4 Player Coop Action RPG's... any left?

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
godofallu said:
Anyone know the price of Diablo 2 these days?

And is Sacred 2 worth downloading? Nevermind the 20 dollars that game is 13 gigs which would tie up my PC for like 8 hours.

Oh and hunter the reckoning is way to hard for me. I've been stuck on that one boss in the room that has black tentacles for like 6 years.
Sacred 2 is fun, but only has 2-Player offline co-op. Also, when doing the offline co-op the camera is zoomed out quite far so it can be difficult to see what you're attacking at the best of times. I didn't find it that great a game, but it was alright.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
I can't think of anything else on consoles that hasn't been said, but for a PC suggestion, Titan Quest is a pretty good romp if you have decent PC's. Sort of a throwaway suggestion though because getting 4 PC's together that can run that game properly can be a hassle...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
AnAngryMoose said:
godofallu said:

And is Sacred 2 worth downloading? Nevermind the 20 dollars that game is 13 gigs which would tie up my PC for like 8 hours.

Oh and hunter the reckoning is way to hard for me. I've been stuck on that one boss in the room that has black tentacles for like 6 years.
Sacred 2 is fun, but only has 2-Player offline co-op. Also, when doing the offline co-op the camera is zoomed out quite far so it can be difficult to see what you're attacking at the best of times. I didn't find it that great a game, but it was alright.
I really liked it. I have it for the ps3 and it's one of the only games that has the custom soundtrack option. Unfortunately there aren't that many 4p co-op rpgs out there. There should be more.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Somebody already said it, but the Champions of Norrath games are pretty darned fun, so I would also recommend those. You have to bust out the older systems though.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
AnAngryMoose said:
godofallu said:

I really liked it. I have it for the ps3 and it's one of the only games that has the custom soundtrack option. Unfortunately there aren't that many 4p co-op rpgs out there. There should be more.
I really wish there were more. Personally, I'd say Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is your best bet.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
AnAngryMoose said:
GonzoGamer said:
AnAngryMoose said:
godofallu said:

I really wish there were more. Personally, I'd say Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is your best bet.
Yea. The closest thing that I've been playing lately is Borderlands but you have to choose between 2 player split screen OR 4 player online co-op. You can't even do 4p split screen. Still, a great game. There are some 4p games out there, it's just that most of them aren't rpgs. I'm going to check out Ultimate Alliance. I played one of those marvel action rpgs on the psp but it does seem like something that would be much more fun with multiplayer. I'll try it on the ps3.

Lately the wife & I have been playing Lego Harry Potter and having a lot of fun with it. It's not exactly an rpg but it's broken out beyond the basic platformer I associate the lego games with: it's a Metroid style map where you open up blocked or unreachable settings as you progress the character. I'm pretty sure it's only 2p though.

While I do like that progress has allowed us to play with others online, I still prefer couch multiplayer. I just hope the devs don't let it completely die out. But it does look that way. How many years are we into the new generation and everybody is making the same suggestions here (many of them aren't rpgs either).

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
AnAngryMoose said:
GonzoGamer said:
AnAngryMoose said:
godofallu said:

Yea. The closest thing that I've been playing lately is Borderlands but you have to choose between 2 player split screen OR 4 player online co-op. You can't even do 4p split screen. Still, a great game. There are some 4p games out there, it's just that most of them aren't rpgs. I'm going to check out Ultimate Alliance. I played one of those marvel action rpgs on the psp but it does seem like something that would be much more fun with multiplayer. I'll try it on the ps3.

Lately the wife & I have been playing Lego Harry Potter and having a lot of fun with it. It's not exactly an rpg but it's broken out beyond the basic platformer I associate the lego games with: it's a Metroid style map where you open up blocked or unreachable settings as you progress the character. I'm pretty sure it's only 2p though.

While I do like that progress has allowed us to play with others online, I still prefer couch multiplayer. I just hope the devs don't let it completely die out. But it does look that way. How many years are we into the new generation and everybody is making the same suggestions here (many of them aren't rpgs either).
PS3 version of the game is much better than the 360 because it has DLC for extra missions and characters including Carnage and Juggernaut.

Another good multiplayer game (which isn't four player, but 2 player) is LEGO Batman.

kaveradeo

Jul 12, 2010
J03bot said:
Does Gauntlet: Legends count? That was always fun, if massively confusing.
But 4 player local co-op is nigh-impossible to find in any genre... See what the XBLA has to offer, I guess.

As for the older games, some independent video game shops seem to have them, or there's always amazon?
YES NINTENDO 64 AND GAUNTLET LEGENDS. best game ever for 4 people.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
AnAngryMoose said:
PS3 version of the game is much better than the 360 because it has DLC for extra missions and characters including Carnage and Juggernaut.

Another good multiplayer game (which isn't four player, but 2 player) is LEGO Batman.
I think the one I have is xmen ultimate alliance. There were a ton of characters in that one.

A good 4 player game that isn't an RPG: zombie apocalypse. It's robotron (the old arcade game from the 80s) with zombies and powerups.
But my favorite 4p split screen game on the ps3 has got to be Warhawk. Not an rpg by any stretch of the imagination (it's more of a flight combat sim/tps and while you level up, that only gives you the option to change your appearance) but a hell of a lot of fun.

I wish they were able to make Dragon Age a 4player game. I would've liked it a lot better I think.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Lord of the Rings: War in the North is coming out soon and it's got 3 player couch co-op. Unfortunately they have limited character selection.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim: The Game are both pretty good side scrolling beat em ups that let's you play 4 players at once. 2000 microsoft points for both, lot's of replay value and stat building. (Castle Crashers is the best of the two tho, by a fair bit).

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
If you're willing to put some time in, Monster Hunter Tri's a good start. Another idea is DQ IX

ImperialDragoon

Mar 18, 2010
Guild Wars is essentially a co-op rpg with some slight mmo sprinklings. Also it's cheap and the story line will last for hours upon hours if you get the collection.