3 pound lobster? How's THAT for a going-away dinner

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Not to mention the steak and mac&cheese that went along with it.

In related news, I think my stomach may explode.

But that's totally okay.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
That sounds really good. But you didn't include discussion value.

Here's some:

What outrageous meals have you eaten, or do you want to eat?

OT: I want a really large steak for my 18th birthday dinner. It will be huge and awesome!

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Jalapeno sandwich. It was an...interesting taste, but I will never ever do that again.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
AnonymousTipster said:

But that's totally okay.
So let me get this straight. You ate a lobster and you accompanied it with macarone and cheese?

At least tell me the steak was something decent like wagyu or black angus or hereford or something.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Speaking of outrageous meals, on the night of Decemeber 13th in the Year of our Lord 2010, I was at Ruth's Chris steakhouse for a friend's birthday dinner, and during said dinner I ordered the "porterhouse for two"...for me.

That's right. A porterhouse steak meant for TWO adult humans. Eaten, to the very bone, by yours truly.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Outrageous meals, huh? Well, my aunt spread pasta sauce on a pancake and gave that to me. I'm not sure why I ate it, perhaps because of my affinity for pasta or delicious pancakes. I can assure you, though, that the two combined formed a disgusting duo. When my aunt was asked for the reasoning behind the meal she replied, "I heard he liked spaghetti and pancakes..." Morale of the story, be careful about mentioning favorite foods.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Dwarfman said:
AnonymousTipster said:

But that's totally okay.
So let me get this straight. You ate a lobster and you accompanied it with macarone and cheese?
Lobster, steak, and macaroni and cheese. Specifically eaten in the order of: mac&cheese, then steak, then lobster.

I can sense your envy pouring out through my screen.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Marter said:
That sounds really good. But you didn't include discussion value.

Here's some:

What outrageous meals have you eaten, or do you want to eat?
How about emu liver pate. Damn tasty stuff!

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
AnonymousTipster said:
Dwarfman said:
AnonymousTipster said:

But that's totally okay.
Lobster, steak, and macaroni and cheese. Specifically eaten in the order of: mac&cheese, then steak, then lobster.

I can sense your envy pouring out through my screen.
More like sympathy for the poor lobster. Macarone and cheese? It better not have come from a box, please for the love of God tell me you actually made a mornay sauce!?!?!?!?!

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I always wanted to try Shark meat... I hear it tastes like chicken!

... I'm not even being sarcastic, it really does apparently taste like chicken!

The Shark! Chicken of the Seas!!!

...Goddamn, I get off topic so easily...

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
You think I'd make macaroni and cheese out of the box???

I'm insulted.

Were this 1787, I'd challenge you to a duel.

And all this coming from the plebeian with no lobster at all?

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011

Okay, cool story broseph, but what are we supposed to discuss? I'm sorry, but I really don't see the discussion value. Are we supposed to discuss that you ate a 3 pound lobster?

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Ice Car said:

Okay, cool story broseph, but what are we supposed to discuss? I'm sorry, but I really don't see the discussion value. Are we supposed to discuss that you ate a 3 pound lobster?
You hide behind your memes, but your jealousy is literally palpable.

And there's plenty of discussion value.

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
B) the occasion and cause for this going away dinner
C) favorite seafood
D) as suggested, past outrageous meals
E) other

Just be a little creative every now and then brah.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
C) favorite seafood
E) other

I use my memes when they are right for the situation, I don't spam them everywhere.

Second, your post just tells us "Oh, fuck yeah I ate a 3 pound lobster" and nothing else. I saw no point in a topic that says three short lines of what you just did.

Honestly though, it's pretty stupid to make a low-effort topic saying "I got this giant enemy lobster, after breaking off it's weak point and eating it for massive damage" or something along those lines and expecting a discussion to spark out of it? And yeah, I just added another meme for the hell of it.

Lastly, I don't think I've ever eaten lobster before. Never did, don't want to.

But to add to the "discussion"...

A) Had none
B) ?
C) Just about all kinds of fish. No particular one.
D) I can't really name any "outrageous" meals I've had, since I can't think of any at the moment
E) ?

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
C) favorite seafood
E) other

I use my memes when they are right for the situation, I don't spam them everywhere.

Second, your post just tells us "Oh, fuck yeah I ate a 3 pound lobster" and nothing else. I saw no point in a topic that says three short lines of what you just did.

Honestly though, it's pretty stupid to make a low-effort topic saying "I ate this giant enemy lobster, after breaking off it's weak point and eating it for massive damage" or something along those lines and expecting a discussion to spark out of it? And yeah, I just added another meme for the hell of it.
No, making this topic wasn't stupid.

What's stupid is getting so butthurt over what you consider to be a "low-effort" topic (as if there are "high effort topics?). If it upsets you so much, don't bother posting.

On second thought, keep posting. You're just showing how wrong you are, considering the topic is certainly sparking discussion.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
C) favorite seafood
E) other

Honestly though, it's pretty stupid to make a low-effort topic saying "I ate this giant enemy lobster, after breaking off it's weak point and eating it for massive damage" or something along those lines and expecting a discussion to spark out of it? And yeah, I just added another meme for the hell of it.
No, making this topic wasn't stupid.

What's stupid is getting so butthurt over what you consider to be a "low-effort" topic (as if there are "high effort topics?). If it upsets you so much, don't bother posting.

On second thought, keep posting. You're just showing how wrong you are, considering the topic is certainly sparking discussion.
"Butthurt"? "Upsets"? Show me where in my post where I got pissed off. And I said that, in my opinion, it was stupid to make a low effort topic and expect a discussion to spark out of it in general. I didn't specifically refer to this topic, or you as the topic creator. This topic indeed sparked discussion, but I just find it stupid to make a topic for something like this, not designate a discussion and hope a discussion will spark? How much effort does it really take to type out "What are some outrageous meals you've had?"? Hm, 7 words, it took me 5 seconds to type that, and I don't even type with all my fingers on the keyboard. How much could it hurt to add one more 7 word sentence?

Anyways, I have no idea why I'm bothering arguing when this discussion is going nowhere about nothing, so I'm cutting off the argument right here.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
I always wanted to try Shark meat... I hear it tastes like chicken!

... I'm not even being sarcastic, it really does apparently taste like chicken!

The Shark! Chicken of the Seas!!!

...Goddamn, I get off topic so easily...
Nah, it's like fish.

A lot of the "fish" in fish and chips is actually shark. Or at least it is in Australia. It's quite pleasant actually.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure I've only ever had shark once.

It was long enough ago that I don't really remember how it tasted.

I've had crocodile a number of times though, it's not really worth it past the novelty.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
AnonymousTipster said:
Actually, the user Marter deserves all the credit for making this thread into anything but garbage and your directionless first post. So really, I have to agree with that pic post.

As for MARTER'S discussion...

I ate about 6 pounds of deep fried potatoes yesterday. That's pretty outrageous.