LucasArts Unveils Star Wars 1313

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009

[img_inline src="http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/93/93334.jpg"]
Upcoming bounty hunter game aims at adults.

Just last month we spotted a mysterious trademark [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117121-Lucasfilm-Files-New-Videogame-Trademark] for Star Wars 1313, leading to lots of speculation over what new project LucasArts would be bringing our way. Eager Star Wars fans didn't have to wait too long as LucasArts has officially announced a brand new third-person shooter titled Star Wars 1313.

Taking a more gritty and mature spin on the franchise, Star Wars 1313 stars a yet unnamed bounty hunter working for a mysterious criminal organization named Level 1313 on Coruscant. Players will have to rely on their wits, gadgets and variety of weapons instead of the Force to hunt down to their targets.

"Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit," stated Paul Meegan, president of LucasArts. "We are committed to bringing the best gameplay experience and visual fidelity to life and I truly believe the work we are showcasing at E3 will speak for itself."

Currently, LucasArts has provided no details on what platforms Star Wars 1313 will be available for, and has not announced a release date.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/star-wars-1313-officially-announced-about-level-1313-on-corusca/ ]

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
So its going to be like SW: Bounty Hunter then?

Good, I still think that was a massively overlooked game.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Judging by that shuttle and the tie fighters, were looking at the era around the original trilogy. And, since you're working on Corscant, which is Imperial controlled, you're probably working for the Empire. Okay, it says "criminal organization," but, yeah, probably the Empire.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Just what I want from Star Wars. Gritty realism.

DVS BSTrD said:
Let's it's more accurate than storm troopers.
I think it wins THAT one by default.
Not necessarily. Republic Commando and KOTOR 2 took a darker spin on Star Wars while still remaining true to the feel of the universe.

And hell, there's always been grit in Star Wars. The criminal scene was always a big part of the franchise, what with bounty hunters, Jabba's Cartel, and smugglers. Crime syndicates isn't that much of a stretch.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Well I hope it's longer then most of the games they release, seriously I loved Force unleashed but its shortness ruined it! It's like they're trying to make films.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Azuaron said:
Judging by that shuttle and the tie fighters, were looking at the era around the original trilogy. And, since you're working on Corscant, which is Imperial controlled, you're probably working for the Empire. Okay, it says "criminal organization," but, yeah, probably the Empire.
Or Black Sun. Working for Prince Xizor would be cool.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
WMDogma said:
=squints=

Okay, LucasArts. I've got my eye on you, though. And I swear to God, if so much as one lightsaber or canon character shows up, I will forget your name and burn every trace that we ever knew each other.

(Seriously, though. The whole franchise has basically become the Cantina Band -- They only know the one goddamned song.)

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Dastardly said:
Okay, LucasArts. I've got my eye on you, though. And I swear to God, if so much as one lightsaber or canon character shows up, I will forget your name and burn every trace that we ever knew each other.
This is LucasArts... You will fight against a Jedi or have them as a companion or a main character or be serving Darth Vader or something!

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Azuaron said:
Or Black Sun. Working for Prince Xizor would be cool.
Or Blue Sun! Firefly crossover!

Anyone? Anyone? Just me? *sigh*

yellost

Nov 7, 2011
wooty said:
So its going to be like SW: Bounty Hunter then?

Good, I still think that was a massively overlooked game.
Funny, When I saw the trailer for Prey 2, I thought "so that's an update of SW Bounty hunter withouth the SW...)

And when I see this, I can't help thinking "so that's prey 2 in the SW universe" XD

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Anyone wanna bet that based on the success of this, it will determine whether or not a Battlefront III will emerge?

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
WMDogma said:
...a brand new third-person shooter titled Star Wars 1313.

...Players will have to rely on their wits, gadgets and variety of weapons instead of the Force to hunt down their targets.
This has "Mass Effect" written all over it.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Sixties Spidey said:
Anyone wanna bet that based on the success of this, it will determine whether or not a Battlefront III will emerge?
As much as I hate to say it - Battlefront 3's dead for good. LucasArts abandoned that ship a looong time ago, with no intent of ever returning.