? And if it's not america, then by god it's space america or medieval England. Because, you know, who wants to explore interesting settings such as the middle east, europe, Asia or Africa? Those are for losers! Everybody knows that everything ever has to be about America or some clever proxy for that travesty you call a country!
In fact, let's look at games by setting.

North america:
Fallout 1-2-3-NV
Saint's Row 1&2
Silent Hill (The entire franchise)
L.A. Noire
Max Payne 1&2
Prototype
Infamous
Duke Nukem (most, if not all of the games)
Homefront
Modern Warfare
GTA (The enitre fucking franchise)
A buttload of cowboy games
Bioshock (seeing as how the underwater city of Rapture was built to emulate 1950's America, and built by an american, I would say this counts)
South America:
Monkey Island (it IS set in the carribean, right?)
GUN, countless other western games (I think)
Postal 1&2
Half-life 2 (or at least a proxy representation)
Bloody likely Portal 1&2
Mirror's Edge
Europe: (Not counting 'Thedas', 'Albion'or other medieval england settings etc.)
Hellgate: London
Assassin's Creed 2 + Brotherhood

Middle East:
Assassin's Creed 1
Modern Warfare
Asia:
Yakuza (The entire franchise)
Army of two (at least one mission)
Africa:
Halo 3(Briefly, at least)

Can you see why I'm kind of pissed? What makes it worse is that you're a youngling nation with not even half as much interesting history or culture as pretty much the entire rest of the world.

So go ahead. Set another game in 'murrkuh. I'll just quietly weep for interesting settings somewhere that I don't disturb your terrorist hunting.
EDIT: DOODEEDOO DIDN'T SEE THE BIG "Europe" HEADER DON'T MIND ME

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
So it's hinting at Altair AND Ezio? Why am I seemingly the only one who remembers the 3DS announcement from last year's E3? [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Lost_Legacy] I know this has a different name and appears to be on consoles, but this is exactly what they said Lost Legacy was going to be.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Hive Mind said:
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
Brennan Lowery said:
Hive Mind said:
Let me guess, you climb buildings, run through streets and assassinate people in puzzle like environments?

My god. The originality overwhelms me.
Why fix what isn't broken? "Originality" kills more franchises than it saves.
Why pay for the ability to play the same game a year latter with new skins?
Why not read The Fellowship of the Ring three times, instead of buying all three books? I mean it's all done in the same style of writing right? And with the same damn characters even! C'mon Tolkien, quit being such a hack and be original for once!
Lord of the Rings was one novel. It was only split into three separate books books in mainstream media as one HUGE book is more intimidating than three medium ones.

But hey, who needs to research what they say before they post?
Semantics, you've yet to refute what my POINT was, so...

I mean, I could have used any number of OTHER classic series of stories with more than one installation; Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, yada yada...

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
Brennan Lowery said:
Hive Mind said:
Let me guess, you climb buildings, run through streets and assassinate people in puzzle like environments?

Why not read The Fellowship of the Ring three times, instead of buying all three books? I mean it's all done in the same style of writing right? And with the same damn characters even! C'mon Tolkien, quit being such a hack and be original for once!
Lord of the Rings was one novel. It was only split into three separate books books in mainstream media as one HUGE book is more intimidating than three medium ones.

I mean, I could have used any number of OTHER classic series of stories with more than one installation; Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, yada yada...
What is a semantic about the fact that you called what was on novel that was split into thee parts, three separate books? It completely rebuked your post. It isn't semantics; it's you ducking. Don't backpedal.

Also, I never said Harry Potter was good. Nor Sherlock Holmes. So your point is moot in my eyes.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Hive Mind said:
A sequel can change. A series can evolve.

People are welcome to buy whatever they please. I simply don't wish to support developers in their effort to milk an idea, rather than generate new ones.
Read the last paragraph again, obviously what you say is true, but it's no less true for games, it's just that you expect games to be more differentiated.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Hive Mind said:

^^ Example of why people need to think about their posts before posting. Don't want to be making giant fools out of ourselves now, do we?

Complaining about that is like complaining about another Total War game being an RTS. It's the fricking formulae used, and it works damn well!

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed?sk=app_150031305061905

its revealed now...looks interesting

Atiar along side.....his older self? maybe its difficult to say it could also be his father but im getting the vibe of going back to Altiar and maybe multiple ancestors...or just a continuation of Altiars story

also you may need to refresh that page or go to the main page of the AC group and than click on the reveal tab...don't know why its being annoying like that

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
If it goes past the birth of Altair's son, well isn't that impossible since his memories are passed onto his ancestors after they are born (well in the third person, but not actually them) so if its Altair AFTER his son is born i will be disappointing.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
Niagro said:
Hive Mind said:
A sequel can change. A series can evolve.

People are welcome to buy whatever they please. I simply don't wish to support developers in their effort to milk an idea, rather than generate new ones.
Read the last paragraph again, obviously what you say is true, but it's no less true for games, it's just that you expect games to be more differentiated.
I don't expect anything (or deserve it). If someone comes up with a new idea, a new way to do things, a new perspective - something original - and I like it, I will support it.

If someone remakes the same ideas, writes the same stories, uses the same tropes, I pass on it.

It's not that they are BAD in my eyes. I just don't personally want to experience them again and again, however slightly different or shinier they get.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
SextusMaximus said:
Hive Mind said:

^^ Example of why people need to think about their posts before posting. Don't want to be making giant fools out of ourselves now, do we?

Complaining about that is like complaining about another Total War game being an RTS. It's the fricking formulae used, and it works damn well!
This post is clearly coming from a place of ill-information.

If you read the discussion, you will come to understand the arguments.

No, making a fool of yourself would be bad.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Hive Mind said:

Why change what is already awesome? So long as it's got new environments, some new weapons, and some new moves and game mechanics that's more than enough for me. It's stabby time!

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Hive Mind said:
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
Brennan Lowery said:
Hive Mind said:

What is a semantic about the fact that you called what was on novel that was split into thee parts, three separate books? It completely rebuked your post. It isn't semantics; it's you ducking. Don't backpedal.

Also, I never said Harry Potter was good. Nor Sherlock Holmes. So your point is moot in my eyes.
What... exactly am I guilty of backpedaling from? My POINT, which you STILL have not addressed, is that you're ignoring that sequels, particularly PLANNED sequels, can have just as much of an important impact as the originals they're based on, and add to an over-arching narrative in a way that a single story could not. This is doubly true in games, which can show an evolution in GAMEPLAY as well as story and artistic development. No thinking human being could POSSIBLY confuse AC1 for AC2, as AC2's mode of play is so much more refined and, well, a BETTER experience in just about every imaginable way. AC Brotherhood is a continuation of the story (and by extension gameplay, which it further refines) of AC2.

Now then, my point, in clearest and simplest terms, is as followed: Dismissing a game sequel for having similar gameplay to its own predecessor is like dismissing a series of novels for being written in the same style of writing.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
WolfEdge said:
Hive Mind said:
Brennan Lowery said:
Hive Mind said:

What... exactly am I guilty of backpedaling from? My POINT, which you STILL have not addressed, is that you're ignoring that sequels, particularly PLANNED sequels, can have just as much of an important impact as the originals they're based on, and add to an over-arching narrative in a way that a single story could not. This is doubly true in games, which can show an evolution in GAMEPLAY as well as story and artistic development. No thinking human being could POSSIBLY confuse AC1 for AC2, as AC2's mode of play is so much more refined and, well, a BETTER experience in just about every imaginable way. AC Brotherhood is a continuation of the story (and by extension gameplay, which it further refines) of AC2.

Now then, my point, in clearest and simplest terms, is as followed: Dismissing a game sequel for having similar gameplay to its own predecessor is like dismissing a series of novels for being written in the same style of writing.
What is clear is that you have failed to grasp the nature of the opposing side and their argument.

I have already explained this (in a post not half a dozen before this): "I don't expect anything (or deserve it). If someone comes up with a new idea, a new way to do things, a new perspective - something original - and I like it, I will support it.

If someone remakes the same ideas, writes the same stories, uses the same tropes, I pass on it.

It's not that they are BAD in my eyes. I just don't personally want to experience them again and again, however slightly different or shinier they get."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.281917.11047190

It seems to me you are simply so sure of your standpoint that your preconceptions are blinding the issue.

Calvar Draveir

Feb 10, 2010
And the funny thing is, Ezio actually DOESN'T have a white hood this time around. : )
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/index.php?title=Assassin%27s_Creed:_Revelations&image=Gami_218_cov_a-jpg

Also he has a hook on his hidden blade, and they've talked about major gameplay changes happening. So much for The Escapist's general cynicism.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Hive Mind said:
What is clear is that you have failed to grasp the nature of the opposing side and their argument.

I have already explained this (in a post not half a dozen before this): "I don't expect anything (or deserve it). If someone comes up with a new idea, a new way to do things, a new perspective - something original - and I like it, I will support it.

I just don't personally want to experience them again and again, however slightly different or shinier they get."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.281917.11047190

It seems to me you are simply so sure of your standpoint that your preconceptions are blinding the issue.
It's not that they are BAD in my eyes.
Hmm...

HMMMmmmm...

It would seem your tone, if not your words directly, betray your true feelings...
Couldn't have said it better myself.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
First thought:
[sarc]Yay, another Ezio AC. Woo-h...[/sarc]
Nope, can't even get through that with a straight face.

Upon looking at the image in its entirety:
::reads:: "Destinies Converge In Ezio's Final Chapter"
Hmmm... Unlike most, I didn't completely hate Ezio, just some of his petty character flaws/quirks. The chance to see how Ubi will try and actually CLOSE a chapter in this AC sub-franchise is intriguing. Yeah, I'll buy it.*

*Caveat: But they'd bloody well move on to a new era for ACIII.
My vote is The French Revolutionary War, or the years preceding in the mid-1700's. Or perhaps the Anglo-Spanish "War" in the 1500's... and toss in some island port/ship boarding combat. (at least then the year-long gaps between chapters can be explained with galley travel times?)