Here Is Your First Fallout 4 Trailer

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Am I excited for this? Oh, no, there's no way that I'm excite for this. I'm so hyped for this that "excited" no longer is an adequate description.

Edit: Yeah, yeah, I know, spare me the lecture of getting too excited off one trailer. I don't care about cynicism right now.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Sight Unseen said:
Is that Troy Baker voicing the vault guy at the end?
That's what I figured as well. Asked him on Twitter, and so far he hasn't confirmed nor denied.

Also, as much as I love dog companions, that dog's plastered on fur bothers me a lot, especially since this is next gen.

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
jurnag12 said:
Although that looks great, does anyone else feel that the "War. War never changes." line felt reeeeeally shoehorned into that broadcast?
Yeah. Especially since war changed rather significantly with the invention of nukes xD

layne

Jun 14, 2013
Oh, wow, I am so excited for this! I wonder of we're going to get a fully voiced player character this time. That could be very interesting. I've only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas but in each it was the world itself that drew me in. That's where I found the most interesting stories and it felt like there was more to tell, too. I can't wait to dive back in.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
A voiced main character... eh... eh...

I'd rather not, thank you. Didn't do much for me in Mass Effect. Waste of time, imo.

As for everything else. Even though I love New Vegas, and only liked FO3, and Bethesda isn't exactly perfect. They're still great games and fun worlds to explore. I'll probably like this. Wonder if it's still in the gamebryo engine. That might be a deal breaker for some.

animeprime

Feb 18, 2013
Its just a teaser trailer but I'm getting the impression that there will be more emphasis on you building up your own home base. Then after scrounging around for junk in the wasteland you'll get to come back and use it to fix up your house or craft things like power armor. The stripped down power armor and him saying "Lets go boy" didn't make it seem like he's a lone wanderer this time.

Quick question though, why don't people ever consider New Vegas Fallout 4? It was a full fallout game in my opinion.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
So excited! SO EXCITED! Yes, it looks like just more Fallout but that's not a bad thing. I sunk more hours into Fallout than I have any franchise except Pokemon and The Sims. Yes, I am a kid trapped in an adult's body and I love my virtual dollhouses.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
I can't fucking wait! I haven't been this excited for a game since Skyrim was announced. Whenever Fallout 4 releases Bethesda is guaranteed to have my money.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
animeprime said:
Its just a teaser trailer but I'm getting the impression that there will be more emphasis on you building up your own home base. Then after scrounging around for junk in the wasteland you'll get to come back and use it to fix up your house or craft things like power armor. The stripped down power armor and him saying "Lets go boy" didn't make it seem like he's a lone wanderer this time.

Quick question though, why don't people ever consider New Vegas Fallout 4? It was a full fallout game in my opinion.
Because it wasn't called Fallout 4? There are other titles in the series that were not numbered, like Fallout Tactics, that came between Fallout 1, 2 and 3 that didn't alter the number scheme. It makes sense then that Fallout: NV wouldn't be considered synonymous with 4.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I liked the trailer, but it didn't really get me hyped for the game. It looks like a slightly prettier Fallout 3. I figured they'd upgrade their engine more than they have. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
Well, I promised myself I would expose myself to nothing that is Fallout 4(y'know, full on hardcore blind playthrough).
Then I told myself 'oh what's the harm in just watching the reveal trailer, we all know it's going to take place in Boston'
I hate myself right now.

Oh well, from this point on I just need to avoid everything to do with Fallout 4.
I'm going to just pre-order the game, and leave it at that.
Honest.

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
Voiced Character? Who says? Just because a character speaks a line in a trailer? That's not much to go on.

I'm not completely against it, but if they do have a voiced character, they'd damn well better have some choices. And there had better be some female choices.

I hope to hell they aren't taking character customization out!

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
Ishal said:
A voiced main character... eh... eh...
Ohhh are we actually getting a voiced main character?

That'd be an improvement.
It would be nice if we could get a voiced main character with dialogue options more complex than a dialogue wheel.

OT though... I really really wish Bethesda would leave the fucking east coast. It's just does not have as interesting of topography as the west coast or other places in the States. After playing New Vegas, Fallout 3 just felt like it was just a big greenish wasteland with a garbage heap thrown over some parts.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
Just to clarify, that's Boston for sure. They show the Massachusetts State House in one of the panning shots (the big gold dome).

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
The Material Sheep said:
It would be nice if we could get a voiced main character with dialogue options more complex than a dialogue wheel.
Agreed.

I know voiced characters are contentious, but it's getting to the point where I'm done with mute characters in otherwise fully voiced games. It feels fucking ridiculous and is hugely detrimental to immersion.

The Material Sheep said:
OT though... I really really wish Bethesda would leave the fucking east coast. It's just does not have as interesting of topography as the west coast or other places in the States. After playing New Vegas, Fallout 3 just felt like it was just a big greenish wasteland with a garbage heap thrown over some parts.
I'm torn on the subject of color. On the one hand, post-apocalyptic wastelands do not handle visual differentiation well, and after 5+ entries in the series now I can see why people find yet another smashed city block kind of monotonous. On the other hand, lush vegetation or vivid and colorful locales doesn't really say "Fallout" to me in the slightest. You can get so far with Neon and decorative flair but there needs to be some Wastelandy vibe or the game is going to feel divorced from its legacy.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
The graphics could be better. I know it'll get modded, but I'm just saying. I hope the limitations of the consoles didn't hold them back too much already...

Even though it was Boston (potentially some other places, who knows) it didn't underwhelm me too much, the style seems like it has gotten a much-needed revamp without sacrificing what made Fallout Fallout. If anything the style seems a wee bit closer to the originals.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
So they stole the "zooming out from ye olde atomicke TV to an Ink Spots song" thingie from the first Fallout intro again.

And they showcased Bethesda's branded stilted animations again.

Well, at least the Wasteland is much more colorful now. That's a plus, I suppose.