Don't Expect Horse Armor DLC in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Don't Expect Horse Armor DLC in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bethesda wants to make the DLC for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim more substantial.

Back in 2006, Bethesda was one of the first companies to try out console-based DLC with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Oblivion-5th-Anniversary-ed-Xbox-360/dp/B0050JN7VU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309452813&sr=8-3] though, Bethesda executive producer Todd Howard says the company wants DLC to be something more significant.

In an interview with AusGamers, Howard confirmed that Bethesda wants to create DLC for Skyrim, as it has for other recent releases. "We don't have any specific plans yet, but [DLC has] been really successful and we like making them," he said.

However, we might not see another Horse Armor, or even regular content releases as with Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Game-Year-Pc/dp/B002BXKJA0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309456243&sr=8-3]. Howard called the DLC schedule for the Fallout games "chaotic," and he'd like to change that with Skyrim's DLC.

"Right now I can say that we'd like to do less DLC but bigger ones," Howard said. "You know, more substantial ... We don't know what we're going to make yet, but we'd like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel."

Skyrim looks so amazing [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110801-E3-Skyrim] that Bethesda could sell hamster armor and I'd probably consider buying it, but it's nice to hear that the company might go back to the old ways of larger expansion packs that really mattered. I actually like that developers are able to release new content more easily today, but some releases are a little too nickel-and-dimey.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be available for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 on November 11, 2011.

Source: GameSpot [http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3076322].

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I bought the Horse Armour...

They should keep on doing DLCs like Point Lookout for Fallout 3. That's definitely my number 1 favourite DLC ever. A real expansion pack.

Of course, Horse Armour has its merits, too. Until you get Shadowmere, and it stops being a problem...

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
Didn't use a horse but bought it anyway, just for rping.

If you give us 3 shivering isles instead of 7 new houses like oblivion did, I'll be happy

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Todd has been saying all the right things to me... mmmmmm >:D

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Gigantic, gorgeous-looking fantasy openworld game with large, expansion-pack style DLC and massive amounts of customization? All made by one of the best game developers out there? For all systems?

I, for one, welcome our new Bethesdian overlords.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I have a feeling whatever they are going to do will be good. It seems like Bethesda puts more time and optimization into The Elder Scrolls series than any of their other games. Going from Oblivion to FO3 made that quite apparent. Not saying FO3 was bad by any means though. I had a blast playing that too, just not as much.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Why would you not sell horse armor, how will the idiots ever learn if you don't rip em off.

And add some proper expansions from time to time for us who like games.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
I will just wait half a year after the release of Skyrim and then download all the mods I may require. I did it with Oblivion, and it turned out so much better?

Horse armor? Yeah, I'll most definitely get that for free later on as a courtesy of the modding community.

Mr.K. said:
Why would you not sell horse armor, how will the idiots ever learn if you don't rip em off.

And add some proper expansions from time to time for us who like games.
What about shivering Isles? I thought that one was interesting.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Out of boredom, I played oblivion for a while last weekend. I played through the entire Dark brotherhood questline.

If Bethesda can give something a fraction of how good that was I think I'l be finishing it around the time the next one gets released.

God damn that quest where you murder the people in the mansion was AWESOME.

Can't wait to see more of this game, I feel like we know so little.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Here that bethesda, its the sound of millions of Elder Scrolls fans weeping knowing that there horses will be unshielded from the outside world!

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Wow... It's like Bethesda are deliberately trying to make a good game the community will love. WHAT THE HELL BETHESDA, THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS THESE DAYS.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
Wow... It's like Bethesda are deliberately trying to make a good game the community will love. WHAT THE HELL BETHESDA, THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS THESE DAYS.
Bethesda you muppets stop making good games and just put a turd in a CD case!