Don't Blame Games, Blame Pants

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Don't Blame Games, Blame Pants

I don't care if you're a bleeding-heart liberal or a conservative redneck, you too can be gunned down in public if we don't unite now and do something about pants in our society.

Read Full Article

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm glad to see that someone else has finally realized the evil of pants. That is why, for several years, I've refused to dress myself in the garb of murderers and gone pants-less both at work and in my spare time.
Sadly, not everyone appreciates my efforts...

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
So what do you suggest? We wear silly little shorts in our day to day adventures?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Bravo sir. I approve of this crusade against the denim (and corduroy and cotton, etc, etc) menace.

'tis truly the only way to stop violent outbreaks.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
Anyone who purchases pants should have to have themselves instated into a national Pants registry.

Good thing I wear them less often than I play video games! (Make of that what you will.)

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
I agree whole heartedly.
I personally make it a goal to where pants as little as possible.

During the week unfortunately, thanks to societal pressure I have to wear them for about 8 hours a day, while I'm at work - let me tell you with all the stress of having pants on not going on an office killing-spree takes more and more effort every day. Is it a coincidence that I'm wearing pants the entire time? I don't think so.

Once I get home though and can finally take my pants off I find it much easier to cool down.

The weekends are usually easier to get through without pants, but occasionally I have to go to the grocery store and the stress of having pants on again makes want to go on a rampage, not because that jerk who stole a parking spot before I could pull in to it, or the parents who can't keep their kids from running all over the place, but because pants - how do I know this - because again, once I get home I take off my pants and I feel fine again.

See?
Indisputable anecdotal evidence to back up your claims.
Your arguments are now iron clad!

NWJ94

Feb 21, 2013
I haven't this good a laugh in a long time, very well written and enjoyable.

It never fails to amaze me that something so basic that its in most university 100 courses (that correlation does not equal causation) is so completely forgotten or dismissed by so called "experts". If you have a college degree this should not be an issue up for debate.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
As compelling as this evidence is, I know the TRUE secret of mass murders: dihydrogen monoxide. Yes, every murderer throughout time has been addicted to dihydrogen monoxide. Armies make troops carry containers of dihydrogen monoxide. If we were to abolish this dangerous chemical, all murder, nay, ALL CRIME would be stopped within a week!

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Today I remembered that I consider using the term 'pants' as a substitute word for anything very hilarious.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Isn't pants also underwear, in certain parts of the world? And of course all of this requires regulation! We should regulate pants and underwear! How else will we stem this terrible tide!

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Hey, screw you Shamous! I need my pants to keep people from looking at my hairy legs! And if we start shortening pants length where will it end? Next thing you know it, everyone will be out and about in their underwear, or just go butt naked! No, I say we keep our pants on our legs and blame a recent form of entertainment instead!

Seriously, has there ever been at least one properly made argument (you know, one that shows actual research, quotes scientists in good standing in their field, cites it's sources and so on...) that shows a link between playing video games and increase in violence? Because I sure as hell can't find any!

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I just like how Shamus skirts around the issue.
[small][sub][sub][sub](I'll show myself out now)[/sub][/sub][/sub][/small]

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
The idea that video games cause mass shootings is pretty dumb, but this wasn't the greatest piece of satire. There are at least studies showing that violent games cause an increase in aggression. You know, the same way that sports do, so that's hardly a good argument that they turn you into a killer. But it is at least some kind of connection.

The point here seems to be that anyone thinking there's a connection between violence and video games is "pants on head" retarded or something. That's not really a great way to engage with the other side, who aren't completely made of of moron. If you didn't grow up playing video games it wouldn't be surprising to think that all that gore could be a bad idea.

lesterley

Jul 25, 2008
I would like to further point out that 100% of those pant-wearing mass shooters were MALE!

Furthermore, 97% of them are pant-wearing WHITE males.

Obviously, the way to curtail gun violence is to enforce a No-Pant Rule for all white men.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
The link between pants and violence has been understood for centuries. Every major military in the world has made pants a part of their uniform, even for women. There is not a single army that wears short-shorts, boxers, ball gowns, or miniskirts into battle. It's pants. It's always pants. Horrible, blood-soaked murder pants.
I beg to differ. True Scotsmen clearly wear miniskirts marching into battle, and they seem to be some of the most murderous beings. I know because I've seen Braveheart myself.

Romans also wore skirts, and they conquered most of Europe.

I'm also almost certain that Hitler wore a skirt and suspenders in private.