4 Player Coop Action RPG's... any left?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I don't think you guys understand what a Hack and Slash game is lol. I love L4D but anyone suggesting it here is just being a troll who clearly didn't even read the title, let alone the first post.

I'm thinking about getting Diablo 2, but I have Windows 7 and I have heard bad things about the 2 mixing.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Korten12 said:
Sacred 2's world is much bigger then Oblivions world.
It's allegedly supposed to be 22 square miles, whereas Oblivion is supposedly 16. If you were really anal you could work out the scale of the map (absent from the images) from that milestones quest in the human realm though.

Though when you're tooling around on your sabretooth tiger, you can cover the ground pretty fast anyway.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days has local 4 Player Coop.
But its not an actual story mode, just a lot of missions, its still a ton of fun.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
godofallu said:
I'm thinking about getting Diablo 2, but I have Windows 7 and I have heard bad things about the 2 mixing.
Works fine for me. Diablo 1 will arse up the screen if you have an nVidia card on Vista or 7, as will Starcraft, but you can stop that by terminating the Explorer process and running the game from task manager.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Rylot said:
Doctor What said:
Tales of Symphonia are pretty high up on my list of multiplayers.
Tales of Symphoia and Tales of Vesparia are both really fun on their own or co-op and people can jump in and out at any time so you don't need everyone there. I'd definitely recommend them, might be hard to find though. I'd suggest looking online.
Tales of Vesperia doesn't completely let you just jump in and out, and it requires you to change settings.

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
I remember D&D Heroes. Really fun one.

Best place to look for these kinds of games is early 00s, and there are a few of them for the original Xbox. One title that hasn't been mentioned here is Hunter: The Reckoning and its sequels, which is relatively obscure, and a bit challenging. It was a game where teamwork really made a difference. Other than that, then Dark Alliance and the Diablo series are where it's at.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Uhhh... I don't know any co-op games, let alone a RPG.

You're casual gamers? I don't know, but I found L4D to be hilarious amounts of fun, no matter what you do there.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Aryanos said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
I totally remember Heroes.

Somebody's going to suggest Borderlands, to which I respond "NO."
If you have 4 PCs, I would recommend Neverwinter Nights, it's like Heroes, but much better.
Lets specify. 4 gamer pc's and a modem that likes you, i own the diamond edition.
Neverwinter Nights is fairly old, the computers at my school could run it for Heaven's sake. If you play LAN it should be good. The only trick is getting at least 4 PCs, at least 4 copies of NWN (Damn you CD coooooooodes), and (Hopefully this is already covered) at least 4 friends. Of course, friends are unecessary when you have cardboard, some markers, and imagination.
If that's the case can't you just as well write a book or something?

Daaaah Whoosh said:
Red Dead Redemption, I hear that has four-player... but I just played the single-player.
I understood they only had the one console to play on, I believe Red Dead needs multiple.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
migo said:
Rylot said:
Doctor What said:
Tales of Symphonia are pretty high up on my list of multiplayers.
Tales of Symphoia and Tales of Vesparia are both really fun on their own or co-op and people can jump in and out at any time so you don't need everyone there. I'd definitely recommend them, might be hard to find though. I'd suggest looking online.
Tales of Vesperia doesn't completely let you just jump in and out, and it requires you to change settings.
It did for me. All you have to do is change the character control under the settings in the combat menu. It'll let you do that even in combat.

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
Alien Swarm is 4 player coop..its short though..but you can find some fan made campaigns by now im sure...plus it's free

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Anyone know the price of Diablo 2 these days?

And is Sacred 2 worth downloading? Nevermind the 20 dollars that game is 13 gigs which would tie up my PC for like 8 hours.

Oh and hunter the reckoning is way to hard for me. I've been stuck on that one boss in the room that has black tentacles for like 6 years.

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
Slaanax said:
rileyrulesu said:
I highly suggest castle crashers.
It's only 15 bucks too.
You can get TMNT arcade version for like 400 x-box points.
TMNT on a SNES emulation is better though. Of course, that's only two player.

You know what was surprisingly fun with 4 player coop? Hunter: The Reckoning and the two sequels.

But since I've already mentioned emulations, might as well really push for it.

The Simpsons Aracde game
X Men arcade game
and... what else...

oh yeah, D&D towers of doom / D&D shadow of mystera are awesome too

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Well, Borderlands has lots of RPG elements, as does Alien Swarm. Left 4 Dead is completely FPS... try those anyway, they're good fun.