Check Out The Sequel To Avatar: The Last Airbender

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Check Out The Sequel To Avatar: The Last Airbender

A year after it was announced, The Legend of Korra's got a new trailer, and it looks stunning.

Remember how, last summer, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102248-Nickelodeon-Greenlights-Steampunk-Sequel-to-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender>it was revealed that <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Last-Airbender-Complete-Collection/dp/B000FZETI4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311836300&sr=8-2>Avatar: The Last Airbender was getting a sequel show that would take place a long while after the first ended? And how it would include a steampunk setting? And how M. Night Shyamalan wouldn't have anything to do with the new show? Well, a year after its announcement, Nickelodeon showed off a trailer for the series, The Legend of Korra, at Comic-Con, which is shown here.

Of course, this is a teaser trailer, so everything looks cool without explaining any real plot details. However, Nickelodeon also put out this official synopsis:

The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang - a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra (voice of Janet Varney).

With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern Avatar world, Republic City - a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive.

However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin (JK Simmons), Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Based on the trailer, The Legend of Korra looks like it'll be even better than its predecessor. It looks like the world will be even more grand than before, and it'll have crazy action sequences, incredible style, and some of the goofy humor that the original series contained; on top of that, the story sounds like it'll be more adult. Oh, and the fact that this isn't a sequel to last summer's The Last Airbender only sweetens the deal.

The Legend of Korra is apparently going to begin airing sometime in early 2012.

Source: Screen Rant

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Yes, this is going to be awesome! Now I have to go rewatch the entire series.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
The two problems i can see about this show

#1 It has biiig shoes to fill, and im not just talking about the Original Cartoon or to make up from the movie. They have decided to make it look more local and focused on the one city so they are going to have to ensure that the scenario dosent get old.

#2 The fact that they have stated that they are going to be starting from the character already knowing 3/4 elements. In the original Aang only knew Wind and less about his place in the 'verse, and EVEN less about the roll of the avatar. Korra is going to have guidance from the friends and family of the very recently passed on Aang. As well as the wisdom of her own learning of the elements, and the training from the best masters, Aang didn't have that he had whoever he could find.

Im interested and excited but those are the two big hurdles i see that they will have to overcome.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Still freaking psyched. Avatar: The Last Airbender is, in my opinion, the greatest show ever made. My avatar displays how much I love that show; and I do love it. I've seen it 8 times through. I freaking love it. So obviously, for this, I am incredibly excited. A sequel by the same team, same creators, even the same music composers... heck yes.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
EDIT: Freaking double post. Internet's being weird.

Let me just add that Avatar: The Last Airbender is incredible. Absolutely incredible. You know, in case I didn't say that before.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I do want this so much!

This makes me want to watch the series again, I'm sensing a marathon right before this comes out.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
This is the first time in years that I've been able to say this, but thank you, Nickelodeon. Thank you. Avatar: The Last Airbender was, looking back on it, a truly fantastic show, and the fact that it is getting a proper continuation and that the last thing it leaves behind won't be the... movie... is just a great thing from any stance. I most certainly will watch this!

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
That was down right amazing and truly stunning. SEE! America can still make good animated shows!

[sub](this and my little pony)[/sub]

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Ehhh, to bad I will likely be off to school when this comes out. My brother and I watched the original series together, but I'll be in college.

Then again, I've sorta stoped liking TV in general.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Wait, Aang's son is going to be voiced by JK Simmons? The guy who voiced Cave Johnson? Hell yeah, I cannot freaking wait for this to air.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
Goldeneye1989 said:

#1 It has biiig shoes to fill, and im not just talking about the Original Cartoon or to make up from the movie. They have decided to make it look more local and focused on the one city so they are going to have to ensure that the scenario dosent get old.

#2 The fact that they have stated that they are going to be starting from the character already knowing 3/4 elements. In the original Aang only knew Wind and less about his place in the 'verse, and EVEN less about the roll of the avatar. Korra is going to have guidance from the friends and family of the very recently passed on Aang. As well as the wisdom of her own learning of the elements, and the training from the best masters, Aang didn't have that he had whoever he could find.

Im interested and excited but those are the two big hurdles i see that they will have to overcome.
You don't need to worry about #2 since, if I recall correctly, none of the major characters from the previous series are alive.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
This one "children's" show has better action, story, set pieces, and characters than the vast majority of what's on tv....

At least its predecessor had. Here's to hoping they can rekindle the magic.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Atticus89 said:
Goldeneye1989 said:

You don't need to worry about #2 since, if I recall correctly, none of the major characters from the previous series are alive.
Yeah but, Almost the only person who knew Aang was king boomy, EVERYONE will know Korra and be able to help her/hinder.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
I noticed the noir clothes some of them seemed to wear. I fangasm'd there and then.

This is looking to be SO. AWESOME.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
I have a huge boner right now...sorry for the language, but there is no other way to describe my excitement right now...