Here Is Your First Fallout 4 Trailer

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Here Is Your First Fallout 4 Trailer

"It's all over but the crying."

As promised yesterday [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141001-Bethesda-Teases-New-Fallout-Announcement], Bethesda Softworks has officially announced Fallout 4 by way of a new cinematic trailer. As with past first teases from the series, we're shown glimpses of the way things were and what they have become in the aftermath of global nuclear war.

Landmarks in the trailer, which include the USS Constitution and Paul Revere's Monument, indicate that the events of the game will take place in the Boston area.

There are a whole lot of familiar elements fans of Fallout can salivate over. It appears that the player will once again be an emerging citizen, and we're shown the closing door of a previously unmentioned Vault 111. Mr. Handy, an Eye-Bot, a Deathclaw, and (of course) power armor all make appearances as well.

[gallery=4225]

Bethesda is promising a "world premiere" reveal of the game during their E3 Showcase event, which will take place June 14 at 7pm Pacific, and will be streaming live on Twitch [https://www.youtube.com/bethesdasoftworks]. Fallout 4 is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Source: Official Site [http://www.fallout4.com/]

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Airships?...Has the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel been confirmed?! :eek:

Aside from that, I can't help but wonder what time this will be set in, are we going to make another century long leap like between Fallout 2 and 3?

Edit: Wait...if it's in Boston, then the MBoS are kinda unlikely to show up...
Unless they showed up in those airships >.>

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Hopefully it stays more RPG-y than Skyrim did, I was disappointed by the lack of depth and character adjusting in Skyrim.

Looks nice though.

Theminimanx said:
Looks like Fallout 3 with more colour. Can't wait for the Obsidian spinoff.
I am also inclined to agree with this, even if I didn't like the later parts of New Vegas.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
My wallet just leapt out of my pocket. Strange, considering I don't carry a wallet.

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
It looks like part of it might also be in DC and a desertty area, I'm not really familiar with any deserts on the East Coast so maybe multiple environments?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Oh man... I simply can't wait for it. I hope we are gonna see it by the end of this year, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we are not going to. Still, wow... It's like a dream that I never thought would come (the nightmare version was an MMO).

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
*Inhales deeply through the nose* You all smell that? Smells like radiation, rust, and gunpowder laced with undertones of blood, brewing conflict and a subtle hint of despair.

It's good to finally be going home.

And hey, no pre-order bullshit at the end of the trailer. That hasn't happened in a while!

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Although that looks great, does anyone else feel that the "War. War never changes." line felt reeeeeally shoehorned into that broadcast?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Cool trailer.

Call me back if there's any word on Bethesda having learnt how to make decent gameplay or write a story worthy of the term.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Willy Rogers said:
It looks like part of it might also be in DC and a desertty area, I'm not really familiar with any deserts on the East Coast so maybe multiple environments?
Pretty Sure it's Boston and New England(based on the landmarks). The deserts don't mean much considering the state of DC in 3.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wait...Fallout 4 or Fallout 3 Remastered?
'cause...'cause that looked like a texture mod for Fallout 3.
Dude! Bethesda! When I said it'd be funny to just re-release Fallout 3...I was joking!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Looks nice 'n all, but how exactly does this differ from Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Because it looks like the same thing; Vault dweller, shopping carts, dog companion.

So is this going to be just the usual buggy dungeon crawler we're used to from Bethesda? Because if it is I see little reason to get excited over this. Certainly not when The Witcher 3 is around.