4 Player Coop Action RPG's... any left?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
So I live in a 4 bedroom apartment, and my roommates are all casual gamers. I busted out Dungeons and Dragons Heroes which is a 4 player action Coop RPG and everyone got into it.

20 Hours later the game was beaten and everyone was happy.

The gameplay is real time, and as you level up and collect loot and experience you learn new skills and other things.

I'm wondering if there are any other games similar to this one that you guys know of. The only one I can think of is Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but there must be more.

So any other games that you can think of that fall into this category? Also where would I go to get really old xbox games such as Baldur's gate Dark Alliance?

Aryanos

Aug 20, 2010
If ya got a gamecube you could do it with Zelda: Four Swords.
As for the games try pawn shops and specialty stores.

May 23, 2010
I totally remember Heroes.

Somebody's going to suggest Borderlands, to which I respond "NO."
If you have 4 PCs, I would recommend Neverwinter Nights, it's like Heroes, but much better.

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:

If you have 4 PCs, I would recommend Neverwinter Nights, it's like Heroes, but much better.

Sorry :p lol

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
Well, Final Fantasy Christal Chronicles. And Tales of Symphonia are pretty high up on my list of multiplayers.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Does Gauntlet: Legends count? That was always fun, if massively confusing.
But 4 player local co-op is nigh-impossible to find in any genre... See what the XBLA has to offer, I guess.

As for the older games, some independent video game shops seem to have them, or there's always amazon?

Aryanos

Aug 20, 2010

Lets specify. 4 gamer pc's and a modem that likes you, i own the diamond edition.

May 23, 2010
Aryanos said:

Lets specify. 4 gamer pc's and a modem that likes you, i own the diamond edition.
Neverwinter Nights is fairly old, the computers at my school could run it for Heaven's sake. If you play LAN it should be good. The only trick is getting at least 4 PCs, at least 4 copies of NWN (Damn you CD coooooooodes), and (Hopefully this is already covered) at least 4 friends. Of course, friends are unecessary when you have cardboard, some markers, and imagination.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Well I have a great PC, and a 360.

I beat borderlands 4 times, but I appreciate the suggestion because in a way it fits.

Neverwinter nights just got added to my, look into list. It won't work for couch coop but I personally am always looking for a time sink.

I'm going to avoid anything with the final fantasy name though.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
PS2's Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms.

Awesome game, cool for 4 co-op.

Probably just available on e-bay or Amazon.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2.

They don't have loot per se, but their variety comes from the wide range of playable characters.

Both pretty long and good for replay value as well.

Edit: Sacred 2 as well, it's not got great presentation, but it's hueg (the gameworld is about half as big again as Oblivion, and it's all free roamable). Can't remember how many players can play on one console though, might only be one.

Sep 14, 2009
godofallu said:
Well I have a great PC, and a 360.

I beat borderlands 4 times, but I appreciate the suggestion because in a way it fits.

Neverwinter nights just got added to my, look into list. It won't work for couch coop but I personally am always looking for a time sink.

I'm going to avoid anything with the final fantasy name though.
you played diablo II?

its a level up real time dungeon crawler, and online with friends its a BLAST (by yourself is a big mehhh)

but thats always a blast, especially once you know where your going and can really rush

Racthoh

Feb 9, 2009
Diablo II will keep you entertained. Forever. Picking up 4 CD keys would be an issue.

For those mentioning Gamecube 4 player games, be wary. A game like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles requires each of the four players own a gameboy with a link cable, you don't just use four controllers. Four Swords Adventure is exactly the same way too. Believe me there is nothing more disappointing to a group of friends than finding out the game you bought for all four to play can't be played by everyone.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2.

They don't have loot per se, but their variety comes from the wide range of playable characters.

Both pretty long and good for replay value as well.

Edit: Sacred 2 as well, it's not got great presentation, but it's hueg (the gameworld is about half as big again as Oblivion, and it's all free roamable). Can't remember how many players can play on one console though, might only be one.
Sacred 2's world is much bigger then Oblivions world.

(only 2 players for Sacred 2.)

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Sacred 2 looks like a good suggestion too. I have some Amazon store credit so I may just pick that up to play with a buddy.

Same with Baldur's gate dark alliance.

As far as PC games go, I hesitate only because I dislike point and click games like Torchlight. There is just no fun in holding a mouse button down to move and fight and do basically everything.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Doctor What said:
Tales of Symphonia are pretty high up on my list of multiplayers.
Tales of Symphoia and Tales of Vesparia are both really fun on their own or co-op and people can jump in and out at any time so you don't need everyone there. I'd definitely recommend them, might be hard to find though. I'd suggest looking online.

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
I know that the Left 4 Dead series isn't an RPG, but it's really well done. Course, your gonna either buy 4 copies of L4D or pirate it.