302: Ocarina of Timelines

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I believe in the split timeline theory that most people regard as the most believable timeline.

The Minish Cap, is the first in the timeline as it doesn't mention the hero of time, or the master sword.

Then we move on to ocarina of time.

Then the timeline then splits to the destroyed hyrule, and non destroyed hyrule due to a time paradox created when the hero of time travelled to the future.

Non Destroyed hyrule

After link defeats ganon in ocarina of time, link goes back to his own time to warn zelda about ganondolf's plans. Then the king gets ganondolf sent to death for treason, and then starts the Manjora's Mask storyline when link leaves hyrule to save another place in dire need of his help. Then it moves on to the Twilight Princess storyline, when Ganondolf is getting executed by the sages.

Destroyed hyrule

In the other timeline, the timeline with adult zelda, and that of which link saved. Ganondolf's spirit gets locked away by the sages, but he then later returns. Link leaves hyrule in the start of manjora's mask in the other timeline. So the hero of time isn't around to save everyone again. That's when hyrule get washed under the sea by ganon, which then starts the Wind Waker storyline.

The spirit of the hero of time gets reincarnated, and every hyrule princess is named Zelda out of tradition.

Then the non destroyed timeline goes on to link to the past, links awakening, Oracle of ages/seasons, zelda 2, and then the orginal zelda when ganon is destroyed forever.

The destroyed timeline goes to phantom hourglass, and spirit tracks.

Skyward Sword is rumoured to be the earliest, or the one after the minish cap, and before ocarina of time, but at the moment, it's just pure speculation.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
FogHornG36 said:
more stupidness where is the Mario time line? metroid time line? how about final fantasy time line, IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE!
The Metroid series does have a timeline actually, and it's pretty straightforward.

I guess people aren't as interested in a Mario timeline because it's generally accepted that the Mario games all take place within one lifetime, Mario's. It's not like the series often zooms ahead 200 years or back 200 years in the mushroom kingdom. However there are people out there that have tried and are interested in a Mario timeline.

Fans just like to think creatively about The Legend of Zelda, and I think Nintendo knows that, so instead of shutting everyone up with a master timeline, they just drop a few hints here and there in-game. They probably didn't plan out a timeline for the series, but they understand that a lot of the fun in the series is trying to connect the dots between games.

The age old "argument" is that there is no timeline, and that we're all just wasting our time thinking about it. Personally I see no harm in it. The fact that people will go to such lengths debating and searching for answers is just a testament to the quality of the games.